Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline OlHoss1884  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 20, 2014 10:37:55 PM(UTC)
OlHoss1884

United States

Applause Given: 53
Applause Received: 158

So Bell and Blount (thank goodness his name wasn't Meth) were busted for weed.

I favor legalizing pot, but while (and where) it's still illegal, and as long as it's still against the rules, they deserve whatever they get.

I am curious how the community here feels about legalizing it, and more specifically about whether the NFL should stop testing for it, as it is neither performance enhancing nor illegal everywhere the NFL plays.

I think the NFL is very cognizant of public perception, but I think public perception of casual pot use is starting to change. I do not buy the gateway issue...all the serious drug users I have ever known got started with beer, not pot...and I think it's a little soon to judge the long term effects, but I would think guys who get hit like a car accident 20 times a game could probably stand a little relief.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" --Albert Einstein
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 5:09:02 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,901
Applause Received: 2,096

For well over a decade I've said to legalize prostitution and weed, tax the hell out of it and finance our deficit.
UserPostedImage
Online wpr  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 5:56:36 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,924
Applause Received: 1,416

Originally Posted by: OlHoss1884 Go to Quoted Post
So Bell and Blount (thank goodness his name wasn't Meth) were busted for weed.

I favor legalizing pot, but while (and where) it's still illegal, and as long as it's still against the rules, they deserve whatever they get.

I am curious how the community here feels about legalizing it, and more specifically about whether the NFL should stop testing for it, as it is neither performance enhancing nor illegal everywhere the NFL plays.

I think the NFL is very cognizant of public perception, but I think public perception of casual pot use is starting to change. I do not buy the gateway issue...all the serious drug users I have ever known got started with beer, not pot...and I think it's a little soon to judge the long term effects, but I would think guys who get hit like a car accident 20 times a game could probably stand a little relief.

so according to you something that is an above average pain reliever does not enhance performance? I don't know the entire list of pain relievers or their status in the NFL but I am sure there are many that are banned at least without medical authorization. Others that are banned even if it was prescribed by a doctor.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline dhazer  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:53:08 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 195

Hey now I live in Steeler country and those guys are getting ripped by the media bigtime. I mean poor Bell, he gets pulled offer and gets nailed for having 240 lbs of Blount in the car lol. But he was also arrested for DUI. But the main person to blame is Mike Tomlin (Head Coach), he told those 2 that they needed to get more involved in the passing game and they just misunderstood what he meant. Puff Puff Pass d'oh!
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DakotaT on 8/21/2014(UTC), Cheesey on 8/26/2014(UTC)
Offline DakotaT  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 4:06:01 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 650
Applause Received: 1,338

Can't wait to hear what our Fox News watching right wing dings have to say on this one. Of course marijuana should be legal. It is a Mother Earth erb. When I pack it in and cash out, I'm heading for a beach with many big bags.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 4:59:11 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,901
Applause Received: 2,096

Someone on ESPN said the two of them should have turned back, punched the woman so they could get a lighter sentence.
UserPostedImage
Offline Laser Gunns  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 21, 2014 9:31:17 PM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 39
Applause Received: 237

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Someone on ESPN said the two of them should have turned back, punched the woman so they could get a lighter sentence.

perfect.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline nyrpack  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, September 3, 2014 3:14:29 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 4
Applause Received: 50

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

thats funny !!
jimmy b.