Yerko
15 years ago

I offered to take a friend of mine who is a Bear's fan "Mecca" for the Packer-Bears game. He just couldn't work things out this year. I told him that he has to see a game in GB once in his lifetime.

"pack93z" wrote:

Over the past three seasons.. I have given away 5 sets of tickets that were passed to me from Vendors.. normally to people that need a break from the "real" world.. the stories they tell when they come back from the games is worth more than attending the game myself. None of them had ever been to a game.. and everyone of them say there is nothing like it.

One spry gent thought he had a pace maker installed jokingly.. he said that the atmosphere, excitement and intensity of the crowd could jump start a heart if need be. :lol:

Odd thing though this year.. I haven't gotten a single ticket.. dang gum economy anyway. ;)

"wpr" wrote:

How much do you sell the tickets for or by "give away" do you mean you just give the people the tix? I am telling you, if that is what you mean...you are very generous person and that is a nice thing to do.

Thing is, last year my fiance had bought tix from some site because I desperately wanted to go to a game before Brett was done. She surprised me and bought the tix on her own. Turns out the tix they sold her were handicap tix and well, I am not one to fake something like that. She felt horrible and I felt horrible for her because she tried so hard. Thats my story. It was the thought that counted.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

I offered to take a friend of mine who is a Bear's fan "Mecca" for the Packer-Bears game. He just couldn't work things out this year. I told him that he has to see a game in GB once in his lifetime.

"AKamp74" wrote:

Over the past three seasons.. I have given away 5 sets of tickets that were passed to me from Vendors.. normally to people that need a break from the "real" world.. the stories they tell when they come back from the games is worth more than attending the game myself. None of them had ever been to a game.. and everyone of them say there is nothing like it.

One spry gent thought he had a pace maker installed jokingly.. he said that the atmosphere, excitement and intensity of the crowd could jump start a heart if need be. :lol:

Odd thing though this year.. I haven't gotten a single ticket.. dang gum economy anyway. ;)

"pack93z" wrote:

How much do you sell the tickets for or by "give away" do you mean you just give the people the tix? I am telling you, if that is what you mean...you are very generous person and that is a nice thing to do.

Thing is, last year my fiance had bought tix from some site because I desperately wanted to go to a game before Brett was done. She surprised me and bought the tix on her own. Turns out the tix they sold her were handicap tix and well, I am not one to fake something like that. She felt horrible and I felt horrible for her because she tried so hard. Thats my story. It was the thought that counted.

"wpr" wrote:

The people I gave the tix to were family and close friends. I can not charge them for the tickets. They would have paid for them but I did not ask. I told my friends if they feel the need to pay for the tickets to put the money into the Church offering. They will have paid for the tickets, I did something for someone without being compensated and a Church would have picked up a few bucks. It was a win win win situation.
I went with my son when he took my Dad and later my Father in Law to the game. (I watched the game at a nearby bar.) They paid for our motel room. I wanted my son to have the memories of doing something with them that no one else had. That was easily worth $150 to me. That was a few years back. We knew my Dad had cancer. (He has since passed away.) His other grandfather has since had a heart attack and other health problems and is not able to get out of the house very often nor drive very far. We talk about taking him back to his childhood farm in TN one more time but I gon't think he can take a long trip like that.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have a lot of cash and have thought about selling the tickets for some extra money a few times. But things always work out. There are times when I would sell them at face value if the situation was right. Last year when my Dad was about to pass away I decided not to go to the preseason game. (Good thing, as he died the next morning.) I tried to sell the tickets to a few people and got no takers. Not even at half price.
As Pack93 says it is mainly about seeing their faces and hearing their stories that makes it worthwhile.

My son is shipping out for Afghanistan in a few weeks. It helps all of us to have these kind of memories in order to get thru this next year. My FIL and MIL and my Mother, wife, daughter and other family members think and talk about these things and others like them.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago

"AKamp74" wrote:

"pack93z" wrote:

"wpr" wrote:

I get the tickets from vendors.. call it a perk. I wouldn't feel right about receiving anything for them, so I pass them along. I have been to plenty of games.. I figured share the experience.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
15 years ago

The people I gave the tix to were family and close friends. I can not charge them for the tickets. They would have paid for them but I did not ask. I told my friends if they feel the need to pay for the tickets to put the money into the Church offering. They will have paid for the tickets, I did something for someone without being compensated and a Church would have picked up a few bucks. It was a win win win situation.
I went with my son when he took my Dad and later my Father in Law to the game. (I watched the game at a nearby bar.) They paid for our motel room. I wanted my son to have the memories of doing something with them that no one else had. That was easily worth $150 to me. That was a few years back. We knew my Dad had cancer. (He has since passed away.) His other grandfather has since had a heart attack and other health problems and is not able to get out of the house very often nor drive very far. We talk about taking him back to his childhood farm in TN one more time but I gon't think he can take a long trip like that.
Don't get me wrong, I don't have a lot of cash and have thought about selling the tickets for some extra money a few times. But things always work out. There are times when I would sell them at face value if the situation was right. Last year when my Dad was about to pass away I decided not to go to the preseason game. (Good thing, as he died the next morning.) I tried to sell the tickets to a few people and got no takers. Not even at half price.
As Pack93 says it is mainly about seeing their faces and hearing their stories that makes it worthwhile.

My son is shipping out for Afghanistan in a few weeks. It helps all of us to have these kind of memories in order to get thru this next year. My FIL and MIL and my Mother, wife, daughter and other family members think and talk about these things and others like them.

"wpr" wrote:

Very cool wpr.. extent thanks and my prayers along to your son and family during his journey. God bless.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
4PackGirl
15 years ago
wpr - isn't this your sons 2nd tour over there? my goodness - your entire family will be added once again to my nightly prayer list. in fact, i'll add y'all to my prayer list at church. 🙂
Yerko
15 years ago
You guys are some great people to enjoy the excitement of other more than your own. That is a gift not many have. As for your son shipping off to Afghan...God Bless him and your family, he will be in my prayers. My uncle as well is off to Afghan this week I believe. They just came into Chicago from Kentucky so he could say his last goodbye.
My brother was also possibly going to Afghan in a couple months, however...he is in SOI training right now and he was just selected to go to Washington DC for the Silent Drill Team, an honorary position in the Marines.

You guys are great people all around. Makes it that much better to talk to you all about Packers football.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

wpr - isn't this your sons 2nd tour over there? my goodness - your entire family will be added once again to my nightly prayer list. in fact, i'll add y'all to my prayer list at church. :)

"4PackGirl" wrote:

Thanks 4 PG. This is his 1st. He has been training for the part of the year. National Guard unit so they have been doing this a little at a time. July was 3 weeks in Arkansas. The end of August they went active duty and were sent to Ft Riley Kansas for more intensive training and to learn one of the Afghan dialects. Minor things like "Stop", "Drop it", "I said stay down." And other cute little phrases like that.

Cultural awareness seminars for things that are good to know. Don't kick a door down, enter a house and then take the veil off a married woman. If there is a wedding and everyone is shooting their guns into the air that is a celebration not an attack on you and your men.

Our whole year has been rather focused on what was coming. On the old web site I mentioned that we had his Christmas dinner just before he left in August so he wouldn't feel left out. I took him to a couple of baseball games. Just the two of us.
When he does ship out I thought I would post a note in the General Discussion area. (More for my therapy than anything.)
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

You guys are some great people to enjoy the excitement of other more than your own. That is a gift not many have. As for your son shipping off to Afghan...God Bless him and your family, he will be in my prayers. My uncle as well is off to Afghan this week I believe. They just came into Chicago from Kentucky so he could say his last goodbye.
My brother was also possibly going to Afghan in a couple months, however...he is in SOI training right now and he was just selected to go to Washington DC for the Silent Drill Team, an honorary position in the Marines.

You guys are great people all around. Makes it that much better to talk to you all about Packers football.

"AKamp74" wrote:

thanks AK and Pack93 and the rest of the members who have given me your support in the past. I do appreciate ya all. My wife has her Army Mothers/Wives support group and I have Packer fans. Sweet deal.

SOI! Symphony Orchestra Institute.  Awesome.
Actually I know it is School of Infantry for the Marines. Tough outfit. All my best to your Uncle and Brother. I hope he gets selected for the Silent Drill Team. That is quite an honor. They just don't give out assignments like that. It has to be earned.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
15 years ago

"wpr" wrote:

thanks AK and Pack93 and the rest of the members who have given me your support in the past. I do appreciate ya all. My wife has her Army Mothers/Wives support group and I have Packer fans. Sweet deal.

SOI! Symphony Orchestra Institute.  Awesome.
Actually I know it is School of Infantry for the Marines. Tough outfit. All my best to your Uncle and Brother. I hope he gets selected for the Silent Drill Team. That is quite an honor. They just don't give out assignments like that. It has to be earned.

"AKamp74" wrote:

No prob at all wpr. Yeah...my brother is almost done with his infantry training then he goes to DC and I don't really know what they do from there out. All I know is the cut went from 130 to 60 to 24 and he made the 24 to at least travel to DC. Tough kid and its hard to know he is there because I am the oldest(23). He is only 18.

I'll be looking for your posts in the General section when the time comes. And again, he and your fam are in my prayers!
UserPostedImage
IronMan
  • IronMan
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
I just flew right over Lambeau Field on the way into GB. It sure looks good from up there. :thumbright:
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
31m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.