blueleopard
9 years ago
A post is a post. This forum has been nothing but chirping crickets as of late. It needs more activity and this is a start.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
I would hardly call that a game. More like a organized scrimmage. I remember when I was a kid the preseason games were real games they just didn't count in the standings. Last night's organized activity was a real snoozer.

You can tell from the attitude of the coaches on down how little they valued the activity. Certainly individuals have to put out some effort in order to make the team but the game calling an so on what totally devoid of anything of substance.

I had to laugh when the broadcaster with so much keen insight announced to the viewing audience that GB was 0-4 (or was it 0-3?) last year in 2 point conversion attempts therefor GB NEEDS to practice it in real game situations. No one of the field would be out there in a real game. That 2 point attempt was a wasted "exercise" but since Mikey doesn't care about the OTA they were participating in the results didn't matter.
UserPostedImage
steveishere
9 years ago

I would hardly call that a game. More like a organized scrimmage. I remember when I was a kid the preseason games were real games they just didn't count in the standings. Last night's organized activity was a real snoozer.

You can tell from the attitude of the coaches on down how little they valued the activity. Certainly individuals have to put out some effort in order to make the team but the game calling an so on what totally devoid of anything of substance.

I had to laugh when the broadcaster with so much keen insight announced to the viewing audience that GB was 0-4 (or was it 0-3?) last year in 2 point conversion attempts therefor GB NEEDS to practice it in real game situations. No one of the field would be out there in a real game. That 2 point attempt was a wasted "exercise" but since Mikey doesn't care about the OTA they were participating in the results didn't matter.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

The 2 point conversion wasn't about practicing 2 point attempts it was to get Tolzien another play after his last series. It was much less of a wasted exercise than kicking a FG would have been. Coaches don't call plays in these games to win they call them to evaluate players. I don't get why people get so hung up on this stuff in the preseason, especially play calling. If it's a situation where they would normally run the ball but they want to get a look at the QBs arm on a certain play they'll call a pass. If they would normally need to call passing plays but they just put a new RB in that they want a good look at they'll call running plays. Winning the game has literally 0 relevance to anything.
sschind
9 years ago

Somewhere in there I think uffda is a good guy. But much like how McCarthy's earned detractors based on style points (or rather, lack of style) at his pressers, uffda's made few friends with his delivery.

You're clearly a knowledgeable fan. But it seems you're trying too hard to be a villain. Or a hotshot Packer maven. Or a, I don't know, a dude who flies against the grain because the band's first album is way better than the rest.

Originally Posted by: evad04 

I agree, I think if we were to meet at a bar or at the game or something we could have a good time and have a laugh or two over these internet ramblings. I have nothing against him personally and I don't even have anything against his posts for the most part. It's just that he makes it so easy to go against him. Just like we make it easy for him. He is a passionate Packers fan and they are the best kind. He doesn't think like a lot of us do but there is nothing wrong with that.

That doesn't mean I will stop.
dyeah_gb
9 years ago
Watching the replay now (1st quarter). I was happy with the first offensive drive. I just want to see a team that looks prepared and can carry out the vanilla plays. This has to be taken into consideration with Tennessee running a new defensive scheme but still, Starks made some good cuts.

Interesting move by the Pack to avoid injuries by just not playing some starters. It made me think we should have just ran the offense with no O-line.

Adams was helping out evaluation of the D by dropping the ball a couple times.

Even though it is pre-season, I am happy to see the green and gold uniforms on the field for some action. I smiled when I saw Harris with the good return. I like his back-story and am cheering for the guy.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

The 2 point conversion wasn't about practicing 2 point attempts it was to get Tolzien another play after his last series. It was much less of a wasted exercise than kicking a FG would have been. Coaches don't call plays in these games to win they call them to evaluate players. I don't get why people get so hung up on this stuff in the preseason, especially play calling. If it's a situation where they would normally run the ball but they want to get a look at the QBs arm on a certain play they'll call a pass. If they would normally need to call passing plays but they just put a new RB in that they want a good look at they'll call running plays. Winning the game has literally 0 relevance to anything.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

I agree that winning has no relevance. That is why I am saying this is not an "exhibition "game" or preseason "game". It is not much more than a scrimmage which is why I think the teams should not charge full price for these kinds of "games".

I disagree with your contention that the 2 point conversion was another attempt t evaluate Tolzien. If that was the case Mike would not have sent the FG team out there first. He change his mind during the replay review. I think he figured it was like free money. They were already up by 7 so it didn't matter if they were successful or not. One more play does not do anything one way or another to evaluate a player.

The conversation play was only 1 play that showed how little they cared about the "game" as a whole which makes for some incredibly boring football.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : The only problem with that is he isn't a guard either.
dfosterf (9h) : Put him at right guard. That is where he will be coached. That is where he will compete. He is not even allowed to look at the LT playbook.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (18-Apr) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (18-Apr) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (18-Apr) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

22h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.