Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline play2win  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 4, 2014 8:19:09 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

FYI Zero2Cool, editing features with this new setup are nearly impossible to use with an iPad or iPhone. super difficult. Trying to place the curser within text sometimes clears the entire screen. just thought you would want to know. Also, capital letters do not automatically start a new sentence after a period.
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 4, 2014 8:30:08 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
FYI Zero2Cool, editing features with this new setup are nearly impossible to use with an iPad or iPhone. super difficult. Trying to place the curser within text sometimes clears the entire screen. just thought you would want to know. Also, capital letters do not automatically start a new sentence after a period.


I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, but always create a topic or add a post to an existing thread. I don't read all these posts. I just happen to catch this one lol.

This new CodeMirror editor is garbage, but that is the YAF software that switched to it. I can't change that, but the lead dev is trying to make it gooder. We don't even have SPELL CHECK for crying out loud!!

BTW editing works great on my Samsung Galaxy S4 ;-)
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2014 7:49:09 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, but always create a topic or add a post to an existing thread. I don't read all these posts. I just happen to catch this one lol.

This new CodeMirror editor is garbage, but that is the YAF software that switched to it. I can't change that, but the lead dev is trying to make it gooder. We don't even have SPELL CHECK for crying out loud!!

BTW editing works great on my Samsung Galaxy S4 ;-)


I am unable to simply place a curser within the quote feature to paste copy into a post with an iPad or iPhone. I am unable to place a curser within copy I have typed in to change a character or word. This is super frustrating. I cannot correct misspelled words, there are no spellcheck features that normally worked previously that function now. I know you put a lot of work into this, but the product is really, really suffering. Badly. It is too bad too, because I feel this is a pretty good forum in general. Now, it is nearly impossible to contribute without looking like a complete douche... one who cannot spell, knows nothing about sentence structure and punctuation, and one who is unable to back up their arguments with quoted text. Not good.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 7/8/2014(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2014 8:09:02 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
I am unable to simply place a curser within the quote feature to paste copy into a post with an iPad or iPhone. I am unable to place a curser within copy I have typed in to change a character or word. This is super frustrating. I cannot correct misspelled words, there are no spellcheck features that normally worked previously that function now. I know you put a lot of work into this, but the product is really, really suffering. Badly. It is too bad too, because I feel this is a pretty good forum in general. Now, it is nearly impossible to contribute without looking like a complete douche... one who cannot spell, knows nothing about sentence structure and punctuation, and one who is unable to back up their arguments with quoted text. Not good.


The lack of spell check is very annoying and frustrating. I have no issues editing with my Nexus 7 or my Galaxy S4 so I can't share in your frustration on that aspect.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2014 10:38:00 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
I am unable to simply place a curser within the quote feature to paste copy into a post with an iPad or iPhone. I am unable to place a curser within copy I have typed in to change a character or word. This is super frustrating. I cannot correct misspelled words, there are no spellcheck features that normally worked previously that function now. I know you put a lot of work into this, but the product is really, really suffering. Badly. It is too bad too, because I feel this is a pretty good forum in general. Now, it is nearly impossible to contribute without looking like a complete douche... one who cannot spell, knows nothing about sentence structure and punctuation, and one who is unable to back up their arguments with quoted text. Not good.


I am a horrible speller too. I copy and paste to a word doc to double check.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline play2win  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2014 12:49:11 PM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

majority of my posting is done from my phone or iPad, unless accessing from my business. All of it Apple. Since the switch, it has been incredibly difficult. No copying and pasting quotes, stats, articles or links for me. Impossible. No editing either, as i am completely unable to place a curser. Hell, i'm typing this now, unable to see what i am typing, just hoping it is ok...

just wanted to make yoou aware of this with the change.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2014 1:01:32 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
majority of my posting is done from my phone or iPad, unless accessing from my business. All of it Apple. Since the switch, it has been incredibly difficult. No copying and pasting quotes, stats, articles or links for me. Impossible. No editing either, as i am completely unable to place a curser. Hell, i'm typing this now, unable to see what i am typing, just hoping it is ok...

just wanted to make yoou aware of this with the change.


I don't know why you can't see your cursor. I just changed the background to a different shade so maybe you can now see your cursor?

Also, what happened when you used Chrome for the site because I did make that suggestion and I don't see your response. ;-)
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2014 2:32:25 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,844
Applause Received: 1,370

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
majority of my posting is done from my phone or iPad, unless accessing from my business. All of it Apple. Since the switch, it has been incredibly difficult. No copying and pasting quotes, stats, articles or links for me. Impossible. No editing either, as i am completely unable to place a curser. Hell, i'm typing this now, unable to see what i am typing, just hoping it is ok...

just wanted to make yoou aware of this with the change.


I guess that means you need a real computer. ;)
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 7/8/2014(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 8, 2014 8:29:59 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Play2Win, can you do a force refresh and see if you can see things better now?

Spell Check isn't coming back anytime soon. I have to figure out a solution for that, but the cursor thing should be fine.
UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 9, 2014 7:00:47 AM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 412

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Now, it is nearly impossible to contribute without looking like a complete douche


You are worried about that now?Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 7/9/2014(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#11 Posted : Saturday, July 12, 2014 7:17:44 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,870
Applause Received: 2,048

Alright, I think the spellcheck is working once again.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Recent Topics
41m / Green Bay Packers Talk / yooperfan

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / blueleopard

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DarkaneRules

23h / Random Babble / nyrpack

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nyrpack

23h / Around The NFL / nyrpack

23h / Around The NFL / nyrpack

23h / Around The NFL / nyrpack

23h / Around The NFL / nyrpack

1-Sep / Green Bay Packers Talk / StarrMax1

1-Sep / Random Babble / dfosterf

30-Aug / Green Bay Packers Talk / Gaycandybacon


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.