Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline dfosterf  
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 7:59:15 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 181
Applause Received: 404

We can help you now. You just need to ease back, and let us help you. I don't leave anyone on the field, I promise. This is all going to be good....

Edited by user Thursday, July 10, 2014 8:21:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline DakotaT  
#17 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 8:22:08 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 650
Applause Received: 1,338

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
We can help you now. You just need to ease back, and let us help you. I don't leave anyone on the field, I promise.


Funny, all this time, I've been trying to help you guys save your ugly souls! Go get your country back, Gunny. I'm pretty good here in my ivory tower.
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#18 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 8:25:41 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 181
Applause Received: 404

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Funny, all this time, I've been trying to help you guys save your ugly souls! Go get your country back, Gunny. I'm pretty good here in my ivory tower.


I don't want you falling down any slippery slope... Are you sure you are O.K.?
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline DakotaT  
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 8:43:18 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 650
Applause Received: 1,338

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
I don't want you falling down any slippery slope... Are you sure you are O.K.?


I think your time would be better spent getting your country back. When you do regress us back to the 50's, please reinstate the top income tax rates to those times so the rich f*cks you've slurped over all your life go back to paying their fair share. Can you handle that?
UserPostedImage
Offline dfosterf  
#20 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 8:50:20 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

Rank: All Pro

United States
Joined: 8/19/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 181
Applause Received: 404

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I think your time would be better spent getting your country back. When you do regress us back to the 50's, please reinstate the top income tax rates to those times so the rich f*cks you've slurped over all your life go back to paying their fair share. Can you handle that?


It's all good. You just hang on a little while in order that we get all the support systems in place, all for you.
UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.



Offline DakotaT  
#21 Posted : Thursday, July 10, 2014 9:13:53 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 650
Applause Received: 1,338

Originally Posted by: dfosterf Go to Quoted Post
It's all good. You just hang on a little while in order that we get all the support systems in place, all for you.


Question is, do we have enough institutions for all you old relics, that think you need your country back. Sorry us younger folks aren't falling in line for you anymore.
UserPostedImage
Offline Dulak  
#22 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 3:35:34 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 1/19/2009(UTC)
Location: London, UK (from kenosha)

Applause Given: 153
Applause Received: 100

So whats this thread about?

As far as getting our country back:

1. We need to have proper immigration policys - ie people without legal green cards and passports need to go whereever they came from. Or Allow a certain amount to stay if they meet a certain criteria and not a criteria based on how much of the US tax dollars they have used up even if they have been here 10 years-20 years etc.
3 years ago I was under immigration policys as a chiropractor here in the UK and had to comply else I would be forced to leave; even thou I brought a skill to this country.

I also know many great british people and europeans that would love to work in the US; but cannot. I do not see why they are not allowed to come to the US and bring a skill and work; meanwhile others which do not bring skills are allowed to come.

As long as people go through the proper immigration I am fine with it; if they dont - they need to leave and we do not need to pay them to leave or pay them to stay in our country or give them the option to never leave.

2. Guns - Guns do not make us safe. "82 people were shot in an 84-hour window in chicago over 4th of july"; I could list numerous cases about gun violence. School shootings etc ... I know many of you hear support people having guns in the US.

I find the shooting and killing news - depressing. Things like this do not happen in britain - we dont have a guy walk into a mc donalds and open fire killing numerous people week after week. If there is some kind of murder its big news and it involves only a very few people.

So less guns. A lot less IMO.

Same reason we dont want every tom dick and harry country to own nuclear weapons.

3. Banking industry - this fixed yet?

4. Health care in the US. First off there needs to be a paradigm shift to pay health care workers to keep people healthy instead of based on what they do - ie procedures and tests.

anyways - tell me whom to vote for next time that has the above values.

Edited by user Friday, July 11, 2014 3:56:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline DakotaT  
#23 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 5:23:56 AM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 650
Applause Received: 1,338

1. The greed of the wealthy prohibits immigration reform. This country has always been run on cheap or slave labor costs, and the illegals are the modern day slaves.

2. Yeah right. This issue will never be addressed. America loves its guns and doesn't care who owns them.

3. Um, this is a greed thing too. Too much unearned money being made off of the backs of the working man in this country to change this system.

4. Quit talking like a socialist, haven't you been reading these forums to know that health care reform and capitalism cannot coincide?

In conclusion, when people like Foster whine about "getting their country back", all that is would be a bunch of bigotted lingo from people that have been sitting in control forever. They see the end of their reign, and are just pissed off because their isn't a damn thing they are going to be able to do about it except watch. Nothing but pure entertainment for me. I will admit to being a sadistic little prick that likes to poke the bear. Watching people trying to talk their way out of being bigots is pretty fun for me. Especially when they go the God and Constituion route. Then you really know they are full of sh*t.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 7/11/2014(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#24 Posted : Friday, July 11, 2014 8:04:53 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 420
Applause Received: 250

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
So whats this thread about?

As far as getting our country back:

1. We need to have proper immigration policys - ie people without legal green cards and passports need to go whereever they came from. Or Allow a certain amount to stay if they meet a certain criteria and not a criteria based on how much of the US tax dollars they have used up even if they have been here 10 years-20 years etc.
3 years ago I was under immigration policys as a chiropractor here in the UK and had to comply else I would be forced to leave; even thou I brought a skill to this country.

I also know many great british people and europeans that would love to work in the US; but cannot. I do not see why they are not allowed to come to the US and bring a skill and work; meanwhile others which do not bring skills are allowed to come.

As long as people go through the proper immigration I am fine with it; if they dont - they need to leave and we do not need to pay them to leave or pay them to stay in our country or give them the option to never leave.

2. Guns - Guns do not make us safe. "82 people were shot in an 84-hour window in chicago over 4th of july"; I could list numerous cases about gun violence. School shootings etc ... I know many of you hear support people having guns in the US.

I find the shooting and killing news - depressing. Things like this do not happen in britain - we dont have a guy walk into a mc donalds and open fire killing numerous people week after week. If there is some kind of murder its big news and it involves only a very few people.

So less guns. A lot less IMO.

Same reason we dont want every tom dick and harry country to own nuclear weapons.

3. Banking industry - this fixed yet?

4. Health care in the US. First off there needs to be a paradigm shift to pay health care workers to keep people healthy instead of based on what they do - ie procedures and tests.

anyways - tell me whom to vote for next time that has the above values.


It's encouraging to see some new blood have the balls and brains to show some interest in politics.

On your #1, as Dakota said, America does benefit from the cheap labor of illegals. He says that like it's a bad thing hahahaha. The current massive influx, though, is perplexing. It reminds me of when Castro suddenly allowed/sent all those Cuban boat people - some sort of an organized effort to disrupt here, especially the unaccompanied kids - which is basically taking advantage of the inherent niceness of Americans. I see the whole thing as an annoyance rather than a big deal.

On your #2, how many of those Chicago gun fights were with LEGAL guns? Damn few, I bet. I refer you to the famous bumper sticker: when guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns. I've never been very enthused about the issue of gun rights, but it's true, the left is more concerned with harrassing the good people who own guns than solving the problem of gun crime - or crime in general.

Your #3: the banking industry is just fine. The Federal Reserve - although hated by many - does a great job of dealing with problems so they have minimal effect on regular people - compare the recent "Great Recession" to the debacle of the Great Depression of the 1930s or the various "Panics" all through the 1800s when regular people really did suffer.

#4: It's been said that Obama and the leftists KNOWINGLY made Obamacare such a clusterf*ck that it would eventually result in a single-payer system. Just about everybody is worse of one way or another now because of it. I, even though I am a conservative, would not really be opposed to a single-payer system - provided it did NOT result in higher taxes (yes, that could be done - with debt financing). You're in Britain; You see such a system at work. Tell us, is it good or bad?

As for who to vote for, it's a LOT easier to say who NOT to vote for, and they have the last name Paul - Rand or Ron. Obama has done his damnedest to drag down America, and the good times keep on rollin'. I doubt another leftist would be any worse, but electing just about any of the plethora of conservatives other than the Pauls would bring a step upward in a lot of ways - primarily on the defense/foreign policy/security front, but there seems to be behind the scenes forces preventing even the left from straying too far in the wrong direction in those areas. The Pauls, however, based on their non-interventionist words, would be a serious threat to harm America. If you want a name at this early point, I'd say Paul Ryan.

I have to disagree with the original premise that we, the good people, need to take back America. I say we never lost it.

Edited by user Friday, July 11, 2014 8:21:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Dulak  
#25 Posted : Sunday, July 13, 2014 2:58:34 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 1/19/2009(UTC)
Location: London, UK (from kenosha)

Applause Given: 153
Applause Received: 100

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
It's encouraging to see some new blood have the balls and brains to show some interest in politics.

On your #1, as Dakota said, America does benefit from the cheap labor of illegals. He says that like it's a bad thing hahahaha. The current massive influx, though, is perplexing. It reminds me of when Castro suddenly allowed/sent all those Cuban boat people - some sort of an organized effort to disrupt here, especially the unaccompanied kids - which is basically taking advantage of the inherent niceness of Americans. I see the whole thing as an annoyance rather than a big deal.

On your #2, how many of those Chicago gun fights were with LEGAL guns? Damn few, I bet. I refer you to the famous bumper sticker: when guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns. I've never been very enthused about the issue of gun rights, but it's true, the left is more concerned with harrassing the good people who own guns than solving the problem of gun crime - or crime in general.

Your #3: the banking industry is just fine. The Federal Reserve - although hated by many - does a great job of dealing with problems so they have minimal effect on regular people - compare the recent "Great Recession" to the debacle of the Great Depression of the 1930s or the various "Panics" all through the 1800s when regular people really did suffer.

#4: It's been said that Obama and the leftists KNOWINGLY made Obamacare such a clusterf*ck that it would eventually result in a single-payer system. Just about everybody is worse of one way or another now because of it. I, even though I am a conservative, would not really be opposed to a single-payer system - provided it did NOT result in higher taxes (yes, that could be done - with debt financing). You're in Britain; You see such a system at work. Tell us, is it good or bad?

As for who to vote for, it's a LOT easier to say who NOT to vote for, and they have the last name Paul - Rand or Ron. Obama has done his damnedest to drag down America, and the good times keep on rollin'. I doubt another leftist would be any worse, but electing just about any of the plethora of conservatives other than the Pauls would bring a step upward in a lot of ways - primarily on the defense/foreign policy/security front, but there seems to be behind the scenes forces preventing even the left from straying too far in the wrong direction in those areas. The Pauls, however, based on their non-interventionist words, would be a serious threat to harm America. If you want a name at this early point, I'd say Paul Ryan.

I have to disagree with the original premise that we, the good people, need to take back America. I say we never lost it.


thanks :)
Offline Wade  
#26 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2014 10:39:27 AM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 670
Applause Received: 675

1. Immigration. Americans have been bitching about immigrants pretty much since the beginning. IMO, proper immigration policy should be: Do you have a communicable disease? If so, you can't come in until you get rid of it. If not, welcome to America.

2. Guns. Governments have killed far more people with guns than private citizens. By multiple orders of magnitude. The only people who should not be allowed to bear arms are elected officials and government bureaucrats.

3. Health care. Not going there anymore. Anyone who thinks the government can either (i) improve the quality of health care or (ii) reduce its cost is, IMO, delusional. Dealing with my 92-y.o. mother's dementia is enough delusion to deal with.

4. Banks. Historically, banks have been joined at the hip with the state/king/powers-that-be. For awhile, Brits and Americas emphasized a different sort of banking -- the sort where lending decisions were shaped primarily by local needs and localized markets. This was viewed as so important that, for awhile, we even prohibited almost all branch banking. Banks were defined by Main Street, not Wall Street and not Pennsylvania Avenue.
Then came Woodrow Wilson. Keynes. The Federal Reserve System and "monetary policy". And, eventually, banks resumed their historical emphasis -- kings and nations and the powers-that-be. And "corporate" became the word. And after a few generations of this incestuous old-fashioned banking, they're "too big to fail."

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 7/14/2014(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#27 Posted : Saturday, July 19, 2014 10:55:21 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 208
Applause Received: 349

We are past the point of no return I believe. Every day we live free is a blessing. My thoughts are with those who live without hope and are in the constant presence of fear. The latest stories and pictures from the invasion in Ghaza are just too tragic for words.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline dhazer  
#28 Posted : Sunday, July 20, 2014 2:10:18 PM(UTC)
dhazer

Rank: Pro Bowl

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 195

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
So whats this thread about?

As far as getting our country back:

1. We need to have proper immigration policys -

2. Guns - Guns do not make us safe. "82 people were shot in an 84-hour window in chicago over 4th of july"; I could list numerous cases about gun violence. School shootings etc ... I know many of you hear support people having guns in the US.







I know you don't live in the states so you probably don't keep up with this but it is funny you mention all the shootings in Chicago. Do you know they have the strictest gun laws in the country and also have the most murders. The 2 places with the strongest gun laws are also the ones with the most murders.


I am totally lost on the whole problem with immigration, we have plenty of laws for this and also have a procedure for anyone that wants to become a citizen, why is it so hard to follow these laws. It is pretty black and white either you went thru the procedure and became a citizen or your illegal (which last time I checked does still mean against the law) and you should be sent out of the country.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 7/20/2014(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#29 Posted : Sunday, August 10, 2014 7:23:39 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 420
Applause Received: 250

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
1. Immigration. Americans have been bitching about immigrants pretty much since the beginning. IMO, proper immigration policy should be: Do you have a communicable disease? If so, you can't come in until you get rid of it. If not, welcome to America.

2. Guns. Governments have killed far more people with guns than private citizens. By multiple orders of magnitude. The only people who should not be allowed to bear arms are elected officials and government bureaucrats.

3. Health care. Not going there anymore. Anyone who thinks the government can either (i) improve the quality of health care or (ii) reduce its cost is, IMO, delusional. Dealing with my 92-y.o. mother's dementia is enough delusion to deal with.

4. Banks. Historically, banks have been joined at the hip with the state/king/powers-that-be. For awhile, Brits and Americas emphasized a different sort of banking -- the sort where lending decisions were shaped primarily by local needs and localized markets. This was viewed as so important that, for awhile, we even prohibited almost all branch banking. Banks were defined by Main Street, not Wall Street and not Pennsylvania Avenue.
Then came Woodrow Wilson. Keynes. The Federal Reserve System and "monetary policy". And, eventually, banks resumed their historical emphasis -- kings and nations and the powers-that-be. And "corporate" became the word. And after a few generations of this incestuous old-fashioned banking, they're "too big to fail."



I was bored so I went looking for stuff I hadn't replied to. Yours was at the top of the list, Wade. What else is new hahahaha?

1. You and the Wall Street Journal. I could maybe join you on that. I heard Rush Limbaugh, of all people, waxing on about the amazingly huge amount of vacant land you see as you fly across America. He went on to say that theoretically, you could put the whole world's population with the density of downtown Houston (I was just there on Friday, and it wasn't all that dense) in the land bounded by California, Oregon, and Washington on the west and the Great Plains states. Food and other necessities, I guess that's another matter. My point, Wade, is that your idea - and the seemingly inevitable increase in government benefits dished out - would be an extremely Keynesian situation - testing whether this nation's or any nation's policies so conceived and so dedicated could long endure (apologies to Abe). To be clear, I'm talking about the Wade idea, not the Limbaugh idea - which I'm sure he wasn't even remotely suggesting.

2. You said governmentS - plural. Can I assume that means you include FOREIGN governments in that - which is very believable? Or merely various levels of government in this country - which IMO is totally unbelievable?

3. OK, let's not go there.

4. You seem to lament all after your words, "Then came ......". All I can say is consider the impact on regular people of the various "panics" - business cycles/upturns/downturns, etc. before that time compared to recent times. I'm assuming they were still working out the kinks in the 1930s, but since that time, some pretty serious economic problems have resulted in very little human suffering - thanks mainly IMO to the stuff following "Then came ....". And arguably, life is a LOT nicer in terms of comfort, enjoyment, etc. for basically everybody, bottom to top, class-wise in that time period also - with the level of freedom at very least, no worse than before.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Wade  
#30 Posted : Monday, August 11, 2014 11:00:51 AM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 670
Applause Received: 675

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
I was bored so I went looking for stuff I hadn't replied to. Yours was at the top of the list, Wade. What else is new hahahaha?

1. You and the Wall Street Journal. I could maybe join you on that. I heard Rush Limbaugh, of all people, waxing on about the amazingly huge amount of vacant land you see as you fly across America. He went on to say that theoretically, you could put the whole world's population with the density of downtown Houston (I was just there on Friday, and it wasn't all that dense) in the land bounded by California, Oregon, and Washington on the west and the Great Plains states. Food and other necessities, I guess that's another matter. My point, Wade, is that your idea - and the seemingly inevitable increase in government benefits dished out - would be an extremely Keynesian situation - testing whether this nation's or any nation's policies so conceived and so dedicated could long endure (apologies to Abe). To be clear, I'm talking about the Wade idea, not the Limbaugh idea - which I'm sure he wasn't even remotely suggesting.


Who said anything about government benefits? Open borders only translates into government gimmes if you subscribe to the notion of entitlements. You're confusing me with Dakota. I'd abolish at least more than half the cabinet departments, including HSS, HUD, Energy, Interior, Commerce (except as a collector of statistics, maybe), Transportation, Education, Agriculture, Labor, Homeland Security).

2. You said governmentS - plural. Can I assume that means you include FOREIGN governments in that - which is very believable? Or merely various levels of government in this country - which IMO is totally unbelievable?

I was talking about worldwide.


3. OK, let's not go there.

4. You seem to lament all after your words, "Then came ......". All I can say is consider the impact on regular people of the various "panics" - business cycles/upturns/downturns, etc. before that time compared to recent times. I'm assuming they were still working out the kinks in the 1930s, but since that time, some pretty serious economic problems have resulted in very little human suffering - thanks mainly IMO to the stuff following "Then came ....". And arguably, life is a LOT nicer in terms of comfort, enjoyment, etc. for basically everybody, bottom to top, class-wise in that time period also - with the level of freedom at very least, no worse than before.


Sure, we're better than then. No doubt about that.

IMO, that is despite, not because of government intervention in the financial world.

You're a Keynesian. I'm not surprised that you believe in the ability of the state and its regulators to "smooth" the business cycle.

The richer a nation gets, the less the ordinary citizen needs to worry about "panics" and such. The reality is that if you are an "ordinary" person, you ought not be playing in the "markets" any more than you ought to be living in front of a slot machine.

The Great Depression didn't happen because of business cycles/downturns/Wall Street panics. The Great Depression happened because the Fed and the politicos thought they could fix things. And, typically, did exactly the wrong thing.

The engine of economic prosperity is the private sector. The government is what makes the muffler rust out.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
3 Pages<123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF.NET | YAF.NET © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.604 seconds.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
8m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

31m / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Fantasy Sports Talk / wpr

5h / Random Babble / wpr

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

14h / Around The NFL / Smokey

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

16h / Random Babble / Cheesey

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

16h / Random Babble / Cheesey

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann


Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.