IronMan
  • IronMan
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
9 years ago

If their motive was not to "scare" the student body with someone dressed in army fatigues.. I guess I would be less harsh upon their screwed up judgement. With the fear of school violence, I could see someone thinking that it might be a good idea to refrain from it.. in error.

But if it was truly because it might offend someone.. then any freedoms we have are pretty much even more meaningless than thought. Can't imagine the anger someone that has actually served might feel towards the decision.

Dumb a$$ decision... happens often.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Military uniforms are scary? Since when?

Cheesey
9 years ago

It's not what I would've posted in this thread, but surely you can see where he's coming from.

It's pretty likely that this story will air on Fox with a headline like "Democrats want to ban soldiers from educational system", while it's about an isolated incident.

A very bad one, at that.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

Rockmolder wrote the previous comments. I don't know why it wasn't in the normal "quote".
My response is as follows:

It might air on FOX. Does that make it NOT news worthy?
My other question is: what other media channel would air it? FOX is the only one that DARES to air news stories that are not slanted in favor of liberalism.
I guess that's reason enough to not like FOX NEWS for some.
UserPostedImage
wischeez
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: IronMan 

Use to scare me when I put mine on! 😄

blank
Smokey
9 years ago
I'd like to be the Lt.Colonels attorney. Not only would I get a nice payday from this case, but I could set up a college trust fund for daughter. This case may also teach the schools students to not be offended by military uniforms, but to have respect for it and the man/woman that wears it. [twocents]
UserPostedImage
Rockmolder
9 years ago

Rockmolder wrote the previous comments. I don't know why it wasn't in the normal "quote".
My response is as follows:

It might air on FOX. Does that make it NOT news worthy?
My other question is: what other media channel would air it? FOX is the only one that DARES to air news stories that are not slanted in favor of liberalism.
I guess that's reason enough to not like FOX NEWS for some.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just stating that, if it does air on Fox, they'll most likely slant it in a way that it'll look like every Democrat is behind this decision and explain it in as much of an anti-"good ol' America" was a possible.

Fox News shouldn't be called Fox News. Rather, Fox Right Wing Circlejerk or something.

But what I meant wasn't that I wanted to attack Fox in its entirety. I've watched CNN and was far from impressed there, as well. News on news channels don't really bring... news. Rather opinionated pieces that are largely factless and slanted to whichever side of the political spectrum they're on.
Pack93z
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: IronMan 

Not saying the uniforms are scary... it is out of the norm for most schools to have someone in military uniforms walking through the school. With the heightened security surrounding schools, I can see some knucklehead thinking that it might be best not to have them in fatigues walking through the school.

Again.. it would be in error.. but I could see somebody in today's society doing that. Nothing more.

You can't imagine what some people present to the school board in terms of "improving" security.. there are some.. "interesting" ideas that come through. From security badges with multiple scanning points (including restrooms) that would track student movements and they would be sent home if they didn't have their card to not allowing cargo type pants with pockets larger than an index card.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just stating that, if it does air on Fox, they'll most likely slant it in a way that it'll look like every Democrat is behind this decision and explain it in as much of an anti-"good ol' America" was a possible.

Fox News shouldn't be called Fox News. Rather, Fox Right Wing Circlejerk or something.

But what I meant wasn't that I wanted to attack Fox in its entirety. I've watched CNN and was far from impressed there, as well. News on news channels don't really bring... news. Rather opinionated pieces that are largely factless and slanted to whichever side of the political spectrum they're on.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

It has been ever thus. While in high school one of my American History classes took a look at journalism. I was amazed to see what newspapers would print. When I was a teenager I wrongly assumed that the media was more interested in getting the facts correct than to slant it one way or another. I guess I was a dumb kid. What made it worse is that I assumed we had gotten past the "Yellow Journalism" stage. We have not.

I remember sitting in a classroom back in the early 70's and the teacher told us a joke that was making the rounds in Moscow. I don't recall how she would have known this but it has stuck with me for a lot of years.

At that time the Soviet news agency was TASS. Even though the word is an acronym for Telegrafnoe Agentstvo Sovetskovo Soyuza (Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union in English). As such TASS came to represent the word "News".
One of the major newspapers was Pravda and that meant "Truth".

The Russian joke was there is no truth in the "News" and there is no news in the "Truth".

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (2h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (16h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (23h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.