wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

What's really disgraceful is that the Packers have been eliminated from the playoffs already. First team in history. What's the point in continuing? The experts (you all) have already given up on the season. Too bad.

Originally Posted by: QCHuskerFan 

I have not read revery post made this past week. has anyone said the season is over? If so I have not seen it. I have seen people say IF they don't change what they are doing they will not be competitive. They MAY eek out a division title but will lose to one of the big boys yet again. It seems to me that the "everything is fine" gang is the one who over reacts to legitimate concerns expressed by others.

Again, no. Just 3 years ago, they started the season 13-0. Didn't win the Super Bowl that year either. But fact's are not relevant to ranting.

Someday you will probably encounter something that makes being 'sickened by a football team' seem as galactically stupid to you then as it does to me now. I hope you never lose anyone close or have a significant illness or financial ruin. But it might help gain some perspective. Football is just a game.

Once again you are being over dramatic. While I don't agree with all the nermann says (and I have been on his case as much as the next 10 posters) you are taking him out of context. nermann knows that they were 15-1 in 2011. His comment while somewhat exaggerated did not mean to imply every single season for as long as they have been an organization (He said "always") with no exceptions whatsoever.

Been involved in all three. The team still has issues they need to address irregardless of what I or anyone else has faced in the past or present.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago

So, they are going to start 0-9?[aiee]

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

If they come out and shit themselves like they did last Thursday? Probably.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
DakotaT
9 years ago

Again, no. Just 3 years ago, they started the season 13-0. Didn't win the Super Bowl that year either. But fact's are not relevant to ranting.

Someday you will probably encounter something that makes being 'sickened by a football team' seem as galactically stupid to you then as it does to me now. I hope you never lose anyone close or have a significant illness or financial ruin. But it might help gain some perspective. Football is just a game.

I am as passionate about the Packers as anyone else. But I can't find it in me to spew the hatred and vitriol that is all too common on this Internet Forum lately. You all have fun with that. I'm taking a sabbatical from listening to the irrational venting on here.

Good post! The Random Babble section is where we go to vent life's trials and frustrations. When my daughter was sick, I received incredible love from the nameless, faceless brothers and sisters here at PH. It was very helpful.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
by the way nermann I hate having to stick up for you. It is your fault Aaron Rodgers was injured last year. I will never forgive you for that. [neener]
UserPostedImage
evad04
9 years ago

Again, we all know they'll bounce back. They always completely shit themselves until week 10. That's part of what sickens us.

And no, it's not "just one game." It's been happening for a decade now.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Another nerdmann trope (similar to "lulls" -- sweet ghost of Lombardi you use that word like it's going out of style).

Here's the Pack over the last five years:

2009: 5-4 through Week 10. Finished 11-5.

2010: 6-3 through Week 10 (bye in Week 10). Dropped to 8-6 after loss to New England (without Rodgers that game and second half of Lions game in Week 14). Finished 10-6. Won the Supa Bowl.

2011: Finished 15-1. Only loss came in Week 15 to the Chiefs.

2012: 6-3 through Week 10 (bye in Week 10); 11-5 finish

2013: 5-2 until Rodgers goes down; 8-7-1 finish. Won three of last four games.

You continue to perpetuate this myth that Green Bay is garbage until the home stretch of the season. Hell, the year they won it all they actually lost three of their last six games.

And with regard to "lulls" -- oh the lulls. You'd be hard-pressed to find any offense that sustains excellence throughout a game. Look no further than opening weekend. You have the Steelers, Niners, Bengals, Saints and Broncos all look like they were on their way to routs.

Fact is, it's pretty uncommon for a team to dominate all game long. That's football.

And I'd like to see you actually ground your argument that Mike McCarthy and A-Rod over think the offense and use wildly complicated schemes and formations. I have a good eye for football and a more-than-passing understanding of football concepts. They are a multiple offense, and have been since Mike McCarthy took over -- but they don't exactly jump off the page in terms of being complicated.

To an extent, all NFL offenses are way more complicated than we, the fans, can understand. Option routes, pre-snap defensive alignments and reads, how motion affects what routes are run, etc. But a lot of it isn't as exotic as you think.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
macbob
9 years ago

I think the packers are a good team and can cheer for them. I just can't cheer for them blindly.
I can't cheer being run over by a freight train, and looking forward to seeing that freight train again when we have nothing that can stop it. Even if we go 15-1, we will run into that freight train we can't stop.

Originally Posted by: Cal2GreenBay 

Cal-I don't cheer for the Packers blindly. You can ask my wife, she will confirm that I was NOT happy about our play on Thursday.

But--after the first game of the season--against the defending NFL Champs--in their home stadium--I'm NOT willing to concede that they are a 'freight train we can't stop.'

We got whooped. Humiliated. But it's ONLY ONE GAME. They were better on Thursday, doesn't mean they'll be better if we meet them again in the playoffs.
UserPostedImage
macbob
9 years ago

That's kind of who Aaron reminded me of this weekend. Jim Everett, moreso.

Hey, at least he doesn't do it 16 games a year (regular season, before idiots jump on me for abandoning the playoffs).
UserPostedImage
macbob
9 years ago

The issue have, and possibly other "whiners" is after 7 months to prepare, you see the same problems. Another 200 yard rushing performance by an opponent. Middle LBs underwhelming, even Dom said the D Line did a poor job of controlling gaps, tackling was suspect...

Originally Posted by: musccy 

I have no problem with people who weren't happy with our performance Thur. I wasn't happy with our performance either. I felt our coaches did not prepare our players properly for the game, I felt that our coaches did not do a good job of adjusting during the game when it became apparent that the game plan going in wasn't working, I'm concerned with our thinness at OL & DL, and defensive front seven overall and not happy that Ted Thompson did not do a better job of addressing the trenches.

What I have a problem with is declaring the season over, might as well pack up and go home after 1 stinking game. Against the defending NFL champs. In their home stadium.

I guess putting up with bottom-dwelling in the NFL for 20 years (through the 70s and 80s) changes your perspective a little.

Heck, in 2010 it was looking like we were going to miss the playoffs, but I still considered the season a success: in back-to-back weeks, the Cowboys and the Vikings fired their head coaches after being embarrassed by the Pack. That made my season right there. The SB was icing on the cake.

The coaching stuff up above can be addressed. The thinness in the trenches I'm not so confident on. If the personnel can't be addressed adequately, then the coaches are going to have to adjust their game plans to minimize our weak areas and maximize our strengths.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
9 years ago

Another nerdmann trope (similar to "lulls" -- sweet ghost of Lombardi you use that word like it's going out of style).

Here's the Pack over the last five years:

2009: 5-4 through Week 10. Finished 11-5.

2010: 6-3 through Week 10 (bye in Week 10). Dropped to 8-6 after loss to New England (without Rodgers that game and second half of Lions game in Week 14). Finished 10-6. Won the Supa Bowl.

2011: Finished 15-1. Only loss came in Week 15 to the Chiefs.

2012: 6-3 through Week 10 (bye in Week 10); 11-5 finish

2013: 5-2 until Rodgers goes down; 8-7-1 finish. Won three of last four games.

You continue to perpetuate this myth that Green Bay is garbage until the home stretch of the season. Hell, the year they won it all they actually lost three of their last six games.

And with regard to "lulls" -- oh the lulls. You'd be hard-pressed to find any offense that sustains excellence throughout a game. Look no further than opening weekend. You have the Steelers, Niners, Bengals, Saints and Broncos all look like they were on their way to routs.

Fact is, it's pretty uncommon for a team to dominate all game long. That's football.

And I'd like to see you actually ground your argument that Mike McCarthy and A-Rod over think the offense and use wildly complicated schemes and formations. I have a good eye for football and a more-than-passing understanding of football concepts. They are a multiple offense, and have been since Mike McCarthy took over -- but they don't exactly jump off the page in terms of being complicated.

To an extent, all NFL offenses are way more complicated than we, the fans, can understand. Option routes, pre-snap defensive alignments and reads, how motion affects what routes are run, etc. But a lot of it isn't as exotic as you think.

Originally Posted by: evad04 

I call them out when they shit themselves, whether they win or not. And I praise them when they deserve it, whether or not they win.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
evad04
9 years ago

I call them out when they shit themselves, whether they win or not. And I praise them when they deserve it, whether or not they win.

Thank you for disregarding the vast majority of my post.
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Fan Shout
dfosterf (1h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (1h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (17h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (17h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (17h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (19h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.