longtimefan
15 years ago

And oh please that he led them to the game winning drive against the Vikings but Crosby messed it up. They started the drive on the 42 yard line I think with over 2 minutes left and you end up with a 53 yard field goal? Come on, I think thats grasping at straws.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

2 runs that totaled THREE YARDS and a safe pass to DD...

He could have checked off, or could have went to a different WR but he went with what was called in, so its his fault?

And also its Mike McCarthy's fault. He plays too conservative. Let the kid open it up more. We have JENNINGS!

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

How can you blame him for that drive, then say Mike McCarthy is to blame too? I would think as I pointed out b4 that he went with what was calle din..So he does what he is told..

B4 you get in a bundy, I am asking honest questions, not trying to cause anything and not being sarcastic
RedSoxExcel
15 years ago

And oh please that he led them to the game winning drive against the Vikings but Crosby messed it up. They started the drive on the 42 yard line I think with over 2 minutes left and you end up with a 53 yard field goal? Come on, I think thats grasping at straws.

"longtimefan" wrote:

He could have checked off, or could have went to a different WR but he went with what was called in, so its his fault?

And also its Mike McCarthy's fault. He plays too conservative. Let the kid open it up more. We have JENNINGS!

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

How can you blame him for that drive, then say Mike McCarthy is to blame too? I would think as I pointed out b4 that he went with what was calle din..So he does what he is told..

B4 you get in a bundy, I am asking honest questions, not trying to cause anything and not being sarcastic

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

I agree, that is my fault. I should have put the Mike McCarthy part earlier in the post. I don't think it is all his fault, it is also MM. The playcalling I said in another thread too was horrible in the Vikings game. They were basically playing for a 50+ FG for some reason. But the only positive play Rodgers had on that drive was when he threw it at a Vikings players head and it bounced off his head and went into Drivers hand. So I don't think he was exactly clutch either. Even if you take away the last drive, Rodgers had a horrible game, he looked lost and confused. The O-line sucking completly threw him off his game. He was missing reads and throwing balls way off target. And generally not sensing the pressure or moving out of the pocket at key times.

But overall, I agree, it is a combination of things but I'd like to see "that" defining moment before I "crown" him (or a couple more wins). To go from a team that I think was 8-1 at this point (that or 7-2) to 4-5 and only one position changes. It's tough for me to give the QB that came in a lot of credit like most others are. To me anyway, a QB that is elite wins you at least one of those 4 games, regardless of how.

He has by far exceeded my expectations because I thought he was going to fold under the pressure of the whole Favre expectations. But he has done well and sometimes he makes me even forget about the F word with his play. But for me anyway, its been a whole lot of potential and not a whole lot of substance. Because he HAS to improve in the pocket (in terms of making quick decisions and sensing pressure).

Also lets take some bigger risks when we're down (which might be Mike McCarthy coaching him to protect the ball at all costs). That Cowboys game killed me. We're down and we were playing like we're up with 3 mins to go. I know everyone will jump down my throat with "well you'd rather have him throw an INT then!". No, I wouldn't. But I'd rather have our team "go" for it then just sit back and take what is given to us. We are 4-5. So clearly that attitude of sitting and waiting hasn't worked - but this is getting completely off topic as this is related to MM.
blank
bozz_2006
15 years ago

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

"longtimefan" wrote:

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

I agree, that is my fault. I should have put the Mike McCarthy part earlier in the post. I don't think it is all his fault, it is also Mike McCarthy. The playcalling I said in another thread too was horrible in the Vikings game. They were basically playing for a 50+ FG for some reason. But the only positive play Rodgers had on that drive was when he threw it at a Vikings players head and it bounced off his head and went into Drivers hand. So I don't think he was exactly clutch either. Even if you take away the last drive, Rodgers had a horrible game, he looked lost and confused. The O-line sucking completly threw him off his game. He was missing reads and throwing balls way off target. And generally not sensing the pressure or moving out of the pocket at key times.

But overall, I agree, it is a combination of things but I'd like to see "that" defining moment before I "crown" him (or a couple more wins). To go from a team that I think was 8-1 at this point (that or 7-2) to 4-5 and only one position changes. It's tough for me to give the QB that came in a lot of credit like most others are. To me anyway, a QB that is elite wins you at least one of those 4 games, regardless of how.

He has by far exceeded my expectations because I thought he was going to fold under the pressure of the whole Favre expectations. But he has done well and sometimes he makes me even forget about the F word with his play. But for me anyway, its been a whole lot of potential and not a whole lot of substance. Because he HAS to improve in the pocket (in terms of making quick decisions and sensing pressure).

Also lets take some bigger risks when we're down (which might be Mike McCarthy coaching him to protect the ball at all costs). That Cowboys game killed me. We're down and we were playing like we're up with 3 mins to go. I know everyone will jump down my throat with "well you'd rather have him throw an INT then!". No, I wouldn't. But I'd rather have our team "go" for it then just sit back and take what is given to us. We are 4-5. So clearly that attitude of sitting and waiting hasn't worked - but this is getting completely off topic as this is related to Mike McCarthy.

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

And further more!!!.... I'm sorry, what was the question?
UserPostedImage
DGB454
15 years ago
I did vote him slightly above average but that was before the Vikings game. I have to go with R.S.E. on some of his points. Rodgers didn't look good in that game at all. Some of the blame should go on the line and some should go to MM.

Maybe Rodgers was just having a bad game but he didn't look sharp. Maybe all the hits he has taken this season has made him nervous in the pocket. I can't blame him for that too much because he hasn't had much help staying upright. A good line can make an average QB look good and a bad line can make a good QB look bad.

He doesn't seem to be able to sense preasure. That will come with experience but he seems to have regressed the last game. Maybe it's the lack of practicing since the injury. He looked better at the beginning of the season than he looks now.

If I were to grade him based on the last game I would give him a below average grade.
alldaybaby
15 years ago

"longtimefan" wrote:

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

safe pass , the 2nd one hits wyms on the helmet , it should have been picked , i don't blame Mike McCarthy for not trusting him,
a classic Aaron rogers quote\r\n\r\nquote: \"I\'ve got a roommate, a guy I met in town. He works for the Packers now as an athletic trainer....He\'s been great for me...Our friendship goes a lot deeper than what we do. \"
bozz_2006
15 years ago
hahahaha. Please tell me what it's like for a coach to trust their QB. You Viking fans know all about that.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
15 years ago
I have heard people say that our o-line isn't bad. I would argue that our o-line is probably one of the worst in the league right now. Very disappointing.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
RedSoxExcel
15 years ago

I have heard people say that our o-line isn't bad. I would argue that our o-line is probably one of the worst in the league right now. Very disappointing.

"DarkaneRules" wrote:

Really? I have not heard too many people saying that our O-line is good or anything. I think they are pretty bad but just as Rodgers should be p'd off on some plays, the O-line should be p'd off at Rodgers on some plays. Once he develops that pocket awareness he will be a much better QB. Luckily I feel that can come with experience, so we'll see.
blank
alldaybaby
15 years ago

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Really? I have not heard too many people saying that our O-line is good or anything. I think they are pretty bad but just as Rodgers should be p'd off on some plays, the O-line should be p'd off at Rodgers on some plays. Once he develops that pocket awareness he will be a much better QB. Luckily I feel that can come with experience, so we'll see.

"DarkaneRules" wrote:

people were saying that they are one of the best in the league last year, wonder whats changed?
a classic Aaron rogers quote\r\n\r\nquote: \"I\'ve got a roommate, a guy I met in town. He works for the Packers now as an athletic trainer....He\'s been great for me...Our friendship goes a lot deeper than what we do. \"
alldaybaby
15 years ago

hahahaha. Please tell me what it's like for a coach to trust their QB. You Viking fans know all about that.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

please stay on topic