steveishere
9 years ago
On that 3rd and 3 I don't think Rodgers was throwing it away. He was throwing it to an open WR and the defensive player hooked his leg and messed up the pass it looked like. It was the wrong decision to throw it but not necessarily a bad decision.
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

Dude, I'm not the one spreading all the doom and gloom around here.

You got what YOU asked for, and against a team like Seattle the results were not good.

The Packers got beat, time to move on.

Who were you expecting The Packers to play?

The choices at NT were Guion at 315, Boyd at 310 and Pennel(UDFA) at 332.

They went with Guion to start and had Boyd rotate in.

I'm betting next week Pennel will be activated.

How effective he will be, is to be determined.

Now, I'm just trying to figure out what your definition of "a fattie" is?

I was hoping for a little more beef at NT, The Packers went lighter and younger, fine with me.

I said The Packers would go 15-1, I wasn't sure if they would lose the 1st game or the last game, well I got my answer.

I sure as hell hope my prediction is right(it would be the 1st time 🙂 ), but I have watched a lot of football and know 1 game does not define a Football Team or a season.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

My post took a shotgun approach to all of the panicky fools posting doom and gloom - not necessarily you.

I assumed - falsely? - that you were referring to me with your "got what you asked for" comment - which I sure as hell didn't, and the run first crowd and fat NT crowd did.

One way I would define "fattie" is having that unsightly Raji/Pickett-like gut hanging over their belt, but if they played like Grady Jackson, for example, I could overlook that. So I define fattie as immobile and virtually unable to make tackles. Having Guion playing, Boyd sitting, and Pennel inactive is just plain stupid - based on performance.

I predicted 14-2 with a win over Seattle - I don't see any reason to deviate from that the rest of the season.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
macbob
9 years ago

If you reread your post you will notice enabling and excuses everywhere. That mindset is the exact mindset that keeps this team from being great. The refusal to look at itself for what it is...NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Some of the things you typed I'm baffled by. I've said over and over that Jarrett Boykin was no match for Richard Sherman. Boykin is one of the slowest WR's in the NFL. He can't separate against average DB's... Sherman was destined to own him, and he did.

Mike McCarthy is fake tough. I don't care about Linsley having to play or any of the other excuses. Did you watch his presser(s) after the game? The guy is a fraud with a very weak coaching staff supporting him. Winston Moss? LOL. Couldn't get down how to communicate and had all offseason to figure it out. That is like the Vikings not turning in their draft card on time...stuff that should NEVER happen. It did. A real tough guy coach ain't letting that happen, and if it did...heads would roll.

You can continue excusing terrible defense, weak coaching all day every day.

As much as I hated to have be "negative" here this offseason, you will see that the issues raised are accurate. It may be a few more games, but you'll see.

After seeing what I saw, I don't think we're winning the division this year. Yes, I know the Broncos were a juggernaut that got steamrolled by Seattle and not even at the Hawks home. Yes, Seattle is an amazing team. The Broncos will probably march right back to play the Seahawks again. Will it be different? I doubt it. However, Denver put all they had into TRYING to get better so they could beat Seattle this year. We seem to attempt to do just enough to try and hang on to win divisional titles. Do you see it? We're not sold out to win...have never been, and will never be under TT. It literally makes me smile watching the Ted Thompson defenders type about all this great success he's brought us. The 2010 playoff run was special. Show me anything else. Anything. Good luck. All you can regurgitate is one and dones and a win over Joe Webb and the Vikings at Lambeau. We are headed in the wrong direction...decaying daily. The last several drafts have been abysmal.

No real champion is going to stand pat and think that another year of development is the key to winning a championship but that is exactly what we do. Propagate this lie of draft and develop...not a single team in the NFL not doing that along with the other things they do. We've developed zero ILB talent, S talent, DE talent, and continue allocating tons of resources to try and fix the D. The resources, of course, are the wrong draft picks ala Jerel Worthy, but we're trying right? We can rely on UDFA's to carry us to a championship.

We're just different types of fans... I have little patience for another year of garbage defense and excuses but that is exactly what we'e in for. One week in and the excuses are a flying. I can all but guarantee you you'll need these same excuses several times throughout this season. Tick, tick, tick goes Aaron's career. Thanks, TT. We appreciate all the joy being divisional championships brings to Wisconsin and Packer fans everywhere who love bragging to their Viking and Bears fans friends that we're the best in the divsion. That is why we watch after all...forget trying to be great and win it all...just keep giving us just enough to keep those bragging rights.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

And what is your solution, then? How do YOU think this season can be saved?

If your answer is it can't, then you're just whining. Same if your solution is to sack all the coaches and TT. You're just whining--canning the coaching staff is not going to improve 2014, you fire the coaches, etc when you've given up on the season.

You're right--we ARE different types of fans. I for one am not ready to give up. That's all I'm hearing so far. Well, the season isn't over until we SAY it's over!

UserPostedImage
bboystyle
9 years ago

The shit about Rodgers acting afraid is pure idiocy. He ran the plays that were called for him - run first like so many of you half wits whine for. Short passes because the routes were mostly short. Again, poor play calling. As for getting "dominated", we got beat - a loss is a loss is a loss, but dominated? I don't think so. They got a meaningless touchdown at the end, and they got a meaningful touchdown to pull out to 29-16. The Packers missed a bunch of opportunities early on - Brad Jones' pathetic drop of that interception that dropped in his lap. Without crap like that early, the later part of the game likely would have been a lot different.

For you fat lovers, how much gross pulchritude did you see in Seattle's D Line? Athleticism is where it's at, not immobile non-tackling pigs - which, unfortunately, after a fairly successful preseason, we reverted to with worthless Guion getting the bulk of the snaps. And don't even bring any idiocy that Raji or Pickett would have done better.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

LOL. You dont think we got dominated? Did u watch the game? If it wasnt for a muff punt,we dont even score a fucking touch down at all. Our offense couldnt do jack shit to that D. Our defense played better and was the main reason why the score was close in the first half. Then they realized they were playing out of their league and went into mid season form. U gotta be mildly retarded or blind not to think we didnt get dominated
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

LOL. You dont think we got dominated? Did u watch the game? If it wasnt for a muff punt,we dont even score a f*cking touch down at all. Our offense couldnt do jack shit to that D. Our defense played better and was the main reason why the score was close in the first half. Then they realized they were playing out of their league and went into mid season form. U gotta be mildly retarded or blind not to think we didnt get dominated

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

Great. Just what we need, another whiny cowardly disloyal piece of crap in here. I think Nerdman attracts them like flies. Eat shit and die, imbecile.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
nerdmann
9 years ago

LOL. You dont think we got dominated? Did u watch the game? If it wasnt for a muff punt,we dont even score a f*cking touch down at all. Our offense couldnt do jack shit to that D. Our defense played better and was the main reason why the score was close in the first half. Then they realized they were playing out of their league and went into mid season form. U gotta be mildly retarded or blind not to think we didnt get dominated

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

I wouldn't say Texas is mildly retarded.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Skimmed a few comments and I hope this commenting directly about a fan stops, immediately.

Besides, a fan who jumps at the chance to say "told you so" about their team's failure is just someone to ignore.

It was one game fans, one, game. We waited over half year for football, lets not let one sloppy 60 minutes of football ruin the rest of the season.

UserPostedImage
bboystyle
9 years ago

Great. Just what we need, another whiny cowardly disloyal piece of crap in here. I think Nerdman attracts them like flies. Eat shit and die, imbecile.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

you sound mad faggot. Go choke on a bag a dicks
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
We do NOT need personal attacks. Grow up people.

Topic Locked!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (17h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (18h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (21h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.