Mucky Tundra
8 years ago
I guess no one wanted to trade back into the first?

Don't know a thing about him so I guess I gotta hold off on judgement other than it feels a little out of nowhere as I hadn't heard of him being on the Packers radar.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

He's not a true corner heretofore that we all felt was needed, and even if it's BAP he seems more of a last minute media darling than a true bona-fide 1st rounder considering other talent on the board.

I'm certainly intrigued by him and willing to give him time, it's just with the uncertainty of what Ted will draft yet and who was still on the board, it leaves some apprehension As of Friday morning.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

If the kid can play cornerback at a high level in the NFL, who cares if he played college as a kicker? Everything I read up on this kid and everything says he is an inside/slot coverage player.

The only issue I have is the Packers have enough damn shoulder bumpers and ankle divers and that this is something this kid has a reputation for. That part is what concerns me. Not that the Packers took him at 30 and the kid was projected early round 2. So many people get wrapped up in reaching for player as if the Packers could magically fall 15 spots and still get the same player, guaranteed. To those folks, try to understand there are THIRTY ONE other teams playing this chess game.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
8 years ago
As a guy that watched ASU a number of times.. I really like this pick. Versatile player that really will shore up any of the depth concerns along the back end of the defense.

Was it the right choice at this time? That is the real question for the Packers.. with a weakness up the middle of the defense and no depth whatsoever, it is slightly curious.

Either one of two things.. the Packers felt there was more depth at DL and ILB than secondary in the draft and felt like they could add components there later. Or they really felt Randall was a special type of talent.. Woodson had versatility.. maybe the Packers are hoping for something similar with Hyde and Randall.

This is a weak draft in terms of CB in my opinion.. and a bit deeper along the defensive line. We shall see how round two shakes out.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Mucky Tundra
8 years ago

“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
DarkaneRules
8 years ago

This is a weak draft in terms of CB in my opinion.. and a bit deeper along the defensive line. We shall see how round two shakes out.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

This.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
isocleas2
8 years ago
I'm excited about the pick, sounds like we got the top safety talent in the draft so if the CB transition doesn't work its not like he's a bust. Can always get time in the 3 safety look or take Burnett's spot if he has another regression. I would have preferred a true outside CB but at 30 you take the bpa that fits your scheme and go with it.

As for the people throwing a tizzy because it wasn't one of their guys: Just because you've never heard of Randall or think he's a reach doesn't mean the professionals agree. In Ted we trust.
8 years ago
UserPostedImage 

Another year, another draft, another bunch of armchair analysts scratching their heads with tears in their eyes.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

musccy
8 years ago

If the kid can play cornerback at a high level in the NFL, who cares if he played college as a kicker? Everything I read up on this kid and everything says he is an inside/slot coverage player.

The only issue I have is the Packers have enough damn shoulder bumpers and ankle divers and that this is something this kid has a reputation for. That part is what concerns me. Not that the Packers took him at 30 and the kid was projected early round 2. So many people get wrapped up in reaching for player as if the Packers could magically fall 15 spots and still get the same player, guaranteed. To those folks, try to understand there are THIRTY ONE other teams playing this chess game.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I know many of us believe in BAP, the Packers preach it, etc. but when round 1 goes by, we're all thinking how are we filling holes? When you have to frantically google what we perceive to be the 1st round replacement for Tramon, you get these reactions.

That said, I agree with all you and mucky tundra just said. From my frantic googling, it seems like he's very athletic, can flip his hips and has good quickness on his first few steps. Maybe not a punisher but good effort guy, and pretty versatile. Seems to have good ball skills stemming from his center field days. Ignoring who else was on the board, I'm certainly not disappointed he's on the roster.

PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago
I don't dislike the player, and I can see how he will be used by the team. I just don't think he was the best option available to improve the defense and team the most. If he comes in and is used as we expect. We are upgrading from either (Hayward/Hyde) to Randall. Unless we have all be over estimating the abilities of Hayward and Hyde, that isn't a huge improvement overall.

Now if we had filled the giant hole we have in the coverage LB area, I think we would have improved the overall team by more. It would be in improvement from Jones/Hawk to whoever.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (9h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (9h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (14h) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.