hardrocker950
9 years ago

I have to admit, even with the amount of complaining I've done the past week, that I liked this defensive set. There's some definite pass rush juice in it.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

The one thing that gave me a bit of hope was seeing some actual pass rush. If they could clean up the penalties - it would make a big difference.
macbob
9 years ago

That is beyond unacceptable if you were managing a McDonald's drive thru much less a billion dollar NFL operation that you had months to prepare for a single game.

See a trend...spent all offseason last year preparing for the Niners...Boldin...yes, bOLDin goes for over 200. LOSE.

This off-season prepare to go toe to toe with the champs...can't even freaking communicate on a basic level and give up over 200 yards on the ground. LOSE.

How do you expect this team with ONE week to prepare for a playoff game, if we even make it, to beat an upper echelon team? HOW? Don't give me this "We were so close vs. SF last year" GARBAGE! That game was in frigid conditions for a west coast team who clearly didn't want to be there. They played down to our lesser competition and the elements gave us a major advantage and we still lost.

Upbeat pie in the sky Packer fan just continues writing pieces of evidence off over and over and over never coming to the verdict that is inescapable. I don't even need to type it because it's lost on you. You'll just wait until you find ONE piece of evidence that counteracts the mountain on the other side and convince yourself things are "fine". I don't understand people sometimes.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

No, the fact that's lost on YOU is this is THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON, AGAINST THE NFL CHAMPIONS, IN THEIR HOME STADIUM. We got our asses handed to us. GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON!

Being at the top of your game in the first week of the season is virtually meaningless. There's lots of teams that started hot and could not keep it up for the 4 months of the regular season.

What's important is to play well enough to make the playoffs, and peak at the end of the season/for the playoffs.

That's a perfect description of 2010, when we won the SB. We were in danger of missing the playoffs, but went on a run.

Bottom line that is lost on YOU: we're 0-1. Time to move on. Jets are up next.

UserPostedImage
Gilligan
9 years ago

Bottom line that is lost on YOU: we're 0-1. Time to move on. Jets are up next.

Originally Posted by: macbob 

You nailed that one macbob, dead nuts on.

I am chosen by many but taken by no one.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago

I didn't read the article but I watched all of Dom's interview on packers.com. He said their focus was to match personnel groups to what Seattle was playing but they'd sub late which would then mean later subs for the Packers and not getting the call in like they wanted. They eventually just settled on a few groups to avoid the confusion even though it apparently wasn't part of the initial game plan

Originally Posted by: musccy 

This is exactly what pisses me off about the current Packers. "match" ... "not getting the call in like they wanted." "eventually they just settled" "avoid the confusion." This is the language of a team trying to finesse and outthink the other guy. I want the other team worrying about matches and settling and avoiding confusion.

If you think you have to finesse the other team, you're already half admitting they are superior.

I want a coach who says, "We went out there planning to kick their asses and making them beat us. Instead, they kicked our asses."

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
DakotaT
9 years ago
This team does not impose its will on upper echelon teams because it is too weak at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I'm sorry, but we are reliving the Sherman Packers - teams that can beat the weak sisters but not the bullies.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

This team does not impose its will on upper echelon teams because it is too weak at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I'm sorry, but we are reliving the Sherman Packers - teams that can beat the weak sisters but not the bullies.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Defensively, we don't have the players in the trenches to impose our will. Offensively we don't have the play calling to do so. Run the ball inside and let our olineman impose themselves on other defensive fronts.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago

Defensively, we don't have the players in the trenches to impose our will. Offensively we don't have the play calling to do so. Run the ball inside and let our olineman impose themselves on other defensive fronts.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Perhaps we don't. I've been more critical than most about both lines for years now.

But I'm not convinced that this is a team that would impose its will even if it did have the players. I've said this before, most of the Lombardi Packers weren't necessary the best on paper. They were the best because they willed themselves to be the best.

The difference between greatness and everyday "good" in the NFL is not as big as people think. It's just that that difference is determined not by physical ability, not by coaching or scheme, but by the strength of will.

Whether it is Thompson trying to finesse other GMs by stretching on draft day or trying to make do with bargain-priced free agents, McCarthy and Capers trying to outhink the other teams coaches, or whether its all on the players, I don't know.

I just don't think this team has enough in-your-face-I-don't-care-what-everyone-thinks will right now.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
gbguy20
9 years ago
In response to the post above, the Seahawks have that attitude, and I love it. When do we get a team with that attitude in GB? Probably not under this staff.
PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

In response to the post above, the Seahawks have that attitude, and I love it. When do we get a team with that attitude in GB? Probably not under this staff.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

When we get a coaching staff that has the attitude. Neither McCarthy or Dom have it. The only coach recently that did was Greene and that showed up for a while in Clay but even that has seemed to go away some.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
DoddPower
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I agree. It's not going to happen under the current staff. It doesn't mean that the Packers can't win another Super Bowl, but they aren't likely to have that "attitude."
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (1m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (40m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.