Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
5 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GermanGilbert  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2014 3:59:06 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 593
Joined: 11/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 30
Applause Received: 80

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I know.

I can't help it if the National Anthem has been wimp-ified.

At least I didn't post the video to Panzerlied. That one probably makes a few of the thought police nervous. It does make me smile a little to know Chile uses the song too.


They didn't wimp-ify the national anthem, they just changed the 1st strophe to the 3rd, which is fine for me. Imagine the delay of game if they play all 3 It Wasn't Me

And to be honest, I have never heard of this "Panzerlied" until you mentioned it. And I'm glad I didn't. Terrible stuff, f*** terrible.
blank
Offline wpr  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 4, 2014 4:07:59 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 12,319
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,728
Applause Received: 1,310

Originally Posted by: GermanGilbert Go to Quoted Post
They didn't wimp-ify the national anthem, they just changed the 1st strophe to the 3rd, which is fine for me. Imagine the delay of game if they play all 3 It Wasn't Me

And to be honest, I have never heard of this "Panzerlied" until you mentioned it. And I'm glad I didn't. Terrible stuff, f*** terrible.


From what I had heard they dropped the first two verses or strophe if you prefer as they really are not relative today. I was just having a little fun.

Most people have not heard the Panzerlied unless someone watches the movie The Battle of the Bulge.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline wpr  
#18 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2014 5:40:04 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 12,319
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,728
Applause Received: 1,310

getting back on topic. My Final Four

Germany, Spain, Brazil (I wonder about them. All the pressure of being host could be too much.) Argentina.

Final Four I wish I could see
US, Cameroon, Australia, South Korea

Actually US, Brazil, Swiss and Argentina
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline GermanGilbert  
#19 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2014 10:13:37 AM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 593
Joined: 11/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 30
Applause Received: 80

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
getting back on topic. My Final Four

Germany, Spain, Brazil (I wonder about them. All the pressure of being host could be too much.) Argentina.

Final Four I wish I could see
US, Cameroon, Australia, South Korea

Actually US, Brazil, Swiss and Argentina


Germany will only be in the semi finals if they win group G and then, only because the draw until the semi finals is almost perfect for the winner of group G. If they win, they will face presumably South Korea or Russia in the round of 16 and then in the quarter final either France (without their best player Ribery), Suisse, Bosnia or maybe Nigeria. That looks like one of the easiest ways to get to the semi finals.

If they finish 2nd, they'll be out maybe in the round of 16, but for sure in the quarter finals. Belgium, who I bet will win group H, has a very young and highly talented team. Watch out for them in 2018. If Germany survives Belgium, they will get demoralized by Argentina in the quarter finals.

The most important thing for me is to get rid of our shitty, shitty coach. So there are only 2 positive scenarios. Either we're out in the group stage and Jogi Löw gets kicked or we win it all and he leaves by his own :D Unfortunately both scenarios will not happen. We will somehow win group G because Ronaldo is out for Portugal, then get the "easy line" to the semi finals and then get our butts kicked badly from whoever we face, because Jogi Löw again has one of his "brilliant" ideas. Like in the European Cup 2012, when he played Toni Kroos as a man-to-man defender against Andrea Pirlo in the Italy game. WTF???? That's insane. That day I saw the team lineup and knew from the very first moment, that this was the last game of the EC for Germany. d'oh! d'oh!

So I agree with your final 4 and Brazil will have tons of fun destroying Germany.

My final 4 wish list includes Germany (as said, only if they win it all), Chile, USA and Australia. Not too likely, I know Big Grin





blank
Offline wpr  
#20 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2014 12:48:21 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 12,319
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,728
Applause Received: 1,310

I was tempted to put Belgium in the finals but I really don't know very much about them and I didn't want three from Europa in the finals on my list. I think the elite of the rest of the world is right there with Europe or at least they can be.

Argentina is in great shape. Win the group and then get France or Honduras in the 2nd Stage. Advance and probably get Belgium. Good match but you say they are young maybe that will be their weakness.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline GermanGilbert  
#21 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2014 2:54:35 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 593
Joined: 11/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 30
Applause Received: 80

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Argentina is in great shape. Win the group and then get France or Honduras in the 2nd Stage. Advance and probably get Belgium. Good match but you say they are young maybe that will be their weakness.


Yes, if Belgium fails it's because of missing experience, not talent.

And now you can strike Germany out of the semi final competitors, we just lost our best player in a freaking friendly against Armenia. Sick Sick I don't know the exact injury yet, but it looked horrible Crying Without Marco Reus the group stage is the limit.

blank
Offline mi_keys  
#22 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2014 5:00:34 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,474
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 338

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
I was tempted to put Belgium in the finals but I really don't know very much about them


Adnan Januzaj is going to run train on some bitches... I'm definitely not just being a Man United homer with that statement.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline mi_keys  
#23 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2014 5:27:42 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,474
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 338

Originally Posted by: GermanGilbert Go to Quoted Post
Yes, if Belgium fails it's because of missing experience, not talent.

And now you can strike Germany out of the semi final competitors, we just lost our best player in a freaking friendly against Armenia. Sick Sick I don't know the exact injury yet, but it looked horrible Crying Without Marco Reus the group stage is the limit.



Losing Reus is a big blow but your lot just have so much talent I think you'll still go far. Plus, Klose will decide to play good football for the first time since the last World Cup. He always does.

What do you think the expected lineup will be without Reus, something like:

Neuer

Lahm--Mertesacker--Humels--Durm/Boateng

Khedira--Schweinsteiger

Muller--Ozil--Gotze

Klose/Podolski

Or am I missing other injuries at the moment?

I still see you guys winning the group and as you've already mentioned the draw will likely be fantastic for the winner of the group of death (least they deserve, right?).

The only other team I could see winning the group is Portugal and Ronaldo's injury situation could play a huge factor there. I could also see Portugal crashing out of the group stages to either Ghana or the US. I don't see that for Germany.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline GermanGilbert  
#24 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2014 5:05:54 AM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 593
Joined: 11/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 30
Applause Received: 80

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Losing Reus is a big blow but your lot just have so much talent I think you'll still go far. Plus, Klose will decide to play good football for the first time since the last World Cup. He always does.

What do you think the expected lineup will be without Reus, something like:

Neuer

Lahm--Mertesacker--Humels--Durm/Boateng

Khedira--Schweinsteiger

Muller--Ozil--Gotze

Klose/Podolski

Or am I missing other injuries at the moment?


Actually there are a couple of players dealing with injuries. Neuer, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Khedira and Klose are all not at 100%, so the team has more than 1 question mark. That said, we just heard of the next "brilliant move" by Jogi Löw. With Marco Reus now officially out for the WC, he replaced him with Mustafi, who is now the 6th central defender on the team. d'oh! d'oh! What an idiot. And "my man" Kevin Volland, who would be the only injury free real forward on the team is still sitting at home. Shame on you

Regarding the starting lineup, Lahm won't be the right defender, he's now playing at 6. I guess it'll be something as below, but with Jogi coaching you never know. Liar


Neuer/Weidenfeller

Boateng -- Mertesacker -- Hummels -- Durm/Höwedes

Lahm -- Khedira/Schweinsteiger

Müller -- Özil/Götze -- Podolski

Schürrle


Müller can also Schürrle's position, I expect a ton of rotation in the front 4 positions. Klose is 35 and not at 100%, with the given temperatures I think he will not start a single game. He'll get some playing time, though.

blank
Offline Wade  
#25 Posted : Saturday, June 7, 2014 12:17:16 PM(UTC)
Wade

Rank: All Pro

Posts: 5,761
Joined: 8/1/2009(UTC)
Location: nowhere of importance

Applause Given: 629
Applause Received: 647

I can't believe I'm so bored I just read an entire thread about soccer.

Laughing
None of the above. It wouldn't have been a wasted vote. Obama and Romney -- Those were the wasted votes.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 6/7/2014(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#26 Posted : Sunday, June 22, 2014 7:10:04 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 12,319
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,728
Applause Received: 1,310

disappointing match. USA had it won and pissed it away with a terrible prevent defense. Loved it when they were stalling be at least pretended to be attacking a few minutes earlier.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#27 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 4:52:14 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,614
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,832
Applause Received: 1,978

I know nothing about soccer, except that it is two 45 minute halves. So I thought anyhow. I was stoked when I seen the 90' mark and thought woohoo we won!!!! And then that sommbitch went to 90' +1 ... WTF is with that?


UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Pack93z  
#28 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 5:01:54 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Posts: 12,736
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 380
Applause Received: 1,017

One of the drawbacks with growing up in the northwoods of Wisconsin.. you don't get the same exposure to a variety of things in life like one might in a more densely populated area. Our area just didn't have the availability of soccer and hockey.. so I never was drawn to it. I have tried to watch and adopt the sport, in college I even had a roommate that was on the UWGB soccer team. Just never could get into it. Even in this format, it just doesn't have an impact.

Many of my friends from around the country are all stoked about the WC.. and I sit here more interested in the Winst.... err.. Sprint cup.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#29 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 5:27:54 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,614
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,832
Applause Received: 1,978

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
One of the drawbacks with growing up in the northwoods of Wisconsin.. you don't get the same exposure to a variety of things in life like one might in a more densely populated area. Our area just didn't have the availability of soccer and hockey.. so I never was drawn to it. I have tried to watch and adopt the sport, in college I even had a roommate that was on the UWGB soccer team. Just never could get into it. Even in this format, it just doesn't have an impact.

Many of my friends from around the country are all stoked about the WC.. and I sit here more interested in the Winst.... err.. Sprint cup.


Dale Jr finished a road course career high 3rd place!


I wish Wisconsin had an NHL team. Probably like Minnesota wishes it had an NFL team.


Anyhow, the World Cup fever is pretty cool to see. I checked the twitter feed and everyone was all USA!! It was great to see us united as such.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#30 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 5:28:13 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 914
Joined: 1/11/2013(UTC)
Location: Murray, Kentucky

Applause Given: 294
Applause Received: 363

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I know nothing about soccer, except that it is two 45 minute halves. So I thought anyhow. I was stoked when I seen the 90' mark and thought woohoo we won!!!! And then that sommbitch went to 90' +1 ... WTF is with that?



Understanding Stoppage Time in Soccer
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest (2)
5 Pages<1234>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error



Recent Topics
4h / Random Babble / DakotaT

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

14h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wade

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Dulak

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Jul / Random Babble / dhazer

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

21-Jul / Around The NFL / musccy

21-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21-Jul / Random Babble / wpr

20-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.