Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 7:41:29 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,910
Applause Received: 2,117

Randy Moss, Charles Woodson, Tony Gonzalez and Clay Matthews III are mentioned in here. Pretty interesting.

Joe Arrigo wrote:
I started writing Packers rumors 11 or so years ago for PackerChatters.com. I was working in radio at the time (both CHR and Sports Talk) and had gotten to know a few people that scouted or worked in organizations. I also had gotten to know a few agents since some of my friends and acquaintances were either entering the NFL Draft or already playing in it. It started with a little post called “The O.T.S.” or “On the Sidelines Report.”

It wasn’t very long or well written, just a few things that I was told from those “sources.” I was told that if I put out some misinformation in the rumors that I will also be given real information as well. They said that teams do have people reading fan sites (as do reporters) to see if any of the rumors have validity. I agreed, hell, what did I have to lose I was a radio guy getting inside information while using it on my sports talk show.

I also was starting to get a following. The first big rumor that I broke was the Packers signing of Charles Woodson. When I posted it I caught heat on PC for it. No way would Ted Thompson sign Woodson, the talented cornerback who was tabbed a malcontent and an injury risk. They said that it was a lie and I didn’t know what I talking about and I was full of (crap). I gave them the length of deal and exact contract numbers that were being discussed, including Woodson’s reluctance to come to Green Bay. Once Woodson signed with the Packers I was flooded with requests for more Packers rumors posts.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline play2win  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 8:22:11 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Joe is really great. Been reading his stuff for years.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 3/24/2014(UTC)
Offline luigis  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 1:53:06 PM(UTC)
luigis

Applause Given: 90
Applause Received: 93

He's full of lies. Just a fan blogging his ideas.

I'm happy I don't have to read all his stuff here as well as the pros/against him.

Oh....no, it just happened!

Luis
Offline RaiderPride  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 3:55:52 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 104
Applause Received: 194

Originally Posted by: luigis Go to Quoted Post
He's full of lies. Just a fan blogging his ideas.

I'm happy I don't have to read all his stuff here as well as the pros/against him.

Oh....no, it just happened!

Really? I thought it was an interesting read. Kind of a look into the life of someone who is attempting to build contacts within the game and use them to develop a career as a NFL writer.

Hell.. I am sure Florio never took a journalism class as poorly as he writes. However he seems to be raking in the money posting other peoples rumors.

Thanks for the post Kevin.

By the way....

I have a source who told me Mark Sanchez is secretly heading to a Packers approved doctor in Manhattan, and if he passes the exam the Packers are bringing him in for a look-see.

My source can not be named.. Because I ONLY KNOW HIS FIRST NAME.

He told me this in last night's A.A. meeting. Or was it last weeks? Not sure. I was hammered.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
thanks Post received 4 applause.
mi_keys on 3/24/2014(UTC), DakotaT on 3/24/2014(UTC), wpr on 3/24/2014(UTC), luigis on 3/24/2014(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 4:02:00 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 417

I don't care if he is right on most of his "rumors" if he is admitting to intentionally posting misinformation I don't really have time for him. I can't say I have read any of his stuff anyway and I won't be seeking him out now so I guess it really doesn't matter one way or the other.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
luigis on 3/24/2014(UTC), Wade on 3/26/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 5:25:38 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,542
Applause Received: 639

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride Go to Quoted Post
Really? I thought it was an interesting read. Kind of a look into the life of someone who is attempting to build contacts within the game and use them to develop a career as a NFL writer.

Hell.. I am sure Florio never took a journalism class as poorly as he writes. However he seems to be raking in the money posting other peoples rumors.

Thanks for the post Kevin.

By the way....

I have a source who told me Mark Sanchez is secretly heading to a Packers approved doctor in Manhattan, and if he passes the exam the Packers are bringing him in for a look-see.

My source can not be named.. Because I ONLY KNOW HIS FIRST NAME.

He told me this in last night's A.A. meeting. Or was it last weeks? Not sure. I was hammered.

I totally dig Florio's narrative style. LOL. (He does that on purpose, dude.)
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline nerdmann  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 5:26:23 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I don't care if he is right on most of his "rumors" if he is admitting to intentionally posting misinformation I don't really have time for him. I can't say I have read any of his stuff anyway and I won't be seeking him out now so I guess it really doesn't matter one way or the other.

PackerChatters is well known to be habitated by a bunch of bitchy, neoconservative grumpy old men. But I dig Arrigo. Glad he's got his own blog now.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline DakotaT  
#8 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 5:31:36 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 657
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
PackerChatters is well known to be habitated by a bunch of bitchy, neoconservative grumpy old men. But I dig Arrigo. Glad he's got his own blog now.

And the number 1 trait of all of them is to slurp over Patty! No thanks, I'll stay here where I don't have to kiss anybody's ass. Well, Zero needs and ego boost once in a while.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 3 applause.
nerdmann on 3/24/2014(UTC), wpr on 3/24/2014(UTC), play2win on 3/25/2014(UTC)
Offline dhazer  
#9 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 5:47:59 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 201

I think Packer Chatters is the site I was banned from lol, and Kevin and I believe Zombie slayer told me to come here many moons ago.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
nerdmann on 3/24/2014(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 6:10:28 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,910
Applause Received: 2,117

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post

I gather from this quote here ..."It wasn’t very long or well written, just a few things that I was told from those “sources.” I was told that if I put out some misinformation in the rumors that I will also be given real information as well. They said that teams do have people reading fan sites (as do reporters) to see if any of the rumors have validity. I agreed, hell, what did I have to lose I was a radio guy getting inside information while using it on my sports talk show."

that Joe didn't know the real versus false information. You better believe that scouts and other personnel view these kinds of forums and fan blogs on a regular basis. And I know several newspaper writers and their editors who frequent this little place on the interGoogle.

If they were to find someone who was always right, what good would that do the source? The NFL is a cut-throat business where smokescreens are widely accepted as commonplace.

I would much rather have 25% real information with the rest being fluffy bull unicorns than have nothing at all.
UserPostedImage
play2win on 3/25/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#11 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 6:48:18 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I gather from this quote here ..."It wasn’t very long or well written, just a few things that I was told from those “sources.” I was told that if I put out some misinformation in the rumors that I will also be given real information as well. They said that teams do have people reading fan sites (as do reporters) to see if any of the rumors have validity. I agreed, hell, what did I have to lose I was a radio guy getting inside information while using it on my sports talk show."

that Joe didn't know the real versus false information. You better believe that scouts and other personnel view these kinds of forums and fan blogs on a regular basis. And I know several newspaper writers and their editors who frequent this little place on the interGoogle.

If they were to find someone who was always right, what good would that do the source? The NFL is a cut-throat business where smokescreens are widely accepted as commonplace.

I would much rather have 25% real information with the rest being fluffy bull unicorns than have nothing at all.

Agreed.

And btw, we all know these sportswriters crib my posts ALL THE TIME.
Offline DakotaT  
#12 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 7:40:48 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 657
Applause Received: 1,347

When are we going to get some smoke blown up our asses anyway? It's been pretty boring lately around, and I'm running out of ways to call Texas a dumbass.
UserPostedImage
Offline wpr  
#13 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 8:39:21 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,960
Applause Received: 1,428

still interesting
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline luigis  
#14 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 11:43:53 PM(UTC)
luigis

Applause Given: 90
Applause Received: 93

I'm very happy to be here.
Luis
Zero2Cool on 3/25/2014(UTC)
Offline RaiderPride  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 8:29:17 AM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Applause Given: 104
Applause Received: 194

Two Thousand.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 3/25/2014(UTC), DakotaT on 3/26/2014(UTC)