texaspackerbacker
9 years ago
It seems we all agree on the set of facts here - the two-party system basically maintains the status quo. Whoever is elected from whichever party, he (or she) ain't gonna change much even if he/she wanted to, and probably would not in his/her heart even want to.

What we don't agree about is whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.

What I really cannot understand is how any of you - anybody in their right mind at all - could not be damn near ecstatically happy with life the way we have it now in this country. One or more of you negative nancys please explain that.

As for me, I have over sixty years experience to draw from, and I am firmly convinced that we have far more enjoyable things in our lives than ever before, and plenty of freedom to do that enjoying. Really, what else is there? If you guys want to CHANGE away from what we have, what in the hell do you want to change to?

hahahaha Things stay pretty damn civil in here when you know who stays away.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
DakotaT
9 years ago

It seems we all agree on the set of facts here - the two-party system basically maintains the status quo. Whoever is elected from whichever party, he (or she) ain't gonna change much even if he/she wanted to, and probably would not in his/her heart even want to.

What we don't agree about is whether that is a good thing or a bad thing.

What I really cannot understand is how any of you - anybody in their right mind at all - could not be damn near ecstatically happy with life the way we have it now in this country. One or more of you negative nancys please explain that.

As for me, I have over sixty years experience to draw from, and I am firmly convinced that we have far more enjoyable things in our lives than ever before, and plenty of freedom to do that enjoying. Really, what else is there? If you guys want to CHANGE away from what we have, what in the hell do you want to change to?

hahahaha Things stay pretty damn civil in here when you know who stays away.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

I wish you could be turned into a gay Latino man here on a work visa from Guatemala and then you might understand what is wrong in America. As is, you are a spoiled, slacker, baby boomer who never really had a care in the world. Of course you're as clueless as you are.

UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

I wish you could be turned into a gay Latino man here on a work visa from Guatemala and then you might understand what is wrong in America. As is, you are a spoiled, slacker, baby boomer who never really had a care in the world. Of course you're as clueless as you are.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

In the immortal words of Pee Wee Herman, "that's what I am, but what are you?" I'll have to plead guilty to being a Good Normal America-Loving American hahahaha. I know a lot of Latinos - both legal and illegal - who are quite happy and content with the GREAT life we all have here also. I even know a few gays who are very happy with the WONDERFULNESS of life here. Nobody that is both gay and Latino, but whatever. If your guy ain't happy here, then what the hell is he doing here instead of going back to beautiful Guatemala? Could it be that they torture and/or kill gays there?

Still waiting for you change-aholics to say what you would like to change life in America TO.
dingus
9 years ago
"I know you are, but what am I?" would be the "immortal" words you're looking for, texas.

As far as what we "changeaholics" are looking for is concerned, you don't really pay attention to what anybody says on here, do you?
blank
dfosterf
9 years ago

In the immortal words of Pee Wee Herman, "that's what I am, but what are you?" I'll have to plead guilty to being a Good Normal America-Loving American hahahaha. I know a lot of Latinos - both legal and illegal - who are quite happy and content with the GREAT life we all have here also. I even know a few gays who are very happy with the WONDERFULNESS of life here. Nobody that is both gay and Latino, but whatever. If your guy ain't happy here, then what the hell is he doing here instead of going back to beautiful Guatemala? Could it be that they torture and/or kill gays there?

Still waiting for you change-aholics to say what you would like to change life in America TO.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

I can't believe how reasonable you remain. +1 Texas. Your opponents cannot even recognize how harsh they are in comparison. Too young. Too stupid. Too motivated. Too indoctrinated.

Only you. Only you, the fool.

Amazing, isn't it?

You just keep giving this collective pack of fools your version of hell!

You jew bastard amongst the Nazi majority.

JUDEN!

Dave
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

I can't believe how reasonable you remain. +1 Texas. Your opponents cannot even recognize how harsh they are in comparison. Too young. Too stupid. Too motivated. Too indoctrinated.

Amazing, isn't it?

JUDEN!

Dave

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Thanks, Gunny hahahaha. There's a big world outside this forum, and while you and I and Wade are a minority at least among the ones who speak up in here, anyplace you go in real life - even other forums, the good normal people who love this country and have the good sense to appreciate how great we all have it, they - WE - have the majority. I'm pretty sure the '14 and '16 elections will reflect that.

texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

"I know you are, but what am I?" would be the "immortal" words you're looking for, texas.

As far as what we "changeaholics" are looking for is concerned, you don't really pay attention to what anybody says on here, do you?

Originally Posted by: dingus 

I think Ol' Pee Wee said what I said too, but whatever.

Several of you guys have spoken the "tear it down" words without stating what you would replace it with.

I don't know who if any of ya'all have been anywhere else in the world, but I have to ask, WHERE do you see anything remotely close to the GREAT life we all have here - by basically any standard you want to judge it by? Freedom, Security from harm, Comfort and Enjoyment? So what if some/most politicians are doing whatever. If in fact that even is the case, how exactly does it affect your daily life? It sure as hell doesn't affect mine.

So I ask any of you guys - again - specifically WHAT would you want to change, and what would you want to change it to?

One more thing regarding those politicians of both parties you guys hate so much: One side appreciates how great things are and doesn't want the change you seem to crave; The other side at least knows the political reality - that people with good sense are the solid majority, and if they do anything very significant toward that change, they will get their asses kicked electorally.

DakotaT
9 years ago
How Gunny and Dumbass think they are good anything is beyond comprehension. Their version of "good American" is to be a formal military man so you can openly be a hateful bigot and think people need to lick your boots. Thanks for your service guys, but isn't Veterans Day enough - or do we all need to praise you on a daily basis. For the love of God guys, get your conceit in check.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
9 years ago

Amazing, isn't it?

JUDEN!

Dave

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Jesus Christ - I once considered you intelligent. You're just another intolerant dinosaur that needs to just fade away - longing for the 1950's to come back. All the younger generations want change, and most of all - to stop wasting all our money on that fucking military industrial complex. I know it gave you a great life and all, but the wars we have fought post WWII have been nothing but bull shit politician's wars.

UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago
You're sick, Dakota - get help!

To the powers that be: here's another example of a nice civil normal thread - two sides not in agreement, but going back and forth in a decent normal civil way - then this loser comes along to spoil things, spewing his usual hate.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (12h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (14h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (16h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (16h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (19h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Around The NFL / beast

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.