DakotaT
9 years ago

sorry you are not special. Every farm I worked on, every farmer I have ever talked to payed much more than min wage even to high school kids. As you pointed out there is real hard work being done. Flipping burgers or getting someone a cup of coffee not so much.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

And neither is sitting a desk and fucking people considered hard work in any way shape or form. I'm all for helping people get ahead, and I sure as hell am never going to be a fuckstick trying to keep poor people poor, which is exactly all of you opposing raising minimum wage increases are doing. But make sure you all get to church on Sunday and reaffirm what good people you are.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
9 years ago

And neither is sitting a desk and fucking people considered hard work in any way shape or form. I'm all for helping people get ahead, and I sure as hell am never going to be a fuckstick trying to keep poor people poor, which is exactly all of you opposing raising minimum wage increases are doing. But make sure you all get to church on Sunday and reaffirm what good people you are.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

I am all for poor people getting ahead. Flipping burgers and what not is not hard work. It doesn't merit making making $31,000 a year. They need to get an education. (Something many of the poor have scorned when they were in grade school and high school.) Then go get one of the those easy jobs that you hate so much.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Hard work doesn't mean higher compensation. Work that not everyone can do does. Who cannot flip burgers? Who cannot press two buttons at the same time? Who cannot say "Welcome to Walmart!" all day long? These are the type of jobs I disagree with being paid $30k a year for.

Athletes get insanely pay because of why? They can do something most others cannot.

Menial jobs should be paid as such and used as a stepping stone to greater opportunities.

If you want to earn more, learn a marketable skill/trade to do so. You don't whine about how the President is failing YOU because YOU can't support your SIX kids off flipping burgers.

I would concede opposing this raise if it meant that employee's would not lose any benefits or perks and also the services and products would not increase in price. That simply won't happen though. And this raise increase will close doors to small businesses and stunt economic small business growth. Any true American can see how bad this is for us all.
UserPostedImage
sschind
9 years ago

If you want to earn more, learn a marketable skill/trade to do so. You don't whine about how the President is failing YOU because YOU can't support your SIX kids off flipping burgers.

Originally Posted by: Kevin 

I only have 5 kids and I am the assistant french fry machine technician but your point is well taken. However, deserve 15 bucks an hour because my understudy is so stupid that there is no way he could do what I do. Wait ... you mean he will be making 15 bucks and hour too? That's just not fair. I think I'll quit. let them see how backed up the fry fryer gets with that pimple faced little Jimmy snot nose running it

DakotaT
9 years ago
The arrogance and lack of humility in this forum pisses me off. At least a burger flipper has a bead of sweat dripping down his face once in a while. People working those "menial" jobs are an absolute necessity in this country of lazy fucks that can't even cook a meal for themselves anymore. I've met a whole lof of worhtless "professionals" in my day, that don't deserve their paychecks, not even close.

Besides, a lot of the higher paying skilled jobs were shipped overseas - or don't any of you geniuses actually pay attention to what the people you vote for do.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago
Another thing all you right wing knobs need to answer is why do you think you get to have the best of everything. You can't have a small government with less handouts and still keep a low minimum wage. If all these corporations are not going to pay people enough to live on, then Uncle Sam is going to have to pick up the rest of the tab.
UserPostedImage
sschind
9 years ago

The arrogance and lack of humility in this forum pisses me off. At least a burger flipper has a bead of sweat dripping down his face once in a while. People working those "menial" jobs are an absolute necessity in this country of lazy fucks that can't even cook a meal for themselves anymore. I've met a whole lof of worhtless "professionals" in my day, that don't deserve their paychecks, not even close.

Besides, a lot of the higher paying skilled jobs were shipped overseas - or don't any of you geniuses actually pay attention to what the people you vote for do.

I just hope he wipes that bead of sweat off before it drips on my burger.

I have an idea. Instead of just having a minimum wage we could also have a maximum wage. What does it take to live comfortably these days. 100 grand? 250 grand? half a mil? Lets just cap all income at that level and take all that money that would have been given to those people and give it to the other workers. Notice I didn't say give it to the welfare leeches, give it to the other workers, at least they are working for it. If we did that we could probably raise the minimum wage to 25 bucks an hour. Pretty much anybody should be able to live on that.

Actually Dakota I agree with a lot of what you are saying. There are a lot of professionals making obscene amounts of money and amounts of money that they are not "earning" However, it is mostly the private sector (by private I mean non government although I think politician salaries and benefits are a bit whacked as well.) that is paying this out. Are you saying the government should step in and limit the amount of salary and benefits a private company can pay? It would be nice if everyone making over a certain amount of money would willingly give their excess to the poor but that is where morality comes in and you legislate morality.

DakotaT
9 years ago

I just hope he wipes that bead of sweat off before it drips on my burger.

I have an idea. Instead of just having a minimum wage we could also have a maximum wage. What does it take to live comfortably these days. 100 grand? 250 grand? half a mil? Lets just cap all income at that level and take all that money that would have been given to those people and give it to the other workers. Notice I didn't say give it to the welfare leeches, give it to the other workers, at least they are working for it. If we did that we could probably raise the minimum wage to 25 bucks an hour. Pretty much anybody should be able to live on that.

Actually Dakota I agree with a lot of what you are saying. There are a lot of professionals making obscene amounts of money and amounts of money that they are not "earning" However, it is mostly the private sector (by private I mean non government although I think politician salaries and benefits are a bit whacked as well.) that is paying this out. Are you saying the government should step in and limit the amount of salary and benefits a private company can pay? It would be nice if everyone making over a certain amount of money would willingly give their excess to the poor but that is where morality comes in and you legislate morality.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

I wouldn't ever agree to a maximum wage for anybody, because that would be very UnAmerican. All they need to do is correct the tax code: no more capital gains taxes - income is income and you pay in the top rate for all your income exceeding X amounts of dollars. No more cap on the Social Security tax, which is currently at $125,000. Wealthy people pay SS tax on all of their income not just the first $125K. And in times of financial crisis the top rate is adjusted to make up the difference. I guarantee you that those politicians will keep their spending in check.

Being born an American shouldn't just be a privilege to some and leave out those that were born in poverty.
UserPostedImage
sschind
9 years ago

I wouldn't ever agree to a maximum wage for anybody, because that would be very UnAmerican. All they need to do is correct the tax code: no more capital gains taxes - income is income and you pay in the top rate for all your income exceeding X amounts of dollars. No more cap on the Social Security tax, which is currently at $125,000. Wealthy people pay SS tax on all of their income not just the first $125K. And in times of financial crisis the top rate is adjusted to make up the difference. I guarantee you that those politicians will keep their spending in check.

Being born an American shouldn't just be a privilege to some and leave out those that were born in poverty.

now this is something I agree with 100%. Well maybe 95% I'm not sure I am on board with adjusting the top rate on a whim whenever a shortfall is expected. maybe we just adjust the politicians rates

Maybe it is time we stop calling for the wealthy to pay their fair share because fair is a subjective term. Whatever the share is we should insist they pay their FULL share. I'm sure if they all did that there would be a huge difference.

DakotaT
9 years ago

now this is something I agree with 100%. Well maybe 95% I'm not sure I am on board with adjusting the top rate on a whim whenever a shortfall is expected. maybe we just adjust the politicians rates

Maybe it is time we stop calling for the wealthy to pay their fair share because fair is a subjective term. Whatever the share is we should insist they pay their FULL share. I'm sure if they all did that there would be a huge difference.

Originally Posted by: sschind 

You don't think that tax code is extremely complicated for the average people do you? Funny how we never get into the nuts and bolts of taxation when we are electing our corrupted leaders. Well, we kind of did with Mittens in '12, but it was dropped suddenly for some reason.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (6h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (6h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (12h) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.