wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

It seems I've touched a nerve with Wayne, hope you didn't lose any sleep rethinking your convictions of lessor people than you deem yourself to be. Too bad in Seattle, Wayne, those menial wokers are going to start having better lives. I guess we'll have to wait and see if those poor business owners can make ends meat. A lot of money has been made off of paying people peanuts in this country. $15 minimum wage is a small step in the right direction.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I didn't lose a bit of sleep. Thanks for asking. I don't have to rethink any of my convictions as I don't think of anyone as being lessor than myself. I never have and I would like for you to show me where I have said so.

As I have said before I have no problem with business owners in Seattle or anywhere paying more than the min wage. And I say it yet again, if people expect the are waiting for the government to make their lot in life better they will have a long wait.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

So sorry I showed all the cherry picking Leviticus Christians in here the same amount of respect they do gay people that they condemn to hell. And the good friend you speak just sent me a PM this weekend. Maybe you should send him a little cash so he can get hooked up to the internet. Oh yeah, that's just me that does things like that.

But didn't it feel good to tell me off!

Trying to impose your own self righteousness again? Pity you are so busy ridiculing everyone who doesn't meet your idea holiness you have shown how uncaring you really are. I have said several times my neighbors are gay and I help them all the time. I have never condemned them to hell. It is not my job nor yours nor anyone else's job to say who shall go to hell. But since that doesn't fit your bullying mod you ignore it.

I see that you are too busy patting yourself on the back to acknowledge that you know others too have offered assistance to others. Typical of you. I hope you feel better. I hope it makes you feel bigger than you really are.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago

Trying to impose your own self righteousness again? Pity you are so busy ridiculing everyone who doesn't meet your idea holiness you have shown how uncaring you really are. I have said several times my neighbors are gay and I help them all the time. I have never condemned them to hell. It is not my job nor yours nor anyone else's job to say who shall go to hell. But since that doesn't fit your bullying mod you ignore it.

I see that you are too busy patting yourself on the back to acknowledge that you know others too have offered assistance to others. Typical of you. I hope you feel better. I hope it makes you feel bigger than you really are.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

So nice of you to help your gay neighbors. Careful though, you are dangerously close to judging me, which you know you're not qualified. People that went through hell aren't self-righteous, they're extremely confident - big difference.

Oh and since we're flinging shit, yeah you pissed somebody off so by agreeing they were stupid that they were going to quit the forum. Yes St. Wayne, you. Naturally, I defended the person and took all you dinks on - that's just how I roll. Sweet dreams though, Wayne.

Cognitive dissonance is a bitch, huh buddy? Really would hate to be a big believer in organized Christianity these days and vote Republican.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago
Hell is a relative term, besides, this topic is about the minimum wage. I have strong interest in this. I would like to see how this helps the economy. Personally, I think it does more damage than good. I see the high rollers who own the business just jacking up the prices and basically causing the Americal $ less valuable throughout the world, thus, making it harder to export goods and forcing businesses to import more.

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago

Hell is a relative term, besides, this topic is about the minimum wage. I have strong interest in this. I would like to see how this helps the economy. Personally, I think it does more damage than good. I see the high rollers who own the business just jacking up the prices and basically causing the Americal $ less valuable throughout the world, thus, making it harder to export goods and forcing businesses to import more.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Hey, Wayne's trying to bite off more than he can chew - guess he wants to know what Gunny, Texas, and Buckeye feel like.

Anyway, realistically all raising the minimum wage should do is cut into business owners record profits some and pump money into the economy. What will actually happen is that the greedy business owners will raise prices, make benefits more difficult to obtain by cutting employees hours, or just cash out and move abroad. Ethically, are these business good people? If you answer anything but hell no, you need to go back to college and take ethics over.
UserPostedImage
Tezzy
9 years ago

On top of every beard grows a man.
"The Bears are shell-shocked... and it's breaking my heart."
DakotaT
9 years ago
Tezzy, you can't tell Republicans about income inequality. It doesn't exist because Fox News told them it's liberal hog wash. And that is the end of that discussion. Thanks for posting this, I'm not sure a lot of our posters are viewers of HBO, they might be a little more rounded if they had an alternative to Fox News.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

Hey, Wayne's trying to bite off more than he can chew - guess he wants to know what Gunny, Texas, and Buckeye feel like.

Anyway, realistically all raising the minimum wage should do is cut into business owners record profits some and pump money into the economy. What will actually happen is that the greedy business owners will raise prices, make benefits more difficult to obtain by cutting employees hours, or just cash out and move abroad. Ethically, are these business good people? If you answer anything but hell no, you need to go back to college and take ethics over.

You can give it any term that makes you feel good and sleep nights. rail on bully it is silly but suits you. Not that I am judging you. Just pointing out what I see. You think that you are the only one who has suffered therefore you are entitled to be an ass to everyone else. You think that your suffering is greater than everyone else's so that makes you special. Insinuating that I consider myself a Saint is a part of your shtick. For the record I do not subscribe to the edicts of organized Christianity but you wouldn't know because you are so busy trying to prove your worthiness and ridicule everyone else that you even bothered to find out.

I don't care what the others think, say or do. They don't speak for me. Nor do I agree with their posts. What I see when I read your posts is someone who is afraid and tries to make all others bow to him and I laugh at it.

Kevin I as sorry for contributing to Troy's highjacking this thread but he seems to do that to everyone of them. I have stated several times here my thoughts on the min wage in Seattle. It is ridiculous for the city or government to try and impose such wages as they do not work. More often than not the states with the highest min wages also have the highest unemployment rates and taxes as well.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago

You can give it any term that makes you feel good and sleep nights. rail on bully it is silly but suits you. Not that I am judging you. Just pointing out what I see. You think that you are the only one who has suffered therefore you are entitled to be an ass to everyone else. You think that your suffering is greater than everyone else's so that makes you special. Insinuating that I consider myself a Saint is a part of your shtick. For the record I do not subscribe to the edicts of organized Christianity but you wouldn't know because you are so busy trying to prove your worthiness and ridicule everyone else that you even bothered to find out.

I don't care what the others think, say or do. They don't speak for me. Nor do I agree with their posts. What I see when I read your posts is someone who is afraid and tries to make all others bow to him and I laugh at it.

Kevin I as sorry for contributing to Troy's highjacking this thread but he seems to do that to everyone of them. I have stated several times here my thoughts on the min wage in Seattle. It is ridiculous for the city or government to try and impose such wages as they do not work. More often than not the states with the highest min wages also have the highest unemployment rates and taxes as well.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Psychology really isn't your deal, is it? Me afraid, of what? You really don't know a damn thing about me, just like Texas and Gunny.

As for the this thread, you really don't even want to discuss it. Why would you, you're one of the haves, why would you give a shit about the have nots? You're part of the problem, not someone interested in the solution. And the reason I even care is that I was once one of those rock bottom lowly restaurant workers trying to live on minimum wage. I can relate, can you? But please contribute the have's opinion. That clip Tezzy just posted is what I've been "soap boxing" to you dill holes for over three years, but you all just continue to live in your bubble.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago
As if you know anything about me. Yes I worked in a minimum wage job too. I had several of them. But I busted my butt and got to the point where I earned more than the minimum. Instead of running off to get a cigarette I did more work. Instead of saying that the union contract doesn’t require me to do more than what I am doing I tracked down my foreman and asked what else could I do. When union people came up to me and told me I was still on probation and I wouldn’t be allowed to keep my job if I didn’t do what everyone else did I laughed at them. I later found my tires all cut. That is union brotherhood for you. They guy who did it was always protected by the union. He would go off and sleep during work. He wrecked a piece of equipment. They always backed him. One day several years later he lost his job because he pulled a knife on one of the supervisors. The union would have defended him then too but the police were called in and in addition to the knife he had drugs.

As I said your distain is funny simply because you are more judgmental than anyone else. You have no idea that I was in a car accident on my 18th birthday and wrecked my back. You are correct in that I can not do blue collar work. Well I can do some but not very long. I physically am not able to do so. If I was one of the people you admire so much I would live in the city and draw welfare. Instead of that I put myself through college with the help of my parents. I worked all through college. No grants or gifts just pay cash and collect a degree. At times I put in 40 hours while still taking 18-20 hours of classes. But that doesn’t fit into your idea that all white collar workers are good for nothing and lazy.

When I got out of college I earned $6000 the first year. The average entry level position earned $12,000. My soon to be wife made $10,000. I went to my dad and told him I needed to make more money and he said that he agreed. If I wanted a raise go earn it. He worked 80 hours a week and he thought I should work at least 60. Handouts? They don’t happen around here.
My back is so full of arthritis it wakes me up in the middle of the night. My back is always stiff, my arms and legs numb. I see a both a chiropractor and physical therapist to get some temporary relief but that comes right out of my pocket. Thanks to our loving father Obama I can not change from my current policy to something else because it would more than double my premium.

You have no idea that in order to keep a promise to my son I tried to train for a 5 K race and in doing so popped a rib out of place. I was in pain for more than a couple of weeks. On the day of the race my son had to come back down the race course to find me. I was one of the last participants to finish but I still finished. The chiropractor had to shove the rib back into place but it took three attempts on three different days for him to get it in.

You have no idea what it is like to have dinner with your mother, leave to run a few errands and come back a half hour later and have her ask you if you have had dinner yet. To stop by and check her mail in order to pick up the bills and have her tell you she has not gotten any mail that week. That the post office must still be forwarding her mail some place else. You have to tell her that she has said that 3 times that week already and that you did go through her mail her the other times. Do you know what it is like to have her ADT alarm go off at 10:30 at night and she doesn’t know how to reset the alarm? That she doesn’t remember the “all safe” code work to tell the alarm company?

So you think you have had a shitty life so what. Everyone has gone through tough times. That doesn’t make you special. That doesn’t give you the right to crap on everyone else. You remind me of the Frank Baum character who was so afraid of others he thought the only way to prove himself was to accost those around him. You think I really care what you think? Not hardly. I have dealt with bigger pricks in my life than you.

And all of this does speak to the min wage. You want a sustanable income, earn it don't wait for someone to hand it to you with little or no effort on your own part.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dhazer (24m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.