Dexter_Sinister
9 years ago

When I saw you replied, I was certain you were going to insist that you weren't saying Boykin and Jeffery were comparable WR's. I was wrong.

2nd EDIT: It was nice to see you removed "toolbag" from your post. It relegated you to territory I'm sure you don't want to be in.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

I didn't say they were comparable WRs. I said they had simialr production per target. So yes, you were wrong. Twice.

I didn't remove it and I didn't call you a toolbag.

I said the move was a real tool bag kind of move.

There is a difference.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Dexter_Sinister
9 years ago

Why is Jeffreys such a fantastic receiver? He can catch a jump ball, but is his route running superior to Boykins?

I would give bucket head Marshall the nod on being better than Jordy though. Marshall is just flat out gifted, whereas Jordy worked his ass off to be the receiver he is. Love that other players in the league nicknamed Nelson "white chocolate", pretty good praise from his piers.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Marshall drops the ball a lot. Like Jimmy Graham lot. He also takes an awful lot of targets to keep up with Jordy.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Still making up argument for people, aren't you.

You just can't help yourself.

There is proably a 12 step program for that.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

No, I really can't. Not with this. You make the case that Jeffery and Boykin are similar WR's. I find that laughable and you continue on going further into stats from in depth NFL stat sites. You get a convert in p2w who all of a sudden now thinks Boykin is as good as Jeffery and since he thinks Jeffery is pretty good, Boykin will now overtake Jordy Nelson or Randall Cobb...based off ONE stat from one of those sites. ONE.

You know I found that delicious and irresisitible. I comment. I'm pretty sure that you're going to realize how insane it was to make the suggestion and you pull out more stats to back it up.

At this point, I feel prompted to show you how silly your argument is by using your argument to show you. I did just that and I'm fraudulent and a tool bag. However, you're neither for making up a fraudulent argument (your words) for doing exactly the same thing. Packer good...Bear bad. It just has to be for you, I guess.

Give me Jeffery! You can keep Boykin and you would be fine with that since there's no difference.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Dexter_Sinister
9 years ago

No, I really can't. Not with this. You make the case that Jeffery and Boykin are similar WR's.

That is a load of crap.

I said they were similar in produciton.

YOU compared them physically.

Made up argument.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Calling Boykins year a decent year and Jefferey's year fantastic is a perfect example what I meant.

After Cobb went down, Boykin really stepped up. His per target stats were as good as Jeffery's. After the Baltimore game, he was actually better. He had more catches per target, fewer fumbles and fewer drops.

You can say Jeffery is a better WR because he gets targeted more, but I think that is like saying Brees is a better QB than Rodgers just because he throws it 650 times a year.

What am I to infer from this? If Boykin only got the opportunities Jeffery gets he'd be thought of as good as Jeffery? It's just a matter of targets? You do realize that targets are often a function of a guy actually getting open, right? We could infer from the stat you clearly used to indicate their sameness that Jeffery gets the ball more because he gets open more. I'm sure I'm making a tool bagish fraudulent argument but I'm not the one making ludicrous statements.

EDIT: BTW, I don't think Brees is better than Rodgers and I don't care how many times Brees throws it, and Aaron doesn't. Same with Boykin vs. Jeffery... Donald Brown vs. Adrian Peterson and as running QB's go, Andrew Luck vs. Colin Kaepernick.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Dexter_Sinister
9 years ago

You get a convert in p2w who all of a sudden now thinks Boykin is as good as Jeffery and since he thinks Jeffery is pretty good, Boykin will now overtake Jordy Nelson or Randall Cobb...based off ONE stat from one of those sites. ONE.

This is also a load of crap.

Not one stat.

Drop rate
TD rate
Fumble rate
Yards per
Catch rate.
sschind
9 years ago

Marshall drops the ball a lot. Like Jimmy Graham lot. He also takes an awful lot of targets to keep up with Jordy.

Do you know why people don't really give a shit when players like Marshall and Graham and Megatron and a few others drop the ball. Because they make some catches that the vast majority of other guys can't make. They are that good so a few drops don't really matter.

Drops are one of those stats that fans of opposing teams like to use to make it sound like they wouldn't give their left nut and their top reciever to have that player on their team. You can't have him so you dig up some stat that nobody really cares about and use it as a reason why you wouldn't want him.

Don't get me wrong, I love Nelson and I am glad he is a Packer. He makes some incredible catches but they are not catches that NO ONE ELSE could make. Lots of great recievers make catches just like that and even some fairly mediocre receivers make some catches like that on occasion. I also think that even after he signs his new deal we will be getting one of the best bargains in the league (rookie contracts excepted of course)

It kind of reminds me of when you would hear an announcer say "Only Brett Favre could make that throw" No, many QBs COULD make that throw...Only Brett Favre WOULD make that throw.

It seems that "per target" has become the stat qualifier de jour.

Dexter_Sinister
9 years ago

What am I to infer from this? If Boykin only got the opportunities Jeffery gets he'd be thought of as good as Jeffery? It's just a matter of targets? You do realize that targets are often a function of a guy actually getting open, right? We could infer from the stat you clearly used to indicate their sameness that Jeffery gets the ball more because he gets open more. I'm sure I'm making a tool bagish fraudulent argument but I'm not the one making ludicrous statements.

EDIT: BTW, I don't think Brees is better than Rodgers and I don't care how many times Brees throws it, and Aaron doesn't. Same with Boykin vs. Jeffery... Donald Brown vs. Adrian Peterson and as running QB's go, Andrew Luck vs. Colin Kaepernick.

Doing someting average the most times makes them better than someone who does it the best ever fewer times?

Brilliant. That would make Vinny Testaverde a top 10 all time QB and Bo Jackson one of the worst RBs ever.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

This is also a load of crap.

Not one stat.

Drop rate
TD rate
Fumble rate
Yards per
Catch rate.

Actually, we were both wrong... I was much closer..

play2win Offline Posted: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 7:05:58 PM

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister Go to Quoted Post
Per target, Boykin's production is remarkably similar to Jeffery's. Minus Alshon's 3 fumbles of course. Which would cause me to drop him just below. Also considering Jarrett had to catch passes from 4 different QBs.

After his shaky start going 1 for 6 against Baltimore, Boykin was pretty good. Catching over 62% of his targets.

For the second half of the year, Boykin was as good as Jeffery, only he didn't fumble the ball as much.

I had no idea Dex! Cool!

I'm not down on Boykin at all. He could easily hold firm as our #3, or move up. I firmly believe this.

---So I apologize, at the time you converted p2w to thinking Boykin might beat out RC18 or Jordy it was TWO stats...the one I stated and FUMBLES.

UserPostedImage

uffda udfa
9 years ago

Doing someting average the most times makes them better than someone who does it the best ever fewer times?

Brilliant. That would make Vinny Testaverde a top 10 all time QB and Bo Jackson one of the worst RBs ever.

No, I hope you're purposely doing this or I have grave concerns about your well being. It is YOU who is saying this kind of thing. You conveniently and I hope purposely left out the highlighted statement you made about why Jeffery is considered better than Boykin. It's just his lack of opportunities, right?

Tell me... Who is better? In Dexter Sinister's opinion who is the better WR...Boykin or Jeffery and how big is the gap between the two?

UserPostedImage