Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Laser Gunns  
#16 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2014 11:30:01 AM(UTC)
Laser Gunns

United States

Applause Given: 39
Applause Received: 233

Coin flip

Watkins or Mack :/

MintBaconDrivel

Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2014 3:22:42 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,887
Applause Received: 2,086

Originally Posted by: Laser Gunns Go to Quoted Post
Barry Sanders Jr.

I accept all brownie points.

There is no Barry Sanders Jr.

Barry J. Sanders is the son of Barry Sanders. Father and son have different middle names. :)
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
buckeyepackfan on 4/20/2014(UTC), Mucky Tundra on 4/20/2014(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#18 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2014 4:54:38 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Watkins. I think Clowney will become a bust, or about as insignificant as Mario Williams.
Offline mi_keys  
#19 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2014 5:11:54 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 207
Applause Received: 345

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Watkins. I think Clowney will become a bust, or about as insignificant as Mario Williams.

As insignificant as Mario Williams? You mean a 3-time pro bowler averaging about 9.5 sacks a year for his career?
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline play2win  
#20 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2014 5:24:14 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
As insignificant as Mario Williams? You mean a 3-time pro bowler averaging about 9.5 sacks a year for his career?

I know what you are saying. He gets his numbers, and so will Clowney. I just mean his overall impact upon his team.

The prima dona attitudes of many of these guys can be a pretty big negative to have on any team these players who can turn it on and turn it off so fast, like a switch. This is just my opinion, but players with that kind of ability should never turn it off.

Clowney got handled so many times last season, I would be very concerned about taking him #1 overall and how he would fare consistently at the Pro level.

WRs can be prima donas too. But the good ones almost always make plays. It is a good point mi_keys. Maybe I should change my choice to Mack! I just don't know much about him, as he is so far out of our reach.
Offline Yerko  
#21 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2014 9:29:14 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 142
Applause Received: 238

Khalil Mack would be my first choice because I believe he is going to end up having a better career than Clowney. He also fits the mold of the Packers defense better than Clowney with the recent signing of Peppers (Clowney would play that exact position).

Watkins would be my runner up because the thought of him running routes for Rodgers gets me all giddy...
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 10:43:47 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 663
Applause Received: 670

Watkins...Robinson ...Watkins...Robinson....gee...

I'd either:
1. Trade it to #3 and take whichever of those two is still available. If both are still available, I'd trade to #5 and take whichever one is available. I'd keep trading down two spots at a time until one of them disappears, and take the other.
2. At any point that I couldn't convince the team 2 spots down to trade as in #1, I'd go ... Robinson.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline mi_keys  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 12:25:31 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 207
Applause Received: 345

Originally Posted by: Wade Go to Quoted Post
Watkins...Robinson ...Watkins...Robinson....gee...

I'd either:
1. Trade it to #3 and take whichever of those two is still available. If both are still available, I'd trade to #5 and take whichever one is available. I'd keep trading down two spots at a time until one of them disappears, and take the other.
2. At any point that I couldn't convince the team 2 spots down to trade as in #1, I'd go ... Robinson.

And if you trade back to #3 and Watkins and Robinson go 1 and 2? I'm assuming part of the terms of your trade is that the team trading up doesn't take either?
Born and bred a cheesehead
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Wade on 4/22/2014(UTC)
Offline Wade  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:00:26 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 663
Applause Received: 670

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
And if you trade back to #3 and Watkins and Robinson go 1 and 2? I'm assuming part of the terms of your trade is that the team trading up doesn't take either?

Good point. I can deal with fuzzy set theory or advanced calc, but basic math sometimes completely escapes me. Duh.

Let me correct that. I'd still trade back to #3, based on my belief that one of the first two picks will be a quarterback. If I'm wrong, I trade back again anyway, though perhaps a bit farther. After those are gone, I probably try to get to somewhere between 5 and 10 and take Clinton-Dix. And if somehow I miss on Clinton-Dix, in this draft I'd keep trading down until I was at the spot reflecting the value of one of the players I listed in the trade up/down thread or I I ran out of trading partners.

I'm not generally a fan of trading down, but this year to me is the exception. People think I'm crazy, but I'd be willing to trade down the #1 pick overall until I got all my picks between 40 and 110. Or all of them in the third and fourth rounds.Big Grin
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline play2win  
#25 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 5:51:30 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Is there some crazy shit that is going to happen (quite possibly anyway) with the very top of this draft? I can see a lot of teams making plays for those top picks.

After looking in on the kid, I'd have to go with Mack at LB in the thread's scenario. Seems like the best bet.
Offline uffda udfa  
#26 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 8:51:31 PM(UTC)
uffda udfa

Applause Given: 138
Applause Received: 137

Boy, that's a tough call if you can't trade the pick... Is there a true #1 guy? I don't like Clowney or Mack. I couldn't take an OL 1st overall in Green Bay.

There are 4 guys I would consider: Evans, Donald, Ebron, Manziel.

Manziel would set up another potential Favre/Rodgers scenario in a few years which isn't all bad because if Manziel is what you think he might be, you could deal Aaron a few years from now and have a younger version of him keeping the line of stud QB's going for a 3rd generation.

Evans has been likened to Randy Moss... a guy with his size and ability for Rodgers would be very hard to pass up.

Ebron has incredible ability and we're going to have a big hole with Finley likely finished.

Donald paired with Daniels inside and Peppers and Matthews would be a sight to behold.

I would reluctantly pass on Manziel due to knowing I have the franchise going strong for a few more seasons.

Ebron has a diva label.

Aaron Donald supposedly loves football and brings it on every single down but we've invested so much on DL the past few years.

Mike Evans, to me, has the best opportunity to really change the game for the Green Bay Packers. The other guys are all intriguing and would be wonderful additions, but I'd be going for best bang for the buck at 1 and nothing less. The Randy Moss comparison with Evans. Just think about that. A Randy Moss type along with Jordy, RC18 and Boykin. I know this is a deep draft at WR and you could still likely get a stud in 2nd or 3rd round, but Evans just seems more capable of being dominant than the rest.

I'd take Mike Evans. Packers love those A&M guys.

Edited by user Friday, April 25, 2014 9:19:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

It's one heckuva drug.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Wade on 4/26/2014(UTC)
Rss Feed