mi_keys
9 years ago

Funny thing is, they were Favre's bitches too. Would like to see us get ahead of the Bears in the all time series while Aaron is playing.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

The last time the Packers were ahead in the series it was 1932. We're within 3 now. Remarkable considering the gap was 24 mid-way through the '92 season. That's a 33-12 run since; long may it continue.
Born and bred a cheesehead
nerdmann
9 years ago

Man I wish that TD to Davante didn't get called back. That's one of the best throws I've ever seen a QB make.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Nice to see Davante taking a step forward and building teamwork with Aaron.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
9 years ago
I will read little into this game... Peppers looked like he was afraid to turn it up against his buddies and Clay was pretty uninpsiring. The rush from last week just disappeared as well as the run defense as a whole.

Won't make the mistake of getting all gung ho the offense is back playing vs. that secondary with no pass rush at all. I think the only time Aaron was really even hurried was on that incredible ball mentioned earlier to Davante.

Very strange to see Richard Rodgers make an early appearance like in Seattle and then just disappear the rest of the game. I thought we were onto something there for a minute. A blip and nothing more.

We have a very funny OL. Very good at pass blocking but very poor run blocking. Not sure how Eddie could pile up yards with Flynn at the controls but in a game where we torched them through the air the ground game still did zip.

2-2 after 4. On pace for 8-8 but we don't face anymore stifling defenses the rest of the way. Our O should stay mostly untracked in the passing game from here on out. Wish there was something to believe in for the defense. I just can't even begin to see it being any better. How we played Detroit as we did last week is a head scrather. My thought coming into season is we'd be in a lot of shootout styled games. Haven't really had one yet. Today, was close with Bears near 500 yard performance.

Good to see Randall back in the plus column... should've had 3 TD catches. This is where we really miss Finley. He played his best vs. Chicago at Chicago it seemed.

If you were a Bears fan how depressed would you be right now? Cutler is your QB and your D isn't very good. The illusions of a deep playoff run had to be cracked if not completely shattered today.

Hope to see some guys come out of nowhere to have impact...short of that this season won't be any different than what we've seen the last couple.

Nice to win... but raised as many questions as answers.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

musccy
9 years ago

If you were a Bears fan how depressed would you be right now? Cutler is your QB and your D isn't very good. The illusions of a deep playoff run had to be cracked if not completely shattered today.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

It's not uncommon to see a team with a kryptonite. It seemed to be the vikings, cowboys, and dome teams for Burt's teams for a while there. Clearly San Fran is one of those teams for the Packers right now, and the Packers seem to be that for Cutler. I was impressed by what he and the Bears overcame v. San Fran. I don't think they're dead yet, even though "Evil Cutler" predictably resurfaced today.

Nice to win... but raised as many questions as answers.

This is frustrating. We still have no clue what's up with the run game, the D is hot and cold, and any identity for this team seems to shift with the wind.
Cheesey
9 years ago
I'm thrilled about the win, but we gave up way too many yards. Without the 2 interceptions, and the Bears messing up at the end of the first half, the outcome might have been very different.
Against a good team, we could have been in big trouble.
But I am glad with the results!
UserPostedImage
evad04
9 years ago
The turnovers played a big part in this, obviously, but with the second-half shutout the Packers have now allowed just 10 points total after the half over their last three games.

For a shaky defense, I think that's somewhat encouraging that they're playing their best after halftime.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago
I think Trestman pulled a Mike McCarthy and out-thought himself. They ran the ball down our throats and really didn't need throw as much as they did.
musccy
9 years ago

Without the 2 interceptions, and the Bears messing up at the end of the first half, the outcome might have been very different.
But I am glad with the results!

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

We leave with a warm fuzzy beating the Bears and the passing game clicking. However, Packer Postgame mentioned how this felt like 2011 all over again. Great, the defense got some defensive stops but it's lipstick on a pig. We still can't stop the run after years of trying to fix the problem, and if we have to rely on 53 seconds remaining in a half, and a qb "shitting himself" in order to get the defensive stops we need, we're right back to where we were/have been for 4 years now.

At best, we leave a game with hints of cautious optimism for this defense. Detroit feels like an anomaly.

DoddPower
9 years ago
The defense isn't very good. However, I think it's built to play with a lead. The Packers defense can get some pressure and some turnovers. They can't stop the run. As long as the offense can continue to play at a high level and allow the defense to play with a lead, I think they can be average. The offense will have to carry the team, as always, but I think this defense can be effective as long as they can make a team mostly one dimensional (e.g. passing most of the time).
DakotaT
9 years ago

The defense isn't very good. However, I think it's built to play with a lead. The Packers defense can get some pressure and some turnovers. They can't stop the run. As long as the offense can continue to play at a high level and allow the defense to play with a lead, I think they can be average. The offense will have to carry the team, as always, but I think this defense can be effective as long as they can make a team mostly one dimensional (e.g. passing most of the time).

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Maybe Dom is a supergenius and let the Bears run the ball like that to slow down their prolific passing attack. 😂

Our D is pretty bad, good thing we have decent corners. And after review, Tramon needs another 3 year contract cause House and Hayward aren't starters.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (20h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.