buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

Saints probably felt his medical was going to be an issue going forward. Nobody deals away a gamechanger like that unless there's something up.

Who else do they have on O? Methuselah Colston and Mark Ingram? Oh, and the kid, Brandin Cooks? Seems awful strange to me that they unloaded him. He's gotta be tainted meat.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

And if it was up to you he would have been The Packers tainted meat.

I sure am glad Ted Thompson didn't know what he was doing last year when he passed on signing him.
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
uffda udfa
9 years ago

And if it was up to you he would have been The Packers tainted meat.

I sure am glad Ted Thompson didn't know what he was doing last year when he passed on signing him.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

He didn't become tainted meat until this past season with the shoulder injury.

Well, Seattle is better than us and they made the move. We shall see what happens with it.

Ain't a Packers fan alive who wouldn't be jumping through their living room had WE been the team that signed Graham.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Remember this from the Seahawks DL from a year or two ago about Graham?

Because he’s overrated. If he doesn’t get a chance to get the ball, that’s all he can really do — he doesn’t help in the blocking game — so I think he’s overrated and I’m not scared to say that on TV.

Michael Bennet wrote:

Unless the Seahawks change their style of offense, I think this trade was more flash than substance.
UserPostedImage
musccy
9 years ago

Remember this from the Seahawks DL from a year or two ago about Graham?

Unless the Seahawks change their style of offense, I think this trade was more flash than substance.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Agreed...maybe I'm biased by wishful thinking that this will fail, but as I said above you're adding a guy with a reputation for not blocking to a running team that you just depleted their O-Line already to obtain this non-blocker.

He can be a hell of an offensive weapon, so maybe they just use him in the redzone and all I just said is moot. Additionally, to Uffda's point above, why are the Saints trading him? Do they know something the 'Hawks and the rest of us know. I know cap room is a part of this, and if whispers of Brees being traded are true, this will confirm that...but all of this still has an odd aura to it at the moment.

DoddPower
9 years ago
I'm not disappointed that the Packers didn't make this move. At all. I wasn't back then, and I'm not now.
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

He didn't become tainted meat until this past season with the shoulder injury.

Well, Seattle is better than us and they made the move. We shall see what happens with it.

Ain't a Packers fan alive who wouldn't be jumping through their living room had WE been the team that signed Graham.

😄😄😄😄😄

Now you have become dillussional!

Have you ALREADY forgotten the terms?
2 1st RND picks and 40 mil for 4 years.

Which of course would have meant No HHDC, NO PEPPERS, NO JORDY, should I GO on.
Didn't. He play hurt most of last season? I know he missed at least 3 games could have been 5.

Damn toy are entertaining!

uffda udfa
9 years ago

😄😄😄😄😄

Now you have become dillussional!

Have you ALREADY forgotten the terms?
2 1st RND picks and 40 mil for 4 years.

Which of course would have meant No HHDC, NO PEPPERS, NO JORDY, should I GO on.
Didn't. He play hurt most of last season? I know he missed at least 3 games could have been 5.

Damn toy are entertaining!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

No...I haven't forgotten the terms. Not at all.

My point was and is and will remain that he wasn't tainted meat until last year which would not have been prior to our dealing for him. The Saints medical may feel he's never going to be right and wanted to move on for that reason. Seattle may have a more liberal training staff that were willing to assume the risk or may not even have felt he was a risk at all.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

buckeyepackfan
9 years ago

No...I haven't forgotten the terms. Not at all.

My point was and is and will remain that he wasn't tainted meat until last year which would not have been prior to our dealing for him. The Saints medical may feel he's never going to be right and wanted to move on for that reason. Seattle may have a more liberal training staff that were willing to assume the risk or may not even have felt he was a risk at all.

You made no point.
You NEVER make a point.

The only point being made is Ted Thompson making you look foolish with every move he makes or in this case, didn't make.

Carry on

You must respond.

uffda udfa
9 years ago

Kenny Stills will be their leading receiver this year.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

Shockingly, they have sent Kenny Stills to Miami for a LB who was set to be cut by the Dolphins. So, it won't be Kenny Stills leading the Saints. Bizarre goings on down in New Orleans.

UserPostedImage

Porforis
9 years ago

Nobody on the list of guys I posted are irreplaceable. Tramon is the big fish and the toughest call. I wouldn't have much issue with seeing the rest of that list gone. BTW, I never said cut them all...I said we could cut some salary cap by cutting one, or some combo.

Also, none of that is even necessary to bringing Graham into the fold... it's just a picture of the way we can finagle the cap to accommodate certain moves like Randall, Jordy and potentially the longshot of Jimmy Graham wearing the "G".

Signing Peppers was a sign of what? Going for it for THIS year. Peppers is not going to be around for very long...we all know that. He was signed during Aaron's prime window for another ring. If we're going all in this season which Peppers signing is a reflection of why stop there IF it's possible to get Jimmy here.

Unlike most, I see his potential addition as a major need not a luxury. I ripped our TE group days ago before the story broke that Graham's franchise number was going to be 5.3 million less than he was hoping for. Now, discontent really comes into play on Graham's part and the Saints don't have anywhere the flexibility we do. Perhaps, they start ditching cap to keep him real soon.

Getting Graham would be TT's close equivalent of Wolf bringing Reggie to Green Bay. Ted Thompson learned under Wolf. He's yet to make a huge signature move as to an addition of superstar status. Woodson was thought to be near his end when we scooped him and Peppers even further near his end. Ted Thompson has not brought a superstar in his prime to Green Bay in his tenure. Ted Thompson can and will surprise you...I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

The thing is, bringing in a single superstar isn't always the best way to bring in championships. There weren't massive changes to the offense between last year and 2013, yet the red zone offense nosedived. Why can't it improve again without massive changes?

Two first rounders are worth roughly 3.5 second rounders to Ted. Our offense can always use more weapons but what's preventing us from going over the top is execution/coaching (which we hopefully improved in the offseason), red zone offense (which you would ASSUME would get a lot better with Jimmy, but no guarantees), and now that we lost one and possibly two corners, our pass defense. When our run defense was already fairly bad.

This team needs more on defense than they need on offense. Ted took care of the big issues on offense, and I can't see us sacrificing a bunch in the short to medium term to bring in a TE, even Sir Jimmy.