uffda udfa
9 years ago

Bills came in today with the 7th ranked scoring defense. Calvin Johnson (until the injury late in the game) and Reggie Bush were healthy against the Packers.

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

How healthy was Calvin vs. us? He didn't do what he normally does... Bush was healthy today and did diddly.

32nd ranked run D speaks for itself...WORST in the NFL.

How we see this D as "improving" is odd. We just played a 3RD STRING QB who should've and would've been cut had he not been a 12th overall pick in the draft a few years ago. The week before we gave up almost 500 yards. How are we improving other than by who we're facing at QB?

Stafford was TERRIBLE today... he has those games more often than Lions fans would like.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
9 years ago

I'm a realist not a pessimist.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You might be a lot of things... realist is not one. You'll always find fault (and rarely find credit to people)... and hell, you found fault with Packers fans celebrating a Packers win a number of times and even a win over the Bears... that's not realist.

You have claimed to be a perfectionist in the past, which might be closer to the truth but perfectionist and realist are often different especially when talking about teams/groups/etc instead of just a single person.

With the rules favoring the offenses, most defenses can't stop everything and the Packers defense is about creating pressure on other teams passing game.

Coming into Sunday Packers are
~ 2nd in opponent QB rating
~ 2nd in passing TDs per game
~ 5th in passing yardage per game
~ 7th in passing percentage
~ 9th in overall points scored

This despite having horrible 6 quarters to start the season...

And yes of course you're going to the excuse of horrible opponent QB play, but they don't get to pick their opponent and doesn't change the fact that, coming into Sunday, 4 of the 5 QBs had their worst QB rating this season against the Packers and not in another game, against another team. Though it might help that they're in the same division as 3 of them... but the excuses are none stop on both sides.

This team might not be as good as some hype it, but it's not as horrible as other knock it either. As always the truth is somewhere in between...

UserPostedImage
steveishere
9 years ago

How healthy was Calvin vs. us? He didn't do what he normally does... Bush was healthy today and did diddly.

32nd ranked run D speaks for itself...WORST in the NFL.

How we see this D as "improving" is odd. We just played a 3RD STRING QB who should've and would've been cut had he not been a 12th overall pick in the draft a few years ago. The week before we gave up almost 500 yards. How are we improving other than by who we're facing at QB?

Stafford was TERRIBLE today... he has those games more often than Lions fans would like.

He wasn't on the injury report
uffda udfa
9 years ago

You might be a lot of things... realist is not one. You'll always find fault (and rarely find credit to people)... and hell, you found fault with Packers fans celebrating a Packers win a number of times and even a win over the Bears... that's not realist.

You have claimed to be a perfectionist in the past, which might be closer to the truth but perfectionist and realist are often different especially when talking about teams/groups/etc instead of just a single person.

With the rules favoring the offenses, most defenses can't stop everything and the Packers defense is about creating pressure on other teams passing game.

Coming into Sunday Packers are
~ 2nd in opponent QB rating
~ 2nd in passing TDs per game
~ 5th in passing yardage per game
~ 7th in passing percentage
~ 9th in overall points scored

This despite having horrible 6 quarters to start the season...

And yes of course you're going to the excuse of horrible opponent QB play, but they don't get to pick their opponent and doesn't change the fact that, coming into Sunday, 4 of the 5 QBs had their worst QB rating this season against the Packers and not in another game, against another team. Though it might help that they're in the same division as 3 of them... but the excuses are none stop on both sides.

This team might not be as good as some hype it, but it's not as horrible as other knock it either. As always the truth is somewhere in between...

Originally Posted by: beast 

Actually, in addition to your stats, the Packers are 32nd vs. the run. DEAD LAST. All the other numbers are well and good...but to leave out the one that really shows what this D is...c'mon. Hasn't stopped the run...won't stop the run.

The can't help who they play argument if it even has to be acknowledged by someone who is trying to spin positively says everything. You already know what you're doing and that's fine.

Realist. Yes. Realist. Giving up nearly 500 yards to the Bears was not a reason to celebrate. For all that you think our O accomplished...the Bears O wracked up more yardage. No, I don't need to be reminded that yards don't win games. However, it was and is clear this D can't stop people unless they're Christian Ponder or playing like him. We barely beat the Jets...the JETS. R U kidding me. You ran around all giddy. I pointed out how pathetic it was to narrowly escape with a win vs. a team as putrid as the Jets...no, no, no shouted the homers...the Jets are actually a good team. Right. Yup...they're really good.

The season will play out and we'll all see where it ended and why. Talk it up now.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

beast
9 years ago

Giving up nearly 500 yards to the Bears was not a reason to celebrate.

No, but winning the damn game is... and you just try to piss all over that fact. Now which is most important... a win against the Bears... or nearly giving up 500 yards? Realist people note the win... you note the 500 yards right after the win not seeming to give two shits about the win.

You can lie all you want but you're not realist, your anal in the finding of criticism... that's not realist.

but to leave out the one that really shows what this D is...c'mon.

Yes leaving out running stats when talking about the passing defense is so crazy... because clearly (to you) the running stats are part of the passing defense... when being real, they're not (which is why they were left out).

And if the Packers defense scheme is based on the passing defense like Capers claims, then wouldn't the passing defense be the ones that really show what this D is... it'd be the passing ones.

UserPostedImage
Smokey
9 years ago
Play the rookie Pennell at NT, he can't play any worse than Guion . What he may lack in experience, he may make up for in size . Also he is our future at the NT position. [wtf]
UserPostedImage
beast
9 years ago

Detroit is HORRIBLE on O when Megatron isn't fully healthy. For those who wondered how we shutdown Detroit...there's your answer.

BULL SHIT! Johnson was fully healthy until he got injured in the late stages  of the game after the Packers had limited him all game. That's not an answer, that's a flat out bullshit excuse.

The Packers defense had a great game and you can't give them credit for it. You can't keep it real if you CAN'T give credit when it's due.

Last year Calvin had 6 catches for 101 yards.
This year he had 6 catches for 82 yards.

About the same... and this game they had Hayward healthy, House playing better than last year and Haha at Safety... so it's possible the DBs played him a little bit better than M.D. Jennings...

Bush today had 8 touches for 43 yards (5.375 yards per touch) and went to the locker room injured and out for the rest of the game, against the Packers Bush had 13 touches for 67 yards (5.154 yards per touch).

Packers held he to a lower yards per touch... so if he did diddly today he basically did diddly against the Packers as well.
UserPostedImage
musccy
9 years ago

Play the rookie Pennell at NT, he can't play any worse than Guion . What he may lack in experience, he may make up for in size . Also he is our future at the NT position. [wtf]

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

The FUTURE of the Packers? A UDFA who has played sparingly in the NFL and was marginal at the D2 level 12 months ago is the team's future? I don't dispute that he MIGHT end up being a good, but at this point I think you're putting the cart a bit in front of the horses.

uffda udfa
9 years ago
It's all a matter of perspective. You think that regular season wins are things to get fired up about. I'm more focused on where the Packers fit into the ring picture. Giving up 500 to the Bears and having the 32nd ranked run D doesn't bode well when/if you get to the playoffs and have to stop the Lynch's and Gore's of the world.

We got our doors blown off in Seattle and any road back to the SB will likely go through there. I think about those things...not beating the Bears. I see we won and that we got torched on D which will come into play when it matters. I see how we struggle against terrible teams like the Jets who some here tried justifying as a good team.

Honestly, I feel you are EXACTLY what the Packers org wants in a fan...one who is content beating the Bears who doesn't demand they field a team that can actually win it all.

If I'm pissing in your cheerios, it isn't really my aim... it's my aim to speak about what I think is important and that's fielding a team that can actually win it all and this one ain't it.
UserPostedImage

beast
9 years ago

The FUTURE of the Packers? A UDFA who has played sparingly in the NFL and was marginal at the D2 level 12 months ago is the team's future? I don't dispute that he MIGHT end up being a good, but at this point I think you're putting the cart a bit in front of the horses.

Originally Posted by: musccy 

I think that was a good way of putting it... we can't see the future. As far as we know he could get a neck injury and his career could be over (I miss Jolly 😣 ) but for now he's not even getting on the 46 man game day roster every week yet... to call him the future would be a complete random shot in the dark to how he might become a better players.

Though with Boyd's knee injury last week, and D. Jones ankle injury this week he's might be seeing more playing time in the very near future... though I can't say which position he'd be put at. Hopefully those guys turn out to be healthy and we don't have to find out how a DL with Guion and Pennell playing at the same time will look... though now I am wondering if they played a 3-4 with both of them which one would be playing NT and which would be playing DE.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (1h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (1h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (13h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (13h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (19h) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7m / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.