earthquake
9 years ago

Don't think that's true, he got it looked at by trainers then went back in so he was obviously in some sort of pain. Also they already said there was no ligament damage and no surgery needed so I doubt something "popped" he probably had a fracture of some sort.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Yes that is true on both accounts, he came out after the first or second series, and it has been reported as knee fracture as well.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11403107/jc-tretter-green-bay-packers-multiple-weeks-knee-injury 

I don't remember which article I read about the trainers looking at it earlier, but they checked him out, sent him back in, and then at halftime after he stopped playing is when he felt it.
blank
nerdmann
9 years ago

Yes that is true on both accounts, he came out after the first or second series, and it has been reported as knee fracture as well.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11403107/jc-tretter-green-bay-packers-multiple-weeks-knee-injury 

I don't remember which article I read about the trainers looking at it earlier, but they checked him out, sent him back in, and then at halftime after he stopped playing is when he felt it.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

That's actually (relatively) good news to me. I'd rather have a fracture than a damaged joint or ligament.

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said he did not know if the team would use the injured reserve/designated to return distinction, but according to a league source, Tretter's injury should not keep him out any longer than six weeks. A player on temporary IR has to miss eight weeks.

The source said Tretter has a slight fracture and did not sustain any ligament damage. He will not require surgery.

Should not keep him out longer than 6 weeks? We'll see about that, but it would be nice to get him back.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
9 years ago
Here's how I see it.....if the backup plays exceptional while Tretter is out, then they will stick with him. They can always use the "Tretter could return now, but we feel it's in his best interest to rehab longer so he doesn't reinjure the knee". That saves face, and allows them to keep him on the sidelines without making it look like he lost his position due to injury.
UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
9 years ago

Just seems odd to me. AND, it's a pattern. Iirc, he stated it didn't really start to hurt until after the game, correct?

Anyway I haven't even seen the game yet.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

On the news, they showed a clip of him getting rolled up on. He went down grabbing his knee. Looked pretty traumatic to me.

I can also tell you from experience, sometimes an injury just feels like you got kicked or something. It isn't until it swells up and you can't move it that you notice it is something more.

I tore a MCL playing modified fastpitch. I was behind the plate and there was a play. I got hit in the knee by the base runner. I got up and finished the inning. I even dove for a foul ball.

After sitting on the bench, I couldn't stand up.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
nerdmann
9 years ago

On the news, they showed a clip of him getting rolled up on. He went down grabbing his knee. Looked pretty traumatic to me.

I can also tell you from experience, sometimes an injury just feels like you got kicked or something. It isn't until it swells up and you can't move it that you notice it is something more.

I tore a MCL playing modified fastpitch. I was behind the plate and there was a play. I got hit in the knee by the base runner. I got up and finished the inning. I even dove for a foul ball.

After sitting on the bench, I couldn't stand up.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

All right then, if he got rolled up on, it's a real injury. Still frustrating, but at least it's not something that popped for no reason.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
9 years ago

Seahawks claim center Patrick Lewis 

Lewis was an undrafted free agent out of Texas A&M in 2013 that initially signed with the Green Bay Packers. After being released, he was signed by the Cleveland Browns to their practice squad. He was then signed off the practice squad to Jacksonville’s active roster last December.

texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

UserPostedImage

Originally Posted by: beast 

I think this is one Vince does not get credit for. If I'm not mistaken, it came from Woody Hayes.

The Tretter/Linsley situation when Tretter comes back kinda reminds me of Bowman/Curry back in the day.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
beast
9 years ago

Seahawks claim center Patrick Lewis 

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

And they released former Packer OG/C Greg Van Roten... he's spent the last two years in Green Bay, if the Packers need an outside of the current roster, 9th OL (8th healthy OL at this point) why not grab him? ... he might of already learned and remembered the plays and calls already...

The Seattle Seahawks have released... guard Greg Van Roten... and claimed center Patrick Lewis

Seahawks  wrote:

UserPostedImage
steveishere
9 years ago

And they released former Packer OG/C Greg Van Roten... he's spent the last two years in Green Bay, if the Packers need an outside of the current roster, 9th OL (8th healthy OL at this point) why not grab him? ... he might of already learned and remembered the plays and calls already...

Originally Posted by: beast 

lol who knows. EDS was released from the seahawks before he came back here and had his breakout season.
DarkaneRules
9 years ago
Despite the recent events that have taken place to our o-line. I am glad EDS is not our center. He just didn't have the physical dominance necessary to carry on as our center for the long term.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Chase Young to sign $13M contract with Saints
Zero2Cool (5h) : Yosh to Panthers what noooo. Wait he didn't do crap
wpr (18-Mar) : I say that he is technically HER BIL as he married her sister. I checked it out, he's considered my BIL as well. Sad.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : wpr, I assume its your BIL via marriage to your wife? If so, I can figure out where the smarts in the family went ;)
wpr (18-Mar) : Mucky my B-I-L is Bare Stupid. I could write a book.
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : As a teenager in Rockford IL I would get heckled by adults in public for wearing GB gear
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : if you think the online ones are bad, try *living amongst* them
Mucky Tundra (18-Mar) : Never doubt wprs loyalty. Poor guy is surrounded by Bears fans in Northern IL
wpr (17-Mar) : pass Martha. Thanks for the invite though.
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : blog * as the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Baer
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : WPR, perhaps you should be joining the Bears fans blog has the same ugly Illinois colors were adopted by the Bears
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : Ah a fellow U of Illinois hater. I can respect that though I imagine it's for different reasons
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : BTW. I didn't catch the game. I just hate Illinois.
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : They're your Big Ten Chumps and you will like it!
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not for the record. Referee's handled that BS. Orange team was trash ass
Mucky Tundra (17-Mar) : *Your* Big Ten Chumps for the record
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : No, not Big Ten Champs. IL is big ten CHUMPS
wpr (17-Mar) : Big Ten Champs
wpr (17-Mar) : !!!
wpr (17-Mar) : INI
wpr (17-Mar) : ILL
Martha Careful (17-Mar) : Wisconsin with an outstanding on in the men’s Big Ten basketball tournament. Let’s hope it continues in the NCAAs
Zero2Cool (17-Mar) : Almost like taking QB in 2020 even if you don't need one is good move.
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : 2021 QB Draft class looking like a real clunker
Mucky Tundra (16-Mar) : A conditional 6th rounder? I remember Bears fans arguing they'd get a day 2 pick at worst lol
dfosterf (16-Mar) : So I got the no extension part right and the have to wait on the CW physical wrong
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Bears are trading Justin Fields for a 2025 6th-round pick that goes to a 4th-round pick based on playtime, per sources.
Zero2Cool (16-Mar) : Former Packer Jarrett Bush opens Wisconsin’s first blow dry bar in Green Bay
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are not doing a deal with Washington, they also cannot trade Fields until Williams physical with them. All hail Caleb Williams!
dfosterf (16-Mar) : The talent is undeniable, but the (advertised) haul is obscene.
dfosterf (16-Mar) : If the Bears are cutting a deal with the Commanders, in either scenario, cannot happen until williams passes a Commanders physical
dfosterf (16-Mar) : My guess is no to the Fields extension, but yes to the trade back with the Commanders.
dhazer (15-Mar) : I think the Bears do a Love extension and they will trade out of the 1st pick and take the haul
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : that might make sense
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Justin Fields to Steelers?
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Kenny Pickett. Eagles. Done.
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : They can claim best two WR tandem.
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : Aaron Donald retiring
dhazer (15-Mar) : Campbell signing with 49ers
dhazer (15-Mar) : I love how the Bear Fans are now claiming they have the best skill players in the NFC North lol
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Vikings made a move to get a 2nd first round pick
Mucky Tundra (15-Mar) : That's a not a bad deal for the Bears
Zero2Cool (15-Mar) : Bears have traded for WR Keenan Allen sending Chargers a fourth rounder.
Martha Careful (15-Mar) : *signs
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : MLB Devon White science with the Eagles
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : But that was before FA started
Mucky Tundra (14-Mar) : Dhaze, I thought Kurls would be their #1 target when I read that he was an Amos comp (jack of all trades guy)
dhazer (14-Mar) : I would like to see the Packers target 2 more FA still available Kamren Curl Safety and Chase Young edge
Martha Careful (14-Mar) : wow...didn't see that coming
Zero2Cool (14-Mar) : AJ Dillon re-signing with Packers.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-Mar / Around The NFL / Mucky Tundra

16-Mar / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

15-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

14-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

14-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

13-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.