Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 6:21:40 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 337
Applause Received: 414

JSOnline wrote:
On Saturday, the running back will be inducted into the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame with offensive tackle Ken Ruettgers.

Happy for Green. It's a pity the guy had to play at the same time as Holmes, Faulk, Alexander etc. While he posted great stats year to year, those guys were the focal point of their offenses and had stats that were just a little better (mostly TDs). The one year he amasses 1883 yards rushing Jamal Lewis rushes for over 2000 so he didn't even win the rushing title that year. I hope he gets into the Hall in Canton because he was certainly just as good as anyone during his prime.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline beast  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:03:32 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 216
Applause Received: 293

Minus the fumbling Green was awesome... and even with Lacy, I still miss the early 2000s OL, FB, RB combo... it was awesome watching them work at times.
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline sschind  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:36:53 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 416

Green just might be my favorite Packer player that I have watched play (its a really tough choice. Top 5 for sure) . I remember hearing good things about him prior to his rookie year and I drafted him as my "who?" pick in the last round of my FF league that year.

I was thrilled when the Packers traded for him. He was the only back I watched week in and week out who gave me the feeling that he could break a long one with just about every single play. There were so many plays that looked like he was just split second too late and I was holding my breath just before an "ooohhh so close" moment.

He is also one of the few players I followed when he left the Packers (both times) I was so happy when he returned and set the Packers rushing record. Nothing against the old timers at all its just that I didn't get to see them play so my nod has to go to the younger guys.

Of course I hope Eddie Lacy shatters Greens numbers and the guy we get 10 years from now (a guy can hope can't he) to replace him goes on to break all his numbers. It still won't make me feel any less toward him though.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline DakotaT  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 17, 2014 7:38:29 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 652
Applause Received: 1,339

For a five year stretch, Ahman Green was the most productive all purpose back in football. He is the Packers all time leading rusher and deserves this honor. Too bad we didn't get another Lombardi in his prime, because we had a great offensive football team.
UserPostedImage