Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Let's not look at the facts and just look at what Brett said. Yes, that is how we shall get a clear understanding of all this!!
UserPostedImage
longtimefan
15 years ago

another thing..We all are told or witnessed how truthful Brett is..

The one man that HE REALLY should be truthful to he holds back

WHY?

"Trippster" wrote:

Who are you referring to? Brett? Who did he hold back from?
me is confused

"longtimefan" wrote:

From Ted

locker and stuff should have told him he had issues with it and not wait till he retires to put it all out in the open.

Main point that brought me to that was the locker issue..

He has said when Ted told him he said okay Ted great..but in back of his mind he is thinking way to push me out

fine we get it, well TELL HIM it ticked you off
longtimefan
15 years ago

I was told that Brett could not get past the fact that, in Brett's opinion, Ted continually didn't keep his word and lied about events to the media. Therefore, Brett could not trust him. Remember Brett saying that some of the things Ted (and Mike) said during the whole thing were simply not true?

Personalize it. Could you continue to work for someone whom you felt continually lied to you and your coworkers and customers about you?

"Trippster" wrote:

Ted should have said..

Brett thanks for your input we will look into it but cant promise anything

If one of those 2 things happens,. we arent here today I bet

but we end up with these things.

Brett Favre didnt like the guard situation and told this to Ted Thompson.

but Ted Thompson didnt listen to him so he took it as a slap

But he let it slide like 90% of us would..

Then it happens a 2nd time? Again he said nothing to Ted Thompson I bet lot of us would have said something.

Then a 3rd time and still said nothing?

Then he is ticked off about his locker being shipped and said okay Ted GREAT

Well god damn, if all those things bothered him then he should have said something..at the start..

Brett is a grown man and should have said something and not let it stew in his gut

But AGAIN ( b4 anyone blasts me)

TED could have and SHOULD have said something as well...

"longtimefan" wrote:

That's just it. It was improperly set expectations.

I don't think Brett is mad they didn't actually do any of the things he asked. He has said that a few times.

It was that Ted told him he WOULD talke to Mooch and stuff like that.

Brett merely suggested some ways to improve the team. That is not uncommmon with a Veteran Superstar. Jordan did it, Kobe did it. And even the Cavs have sought out JAmes' opinion before making some moves.

I believe Brett to be honest. I think he believes that Ted was not honest with him. That is hard to overcome. I don't believe it was that Ted didn't actually do what Brett wanted.

"Trippster" wrote:

no he wasnt mad they didnt do it, mad Ted "lied"

Again I think Ted should have said I will look into but can not make any promises..And ALL THIS probably would not be happening...

Trip.... did you know that Mooch had told Ted he wasn't interested in coaching BEFORE Brett asked Ted to call Mooch?

Mooch brought that point up during a NFL Network show..
Trippster
15 years ago

Let's not look at the facts and just look at what Brett said. Yes, that is how we shall get a clear understanding of all this!!

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

The Facts? And how do we get the facts? Talk to the two parties involved? Well, I am referring to one of the parties involved. Most is he said/she said. In court, usually the issue goes to the most credible witness.

I was simply referring to Brett's point of view and what was his experience of the situation.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

I was simply referring to Brett's point of view and what was his experience of the situation.

"Trippster" wrote:

You mean the point of view that he contradicted during the off-season?

I hate debates like this because it makes it sound like I'm against Brett, when it the opposite, but I refuse to look at this situation with blinders on.
UserPostedImage
Trippster
15 years ago

I was told that Brett could not get past the fact that, in Brett's opinion, Ted continually didn't keep his word and lied about events to the media. Therefore, Brett could not trust him. Remember Brett saying that some of the things Ted (and Mike) said during the whole thing were simply not true?

Personalize it. Could you continue to work for someone whom you felt continually lied to you and your coworkers and customers about you?

"longtimefan" wrote:

Ted should have said..

Brett thanks for your input we will look into it but cant promise anything

If one of those 2 things happens,. we arent here today I bet

but we end up with these things.

Brett Favre didnt like the guard situation and told this to Ted Thompson.

but Ted Thompson didnt listen to him so he took it as a slap

But he let it slide like 90% of us would..

Then it happens a 2nd time? Again he said nothing to Ted Thompson I bet lot of us would have said something.

Then a 3rd time and still said nothing?

Then he is ticked off about his locker being shipped and said okay Ted GREAT

Well god damn, if all those things bothered him then he should have said something..at the start..

Brett is a grown man and should have said something and not let it stew in his gut

But AGAIN ( b4 anyone blasts me)

TED could have and SHOULD have said something as well...

"Trippster" wrote:

That's just it. It was improperly set expectations.

I don't think Brett is mad they didn't actually do any of the things he asked. He has said that a few times.

It was that Ted told him he WOULD talke to Mooch and stuff like that.

Brett merely suggested some ways to improve the team. That is not uncommmon with a Veteran Superstar. Jordan did it, Kobe did it. And even the Cavs have sought out JAmes' opinion before making some moves.

I believe Brett to be honest. I think he believes that Ted was not honest with him. That is hard to overcome. I don't believe it was that Ted didn't actually do what Brett wanted.

"longtimefan" wrote:

no he wasnt mad they didnt do it, mad Ted "lied"

Again I think Ted should have said I will look into but can not make any promises..And ALL THIS probably would not be happening...

Trip.... did you know that Mooch had told Ted he wasn't interested in coaching BEFORE Brett asked Ted to call Mooch?

Mooch brought that point up during a NFL Network show..

"Trippster" wrote:

Then that even makes it a bigger issue. Why didn't Ted simply respond, "Brett, I already talked with Mooch. He's not interested."
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Pack93z
15 years ago
My opinion.. the root cause is lack of effective communication.. direct and indirect.

I think it was telling that they brought in the aid of a former White House member to help the organization out.

Again.. going back to speaking to this issue on the other board... Brett was catered to from the Wolf days all the way through the Sherman experience.. he was in the loop and became accustomed to it. In comes poker player Ted and his introvert nature.. playing his cards close to the chest and not very public.

IMO, that put Brett on the defensive a little.. no more running things past him, no more weekly sit downs with the GM and head coach.. no more catering. And that eventually ate at Brett.. piling on suggestions and ideas that seemed to evaporate into the office air.

Right there you have the beginning of a broken relationship.. changes and lack of communications on why or how things are changing.

You see it everyday in the real world.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
WhiskeySam
15 years ago

My opinion.. the root cause is lack of effective communication.. direct and indirect.

I think it was telling that they brought in the aid of a former White House member to help the organization out.

Again.. going back to speaking to this issue on the other board... Brett was catered to from the Wolf days all the way through the Sherman experience.. he was in the loop and became accustomed to it. In comes poker player Ted and his introvert nature.. playing his cards close to the chest and not very public.

IMO, that put Brett on the defensive a little.. no more running things past him, no more weekly sit downs with the GM and head coach.. no more catering. And that eventually ate at Brett.. piling on suggestions and ideas that seemed to evaporate into the office air.

Right there you have the beginning of a broken relationship.. changes and lack of communications on why or how things are changing.

"pack93z" wrote:

This I agree with. This is the thing that has baffled me about the whole situation. How do you ever get to a point where there is zero effective communication between the front office and its franchise player? Without open and direct communication from both parties, these kinds of rifts occur. This is where I fault both sides.
Nemo me impune lacessit
zombieslayer
15 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

Wow, Pack. I completely agree with you on this one.

I think BF was used to lounging with management, and all of a sudden, this introvert comes along who has limited communication skills and shuts him out.

I'd be pissed if I were BF too. I'm one of those people who want to know what's going on, so I see where he's coming from.

Not saying Ted Thompson is a "bad" guy, but that's a management style I don't particularly like. I hate closed doors.

Whether anyone likes it or not, BF earned the right to be a primadonna, to be catered to. From a purely capitalistic perspective, BF brings $$$. I can't tell you how many times I've traveled the country and seen people wearing a #4. I'm pretty confident that in the past 16 years, #4 is the top selling jersey. If anyone can get a hold of numbers, I'd greatly appreciate it.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
WhiskeySam
15 years ago
I can't find any solid numbers for a long span. Almost everything is on a quarterly basis or shorter. Favre consistently is a top seller though.
Nemo me impune lacessit
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (10h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (13h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (16h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (17h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Around The NFL / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.