beast
8 years ago

Well....sadly, if this stuff was written about a current Viking or Bears player, most of us would be yelling to "hang him!"
But because it's one of "our" guys, we want it to go away.
The Packers kept him even though he pulled some real crap. That kind of surprises me, as we always here about "Packer people".
Think about this:had there not been video of Ray Rice punching the woman, no one would have known and maybe he would keep doing that kind of garbage.
Guion? Did he punch a woman? I don't know, as there was no video. But he has shown some very negative stuff about himself, with the gun, money and enough pot to stay high for several months.
Has he straightened up his life? I don't know. I hope so.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Just to be clear, I think most of us what this article to go away because it seems to be very misleading such as talking about punching his ex-gf and the mother of his child in the jaw and not a thing about no charges on those claims... and I believe she filed civil charges for the wrongs Guion committed against her and punching her wasn't in them, and I'm not sure why a person would attempt a civil case for the lesser stuff and leave the biggest event out which would of been the most likely of winning the case... which bring me to the thought he didn't hit her (he did hit the boyfriend and the boyfriend brought those charges against him)

If the article wasn't so clearly misleading and using negative events to get shock value clicks/attention, I think more of us wouldn't care that they're reporting this, but this just feels like character assassination for the sake of media feed and attention getting... which could of been done with more clear facts such as other articles  did.

Yeah I think we probably talk too much about "Packers people" and build it up into something it's probably not.

Well if there was no video of Rice, he would still have to explain how his wife got knock out... of course with no video, he might of just been able to say she had too much to drink and gotten away with it. And again, I believe Guion's ex girlfriend filed civil charges against him which did not include being hit, if she was hit, I'm not sure why she'd leave that out among the other charges.

Purely guessing, I think he's straighten up his life temporary, and will go back down that road again some day... maybe after his playing days are over.... but he seemed to have a lot, so I'm guessing that's not his frst time... but like I said, this is purely guessing...

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
8 years ago

I just read the article, it’s a 100% hack piece. The domestic violence stuff is based only on police reports, which are never considered trustworthy in court and should be considered less so when coming from a redneck police depart like Starke’s.

So according to the police report Letroy’s dad, who has 7 coke convictions came to station and told 2 white cops that to be honest my son always brings down the best weed you’ve ever smoked. Really? I’m sorry, but anyone who believes that is this not only a moron but is probably a BIGOT as well! How come Cohen didn’t ask Letroy’s dad if the report was accurate? Methinks Cohen got a little agenda here. What did Guion snub you on an interview, you little pissant?

Of course normally, 1 white cop enters stuff in a police report concerning a Black person; but this second white cop had to come in and add the stuff about dad.

Starke has a population of 5,400 people 2/3 white; but cops 90+% white.

Supposedly informants told the mostly white Starke police department for years that Guion was involved in the drug trade. And so very lucky; on Feb. 3, 2015, Guion just happen to cross the median when a cop is behind him; and as he was driving behind he could smell pot coming from the vehicle. Why is this guy not working in an airport as a sniff dog?

Oh and looky here:

August 31, 2015 traffic stop 49 in 30; cop smelled pot for probable cause; found 3.5 ounces of heroin; paraphernalia; and resisted arrest. But no pot found.

May 7, 2015 after a vehicle accident the cop noticed the strong odor of cannabis found 2.5 pounds of coke gun and $1100 and he too “resisted arrest.” So let me set the scene: Car gets into an accident and driver has a gun and 2.5 pounds of coke in the car; but while waiting for the cops to come, he’s sittin’ in his car smoking a blunt; but he must have just finished it up because no pot was found.

In 6 months, 3 black guys arrested, and all resisted arrest, who just happen to be smoking pot just as they cops were nearby. In a town of 5400 people? Cohen is a hack douchebag.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

You didn't know that every white police officer in America is 100% righteous? He is trustworthy, fair in regards to race, and intelligent. We owe all them all our respect, and never have the right to question anything. 😂

We have some real deep thinkers here @ PH.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
8 years ago

In Guion's case the cop was driving behind Guion and smelled it [really?] 'it's garbage"

You're probably missing a couple of steps there... liking pulling Guion over for something else, parking the car and getting out of it but I'm sure you know that.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Beast- Lawtly, Waldo Starke, Hampton...you need to effing educate yourself. African Americans drive 5MPH UNDER the limit; because it’s the most efficient way to reduce the amount you’re profiled and harassed.

NO! I didn’t leave any steps out! The cop smelled pot driving behind Guion and as he got closer the smell got stronger and that confirmed his suspicion. See this is a FACT. The bust info I gave you were FACTS. Why are you so resistant to the FACTS?! If you can contravene a FACT, do it. Or if you find a flaw in a theory then argue that; but don’t blindly support this ugly racist crap that happens in this area, it’s offensive!

Now I establish theories that emanate from a reasonable basis in FACT, like why the prosecutor dropped the charges. Now educate yourself- READ THE TRANSCRIPT. The bust was NEVER gonna stick because the lawyer knew what he was doing. He knew he had a lying short fat doughnut eating dumb Kracker redneck racist lying sociopathic POS stooge egotistical Barney Fife little bitch that had his lunch money taken away from him every day he walking to school and decided when he grows up he’s gonna get a job that allows him to wear a gun and dominate people. The lawyer just led him down the path and his own stupidity took over.

Read the transcript and ask yourself, how a lying dumbass like this has a job as a cop? It’s because if you’re not like this you wont be a cop in Starke, Waldo, Hampton, etc.

Guion outta kidnap lilly-white Cohen; shoe-polish him black; and drag his dumb freshly painted black ass to Starke so he gets a real education.

Cohen’s article was GARBAGE-I dont know what happened; but anyone who thinks they understand what happened by listening to a Kracker Starke cop is just naive.

24 That’s when I seen the Dodge dually pickup, and I caught up
25 to it, and it was kind of, you know, he was probably doing

1 the speed limit at least, maybe a little less. And as I
2 approached the truck, that?s when I could see it swerving,
3 and I smelled the marijuana.
4 Q. Okay. So you would have been traveling behind the
5 truck?
6 A. That?s right.
7 Q. And the truck was traveling I can?t recall what
8 you said, northbound on Old Lawtey Road?
9 A. Yes, sir.
10 Q. Okay. You?re driving behind it what traffic
11 violation, if any, do you observe?
12 A. Failure to maintain a single lane.
13 Q. Okay. Anything else other than that?
14 A. The smell of marijuana coming out of his truck. And
15 again, and I can also see the smoke.
16 Q. Okay. Coming out of the driver's side window?
17 A. Yes, sir.
18 Q. Okay. And approximately how far behind the vehicle
19 were you?
20 A. Not very far off. At that point, when I seen the
21 vehicle swerving, the odor of marijuana was so strong I was
22 like, something was definitely up, you know. So I didn?t
23 know if maybe he had I didn?t know what was going on. So
24 that?s why I conducted the traffic stop to find out why he
25 was swerving all over the road. And come the find out that

1 was in fact, you know, what my suspicions thought it was.
2 Q. Whether or not it was coming from that particular
3 vehicle?
4 A. There is no doubt the smoke was coming from it. I
5 smelled a very strong odor from it so I got closer to the
6 truck.
7 Q. Did that help confirm your suspicions?
8 A. Yes, sir, it definitely helped confirm my
9 suspicions.
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

I didn't really get the point of the article. All they did was dig up old stuff that was public record anyways... That article may have been relevant back in the offseason when he got in trouble or if there was some new information but why write it now 6 weeks into the season. It doesn't really serve any purpose.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Agree 100%. this article would have been good about 8 months ago between the arrest and his resigning. Now it is trying to do one of a couple possible things.

It is trying to make the team look incompetent by making it out that the team did not know about this "breaking" information when they were signing or resigning him. I highly doubt the organization did not know about his past incidents.

Or is it trying to tarnish the "Packer Way" by saying look at this dirt ball you signed, the packers are no better than Dallas signing hardy.

And 3rd trying to kick a man while down and trying to pull himself backup.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
beast
8 years ago

Beast- Lawtly, Waldo Starke, Hampton...you need to effing educate yourself. African Americans drive 5MPH UNDER the limit; because it’s the most efficient way to reduce the amount you’re profiled and harassed.

NO! I didn’t leave any steps out! The cop smelled pot driving behind Guion and as he got closer the smell got stronger and that confirmed his suspicion. See this is a FACT......; but don’t blindly support this ugly racist crap that happens in this area, it’s offensive!

So you're saying ALL African Americans do the same thing? That racist within itself and your calling others racist is just the pot calling the kettle black. Not all African Americans do the same thing, not all anything do the same thing... hell not even all bears sucks (shocking I know)

My problem with that "fact" is that it's not a fact... like you implied about the police reports above, it's a claim and not a fact just because someone say they are.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
8 years ago

So you're saying ALL African Americans do the same thing? That racist within itself .

Originally Posted by: beast 

I didn't say "all" [its clearly inferred as most] and that would be bigotry not racism 😁

I stated a fact like the cop said he smelled pot following behind Gioun in his squad; you with no evidence or cogent argument decided I was making up the story. And you were kinds insulting about it. The reason you did, is because the fact I presented sounded 100% unbelievable idiotic and stupid; so you assumed I was making it up. And I get that.

So, I take the time to present the evidence that supports my fact, just for you. The [evidence] words of this cop under oath shows; proves that this cop is a lying perjurous criminal POS. You tacitly admitted it was unbelievable when you assumed I made up that fact. Now that you can see for yourself what this POS is, I would have hoped you’d open your mind a touch.

Here’s a little Barfarnism: Usually you have to get both sides of the story; but sometimes one side tells it all. Was the cop lying about probable cause? In this case all we had to was listen to the cop to know he was lying.

Here’s another Barfarnism: Some that respect cops, might be offended about what I’ve said about one of them. But, my respect for cops runs so deep that when I see a stooge corrupt POS like this, to call him a cop denigrates the entire population of honest cops, so I protest/voice my objection. A person that reads the transcript and says, “oh well;” does he respect cops more than I? Asswipes like this also make the good cops job A LOT harder and it increases the danger for them too.

On the bust FACTS I cited, I have evidence; but your self-education would be much more effective if you try to disprove my FACTS...or said another way, I guess the discussion is over...Thanks for playing and we have some lovely parting FACTS for ya:

FACT: Waldo FL [population about 1200] officers issued 11,603 traffic citations in 2013
FACT: AAA in their literature warns motorists of the perils of traveling through this area
FACT: the FL legislature is trying to take steps to end the practice
FACT: a disproportionate number of those stopped are nonwhites
FACT: a substantial amount of the aware non-white population travels under the limit because most have been pulled over or know someo0ne who has been pulled over for going a mile or 2 over the limit [or not]; and then you know you’re often subject to the harassment and humiliation of a search
FACT: Starke and other small all-white or mostly White redneck PD’s target Blacks and obfuscate constitutional safeguards, because it gives the White majority voters that re-elect them a feeling that they’re making life safe for them. The day the Town loses it’s white majority voting posture; a Black or Hispanic sheriff is elected and the PDs quickly become heavily minority as the privileged POS Kracker police move out of town.

A lot of Football players have lived this and MM, Ted Thompson and the entire staff have heard so many stories and experienced so much of this stuff over the years. They see a guy everyday and assess what kind of human he is and his propensity for acting honorably. So a statement from a hick sheriff or an angry girlfriend is going to be weighed and evaluated; but not given a hysterical weight.

Cohen’s article is garbage
Cheesey
8 years ago
I don't know....those that want to call ANYTIME a black person is busted "racism" will always say that, and if the cop was white, he HAS to be a "redneck racist".
Was the pot and money in his car?
Yes.
Had he not had that in his car in the first place (which he shouldn't have had it) he wouldn't have been busted.
You do something illegal and stupid and get caught, whose fault is it really?
Hard for me to feel too sorry for a rich athlete that has so much to do something that stupid.
UserPostedImage
beast
8 years ago

I didn't say "all" [its clearly inferred as most] and that would be bigotry not racism 😁

I stated a fact like the cop said he smelled pot following behind Gioun in his squad; you with no evidence or cogent argument decided I was making up the story. And you were kinds insulting about it.

Cohen’s article is garbage

I think we all agree that article is garbage. ..

And your inference was clear as mud... (not clear at all) and from what I've seen and experienced suggest African Americans drive just as fast as the rest of us... and especially young males (of all backgrounds) going 10 miles over the speed limit is the norm...

I'm insulted because your being an asshole and hypocrite. ... calling out others for being racist and uneducated when you are doing the very damn thing your fucking complaining about..

It seems like you conveniently left parts out to make your case seem stronger than it really is... making the "fact" into a mistake or a lie and not a fact (no matter how many times you say it is). Cop got out of his car to sniff...

According to the Starke Police Department, an officer stopped a 2015 Dodge Ram driven by Guion, Jr. near the 2300 block of North Temple Avenue just after 11 p.m. As the officer approached the car, he could smell a "strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle," police said.

first coast news  wrote:

Cops sure as hell aren't all innocent but that doesn't make law breakers innocent either.

Now I'm done with this bull shit thread...
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
8 years ago
This thread is a good indication of how people are manipulated in their thinking by the media of what is going on in this country. People of color and alternative sexuality have been treated abominably in this country since its inception. They are fed up and fighting for their rights in a so called free country. People better start waking up to the idea that we all have the same rights and will be treated equally as guaranteed by our Constitution. If a person is a bigot, they will be called out on it. And those that say they just want their country back never understood their country in the first place. They were brainwashed by a system that had a lot of flaws.
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
8 years ago

I don't know....those that want to call ANYTIME a black person is busted "racism" will always say that, and if the cop was white, he HAS to be a "redneck racist".
Was the pot and money in his car?
Yes.
Had he not had that in his car in the first place (which he shouldn't have had it) he wouldn't have been busted.
You do something illegal and stupid and get caught, whose fault is it really?
Hard for me to feel too sorry for a rich athlete that has so much to do something that stupid.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I don't know....those that want to call ANYTIME a white cop makes a bust on Black is justified will always say that, and if the cop was white, he’s NEVER a targeting "redneck racist".

Did the cop target Gioun and make an illegal search and seizure according to his own testimony under oath?
Yes.

Had Gioun been lily-white in the first place or the cop respected his oath, the law and the Constitution (which he should have done) he wouldn't have been busted.

You do something illegal redneck, corrupt and against the law and get caught [because he’s not only a liar but a dumb liar that an attorney can easily expose during his deposition], whose fault is it really?

Hard for me to feel too sorry for a redneck cop that has so much of a duty he oaths to do to do something that stupid.
The reason for my even beginning to comment on the Cohen story; was to try to shed light on the idea that a lot of what occurs pertaining to law enforcement in this Starke area is not something that would cause a patriot to feel proud of America. And that making value judgments about Gioun based on the words of his ex and a Starke cop's report is outrageous.

It was not to condone what Gioun did; though it should be realize that if he was white and had that stuff in his car the odds of being stopped go WAAAAAAAAAY down. I believe this is unfair and not right. Some support this profiling using an "ends justify the means' I find the practice, as Dakota said: 100% unAmerican.

I would expect Letroy has been chomping at the bit to smash some OLman; let's see if he can harness this and go berserk in Denver.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (7h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (23h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (23h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (23h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
20m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.