Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
9 years ago

I didn't love what they did with line either. I have also come to realize the team was going to utilize Neal, Peppers, and Perry in a d - line -like role so any commentary on TT's handling of the d line needs to consider their impact.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

Linebackers, inside or outside, are not linemen and should not be used as such. It's no wonder they can't stop the run.
IMO, Ted Thompson and his piss poor planning are to blame, and now we (the Packers) have to just live with it. Maybe, just maybe, Pennell will step up and fill the defensive hole in the middle. He has the size, I don't know if he has strength and skill though. ๐Ÿ™
UserPostedImage
Laser Gunns
9 years ago
We should have promoted Jon Schneider, and let Ted out to pasture.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
nerdmann
9 years ago

Linebackers, inside or outside, are not linemen and should not be used as such. It's no wonder they can't stop the run.
IMO, Ted Thompson and his piss poor planning are to blame, and now we (the Packers) have to just live with it. Maybe, just maybe, Pennell will step up and fill the defensive hole in the middle. He has the size, I don't know if he has strength and skill though. ๐Ÿ™

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

This injury curse makes Ted look far worse than he is.

Can you imagine a team with Terence Murphy, Nick Collins, Johnathan Franklin, Jermicheal Finley, those are just the top four off the top of my head. Nick Collins, imo was a once a generation type talent at his position. How many GMs even come up with ONE of those guys?

Ted has to come up with TWO superstars, for every ONE that he gets to keep. Nab both Lacy and Franklin, get to keep Lacy. Nick Collins? BAM! Maybe Burnett and Dix can replace him. Raji's just the latest to be lost due to this injury bug. I don't mention Justin Harrell, because that was a calculated gamble with an injury history. (Although breaking his leg had nothing to do with the history.)

The LT position is another example. Ted drafted Bulaga, Sherrod and Bahktiari. Two of them have had significant setbacks with injuries.

If Mike ever actually figures this situation out as far as injuries, this team is gonna be INSANELY talented.
โ€œWinning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a whileโ€ฆyou do them right all the time.โ€
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago
woulda, shoulda, coulda.

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

What some of you fans need is Ted Thompson gone, along with Mike McCarthy and the rest of his coaching staff.

4 or 5 years of revisiting the 4-12, 6-10, (hey but we beat The Bears), then you would be posting about the good old days when The Ted Thompson led Packers were always in contention to make the playoffs and were always in the "Super Bowl team" talks.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

I really hope it happens, would be fun to watch.

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
musccy
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

What position did Perry, Peppers, and Neal play prior to their arrival to Green Bay?
uffda udfa
9 years ago

woulda, shoulda, coulda.

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

What some of you fans need is Ted Thompson gone, along with Mike McCarthy and the rest of his coaching staff.

4 or 5 years of revisiting the 4-12, 6-10, (hey but we beat The Bears), then you would be posting about the good old days when The Ted Thompson led Packers were always in contention to make the playoffs and were always in the "Super Bowl team" talks.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

How did you view Mike Sherman when Favre was leading us to the "better than Lombardi" regular season record? I'd be willing to bet someone like you was banging the drum about how great Mike Sherman was.

The same goes for TT...he's just wonderful because Rodgers keeps his regular season winning percentage way up there. When Ted Thompson is gone, perhaps, someone like you will open your eyes and see clearly as you did with Sherman.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because theyโ€™ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

How did you view Mike Sherman when Favre was leading us to the "better than Lombardi" regular season record? I'd be willing to bet someone like you was banging the drum about how great Mike Sherman was.

The same goes for TT...he's just wonderful because Rodgers keeps his regular season winning percentage way up there. When Ted Thompson is gone, perhaps, someone like you will open your eyes and see clearly as you did with Sherman.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Since you asked me a direct question.

Mike Sherman was a good HC, he was a victim of The Packers upper management terrible and stupid decision to make him GM/HC.

They had no exit plan when Ron Wolf decided to leave.

Long before you ever graced this forum, my opinion was well known.

Bellicheck is the only guy in todays game that has been able to keep a competitive team together year after year with that dual role(Patriots might have a GM, but Bellicheck has complete control) and how many Super Bowls has he won since being caught cheating?

I hope it happens, I hope Ted decides to retire.

Unlike you, I don't think I know more than GM's and coaches.

Unlike you, I do know that a regular season is 16 games over 17 weeks and I'm not going to panic when the season doesn't start out great.

You just keep posting your bullshit and I will just keep.

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

You know NOTHING about football, other than what you read, you don't have an opinion, other than quoting some source.

You are joke that keeps me laughing through the season.

PLEASE DON'T STOP!!!!!
DakotaT
9 years ago
4th and 26 and its aftermath told us all we needed to know about Mike Sherman. His teams could beat up the weak sisters but buckled every time we faced physical teamms. It is a lot like what we have going on now. Also, Mike Sherman drafted like he was one player away from the Super Bowl every years. When he was finally relieved of the GM duties, our roster was eerily as weak as what we see in Minnesota every year.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
9 years ago

4th and 26 and its aftermath told us all we needed to know about Mike Sherman. His teams could beat up the weak sisters but buckled every time we faced physical teamms. It is a lot like what we have going on now. Also, Mike Sherman drafted like he was one player away from the Super Bowl every years. When he was finally relieved of the GM duties, our roster was eerily as weak as what we see in Minnesota every year.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

4th and 26th? How could you forget 4th and 1? 1 yard to go with one of the best olines in the NFL in the past 20 years with an All-Pro/borderline Hall of Famer RB with the Eagles D sucking wind after giving up 200 yards on the ground...and that gutless, spineless, hung like a field mouse coward doesn't go for it.
โ€œNah. I like having the island. Itโ€™s pretty cool...not too many visitorsโ€
UserPostedImage
"Iโ€™ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Why don't you and uffda kick this around for another 10 pages.

That's all he is fishing for.

Another thread for him to post his 100's of "Ted Thompson should be fired" posts.

Let the re-hashing begin.

Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (9h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (9h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (10h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (11h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : โ€œWeโ€™re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.โ€
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#ร—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. ๐Ÿ˜
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.