uffda udfa
9 years ago

"Jimmy Graham is going to want a heckuva lot MORE than 5 million. This shows how little attention has been paid to this topic but we've already been down that road. Graham is upset because the arbitrator ruled he's a TE which drops his one year compensation from 12.3 million (which is WR tag price) to 7 million which is the TE tag price. He is upset about 7 million, and hasn't signed an extension that would pay him 9.5 million so I don't know why you ranged him from 5-10...he's pissed at 7, so far has rejected 9.5, so he ain't taking 5. He would likely command the 12 and possibly more as a FA but before you rush to respond to that figure...he isn't in that position.

This is coming to a head. The 15th is almost upon us and he hasn't been extended which is the deadline if tag stays on which it should to New Orleans benefit."

I was actually trying to throw you a bone on this one, lowering the amount, to 5- 10 mil 😆 but you just strengthened the argument of why TED will never do the deal.

Thanks

JIMMY GRAHAM IS NOT WORTH 2 1ST RND PICKS AND 10+MIL A YEAR to The Green Bay Packers.

No stat, article, or "talking head" comment will change that fact.

Please tell me that you will drop this futile argument after July 15th. It really has ran it's course and is not funny anymore.

Originally Posted by: StarrMax1 

I knew you'd like that and use it. You can NEVER say that Jimmy isn't worth that unless he gets here under those circumstances and proves that he wasn't.

Yes, as soon as he's extended which is up in the air but I think will happen this is over...

BTW, Boykin has no "S" nor does "Jeffery".

This notion that Boykin is Jeffery's equal based on one stat that NFL.com doesn't use is ludicrious. Further proof that Green and Gold glasses doesn't just skew reality but put people in a different dimension.

Chicago has a better 1-2 punch than we do. Detroit might when one is Megatron...and Minnesota has our former #1 and Corrdarrelle Patterson who I'm not so sure will be a great WR but if he gets it may place us at bottom of division when it comes to 1-2 punch. Still, we have Packers fans convinced we're just loaded with stud pass catching options.

If Bridgewater can play as a rookie and is actually good our offense could be the 4th best in the division. We NEED Jimmy Graham.

UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

uffda udfa
9 years ago
I want to comment on this yards per target stat that is now the gold standard for some in determining who is a better WR.

Before you click this...I want you to answer who the best running QB's in the league are... put the Top 3 in your mind and then click the link. I'd go with RGIII, Pryor and our nemesis Colin Kaepernick. If Dexter Sinister was to build a case those wouldn't be the Top 3 in the NFL. It must be that the running skills of those 3 are overrated and the running skills of the guy who checks in at #2 are underrated which means unquestionably that the guy #2 on the list is as good as RGIII and Kaepernick. Case closed.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/rush-yards-per-attempt/2013/ 

EDIT: If we want to talk RB's, Indy's Donald Brown is BETTER than Adrian Peterson! It isn't even close. AD is so overrated and Donald Brown underrated. Pretty much the same player...Brown just doesn't get the opportunities AD gets.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb 
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

StarrMax1
9 years ago

I knew you'd like that and use it. You can NEVER say that Jimmy isn't worth that unless he gets here under those circumstances and proves that he wasn't.

Yes, as soon as he's extended which is up in the air but I think will happen this is over...

BTW, Boykin has no "S" nor does "Jeffery".

This notion that Boykin is Jeffery's equal based on one stat that NFL.com doesn't use is ludicrious. Further proof that Green and Gold glasses doesn't just skew reality but put people in a different dimension.

Chicago has a better 1-2 punch than we do. Detroit might when one is Megatron...and Minnesota has our former #1 and Corrdarrelle Patterson who I'm not so sure will be a great WR but if he gets it may place us at bottom of division when it comes to 1-2 punch. Still, we have Packers fans convinced we're just loaded with stud pass catching options.

If Bridgewater can play as a rookie and is actually good our offense could be the 4th best in the division. We NEED Jimmy Graham.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Every year The bears, The Lions and yes even The Vikings are said to be better then The Packers, because of FA'pick ups or players drafted.

Until those teams prove The Packers wrong on the field, stop with the WE NEED JIMMY GRAHAM!!!!!

Your statements are getting more ludicrous by the post.

You are the only one who thinks that, think about that, of everyone who has posted, you are the only one who says THE PACKERS NEED JIMMY GRAHAM.

Are you really that full of yourself to think that you are far superior then anyone else who posts on this forum when it comes to what The Packers needs are?

C'mon July 15th!!!!!!!
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Every year The bears, The Lions and yes even The Vikings are said to be better then The Packers, because of FA'pick ups or players drafted.

Until those teams prove The Packers wrong on the field, stop with the WE NEED JIMMY GRAHAM!!!!!

Your statements are getting more ludicrous by the post.

You are the only one who thinks that, think about that, of everyone who has posted, you are the only one who says THE PACKERS NEED JIMMY GRAHAM.

Are you really that full of yourself to think that you are far superior then anyone else who posts on this forum when it comes to what The Packers needs are?

C'mon July 15th!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by: StarrMax1 

I refer you to post #41. You don't get tired of being wrong... I will give you that. #24 and #37 are of note as well. I know how you like to be informed so I'm sure you'll handle up on that.

Full of myself? Hardly. As to the 2nd part, maybe, I don't know. If you do your research, you'll see I'm not alone and even if EVERYONE on this forum was against it doesn't mean diddly to me. There are MULTIPLE reputable NFL observers which none of us here are that are on my side of this thing...and even still, if they weren't...I'd still believe it based on our need and poor percentage of hitting on anyone close to Jimmy with our own 1st rounder.

UserPostedImage

DakotaT
9 years ago
Uffda argues a lot like Texaspackerbacker - maybe the boys from Texas are just stubborn to their own demise.
UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
9 years ago

Per target production? Okay.

Compare their stat lines. Not close.

Jeffery 2" taller and alot faster than Boykin. The two are not comparable and I'm not insinuating you said anything but Boykin was similar in a stat you won't find at NFL.com like drop %. However, to suggest that Jeffery is overrated and Boykin underrated as if that is to mean they're similar players that is dead wrong.

A.

Jeffery is about an inch taller and his speed is overstated. He didn't run at the combine, just his pro day. You are probably comparing Jeffery's pro day speed with Boykin's combine speed. Jeffery was probably about .09 sec faster in the 40, identical in the 20 and Boykin killed Jeffery in the 3 cone. But that was when Jeffery only weighed 216 lbs. He looks a lot heavier and slower now.

And you are correct, I wasn't comparing them physically. Because that would be pointless.

I was just comparing them per target.
Jeffery had a 3.4% drop rate. Boykin had a 2.4% drop rate. So per target, Boykin has fewer drops.
Jeffery also fumbled 3 times and Boykin 0. So Jeffery fumbled 2% of the time and Boykin 0.0%.
Jeffery caught 59% of his targets, Boykin also caught 59% of his targets.
Jeffery had 16 yards a catch and Boykin had 14.
Jeffery had 4.7% TDs per and Boykin had 3.6%.

1% more TDs and 2% more fumbles.
2 more yards per catch and 1% more drops.
Identical catch %.
I would say it is pretty close per target.

NFL.com isn't the only place for stats. In fact, their WR stats are kind of weak. If you want to be accurately informed, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

Throw in Wallace, Tolzien and Flynn as Boykins QBs for most of his games. I would say at worst it is a push. Maybe slight edge to Boykin for not turning the ball over.

Not that I want anyone outside the Packers' staff to know that. It is nice to have players underrated, while the opponents get overrated.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Dexter_Sinister
9 years ago

I want to comment on this yards per target stat that is now the gold standard for some in determining who is a better WR.

Before you click this...I want you to answer who the best running QB's in the league are... put the Top 3 in your mind and then click the link. I'd go with RGIII, Pryor and our nemesis Colin Kaepernick. If Dexter Sinister was to build a case those wouldn't be the Top 3 in the NFL. It must be that the running skills of those 3 are overrated and the running skills of the guy who checks in at #2 are underrated which means unquestionably that the guy #2 on the list is as good as RGIII and Kaepernick. Case closed.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/rush-yards-per-attempt/2013/ 

EDIT: If we want to talk RB's, Indy's Donald Brown is BETTER than Adrian Peterson! It isn't even close. AD is so overrated and Donald Brown underrated. Pretty much the same player...Brown just doesn't get the opportunities AD gets.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb 

It is a real tool bag move to make up fraudulent arguments for people so you can rip on things they didn't say.

That is just childish. Case closed.
uffda udfa
9 years ago

Jeffery is about an inch taller and his speed is overstated. He didn't run at the combine, just his pro day. You are probably comparing Jeffery's pro day speed with Boykin's combine speed. Jeffery was probably about .09 sec faster in the 40, identical in the 20 and Boykin killed Jeffery in the 3 cone. But that was when Jeffery only weighed 216 lbs. He looks a lot heavier and slower now.

And you are correct, I wasn't comparing them physically. Because that would be pointless.

I was just comparing them per target.
Jeffery had a 3.4% drop rate. Boykin had a 2.4% drop rate. So per target, Boykin has fewer drops.
Jeffery also fumbled 3 times and Boykin 0. So Jeffery fumbled 2% of the time and Boykin 0.0%.
Jeffery caught 59% of his targets, Boykin also caught 59% of his targets.
Jeffery had 16 yards a catch and Boykin had 14.
Jeffery had 4.7% TDs per and Boykin had 3.6%.

1% more TDs and 2% more fumbles.
2 more yards per catch and 1% more drops.
Identical catch %.
I would say it is pretty close per target.

NFL.com isn't the only place for stats. In fact, their WR stats are kind of weak. If you want to be accurately informed, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

Throw in Wallace, Tolzien and Flynn as Boykins QBs for most of his games. I would say at worst it is a push. Maybe slight edge to Boykin for not turning the ball over.

Not that I want anyone outside the Packers' staff to know that. It is nice to have players underrated, while the opponents get overrated.

Originally Posted by: Dexter_Sinister 

I'm aware of profootball focus ... cold hard football facts, and several other sites that go incredibly deep into statistics.

When I saw you replied, I was certain you were going to insist that you weren't saying Boykin and Jeffery were comparable WR's. I was wrong.

I do have to ask, is Donald Brown better than AD? Is Andrew Luck a better running QB than Colin Kaepernick? You could take a stat and say yes but I'd like to know what you think because that is what you've done here with this.

EDIT: I saw you did get around to addressing the issue above this post... I did exacty what you did...took some stats from one of those non-NFL in depth statistical sites and asked you some simple questions. You appear off your rocker based on what I posted because everyone knows Donald Brown is not a better RB than Adrian Peterson. He's leagues below AD but there are those stats from an in depth site that make the case they're not even on par with each other. Brown is way better. The same applies to Andrew Luck vs. Kapernick and RGIII... You post stats and that is your justification then I want you to refute that Donald Brown is not better than AD based on the stats shown to you. The argument you made for Boykin vs. Jeffery is as silly as the ones you failed to address and then resorted to name calling.

BTW, Dakota I'm not from Texas...spent many more years in Wisconsin. I will never be what Texas is to you.

2nd EDIT: It was nice to see you removed "tool bag" from your post. It relegated you to territory I'm sure you don't want to be in. Oh, wait...you didn't. If Boykin was a Bear and Jeffery a Packer it would be pure gold to see you go on about how much better Jeffery was than Boykin. Packer good...Bear bad.
UserPostedImage

sschind
9 years ago

Who is Jefferey? As for taking him over Jarrett Boykin, it depends on the other weapons and the cost and what the acquisition would impact other positions financially.

If this is Alshon Jeffery, I would have to choose Boykin with the assumption BOTH Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson remain with the Packers. It doesn't make sense to deposit all those financial resources into one position. You only have one ball to play with.

If I were a team like say the Raiders, I would take Jeffery instantly over Boykin.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

He would be Jeffrey if would get the damn spell check fixed.

You could take JEFFREY and let Nelson or Cobb walk and still have a better pair than you have right now. Even if you kept all three I'd rather three top 15 or 20 WRs than two top 15 or 20 and another who might crack the top 50, if you were very generous with your rankings, even if it means an extra 5 or 6 million bucks

As for taking Boykin over Jeffrey I guess that makes you and his momma, and his momma is still thinking about it.
Dexter_Sinister
9 years ago

I'm aware of profootball focus ... cold hard football facts, and several other sites that go incredibly deep into statistics.

When I saw you replied, I was certain you were going to insist that you weren't saying Boykin and Jeffery were comparable WR's. I was wrong.

I do have to ask, is Donald Brown better than AD? Is Andrew Luck a better running QB than Colin Kaepernick? You could take a stat and say yes but I'd like to know what you think because that is what you've done here with this.

EDIT: I saw you did get around to addressing the issue above this post... I did exacty what you did...took some stats from one of those non-NFL in depth statistical sites and ask you some simple questions. You appear off your rocker based on what I posted because everyone knows Donald Brown is not a better RB than Adrian Peterson. He's leagues below AD but there are those stats from an in depth site that make the case they're not even on par with each other. Brown is way better. The same applies to Andrew Luck vs. Kapernick and RGII... You post stats and that is your justification then I want you to refute that Donald Brown is not better than AD based on the stats shown to you. The argument you made for Boykin vs. Jeffery is as silly as the ones you failed to address and then resorted to name calling.

BTW, Dakota I'm not from Texas...spent many more years in Wisconsin. I will never be what Texas is to you.

Still making up argument for people, aren't you.

You just can't help yourself.

There is proably a 12 step program for that.