Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sschind  
#31 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 9:16:10 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 422

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Do you even know which Bear games I'm talking about? Peanut Tillman made Jones his bitch and forced several fumbles by Jones that lost us the games. See losing divisional games to our rival teams cause one of our players fucks up stays with me a while. Jones has had way too many mental farts and he's lucky he got his last contract.

If any of you self proclaimed "experts" had an ounce of personality this place would be a lot more fun! Instead all this has become is a copy and paste of stupid stats that don't mean anything. So basically fuck you for calling me stupid, and I'm not going to have a four page pissing match with you, cause frankly, you don't mean anything to me.

Anyone who holds 1 player single handedly responsible for a loss is an idiot plain and simple.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Online Zero2Cool  
#32 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 10:17:39 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Anyone who holds 1 player single handedly responsible for a loss is an idiot plain and simple.

sschind Offline , we all say stupid shit. We are all Packers fans, therefore, none of us are stupid.

Can we have stupid thoughts? Sure. And yeah, singling one player out for a win/loss is silly, but so what. I don't think that gives us the right to say they are stupid or idiotic.

Do you even know which Bear games I'm talking about? Peanut Tillman made Jones his bitch and forced several fumbles by Jones that lost us the games. See losing divisional games to our rival teams cause one of our players fucks up stays with me a while. Jones has had way too many mental farts and he's lucky he got his last contract.

If any of you self proclaimed "experts" had an ounce of personality this place would be a lot more fun! Instead all this has become is a copy and paste of stupid stats that don't mean anything. So basically fuck you for calling me stupid, and I'm not going to have a four page pissing match with you, cause frankly, you don't mean anything to me.

I missed this earlier.

This is the kind of comment that forces those whom might otherwise contribute into silence and that quite frankly, PISSES ME OFF.

Charles Tillman has made a career out of stripping the ball. James Jones had two bad games where he fumbled a total of three times. (oh no, more stats!). He's also done a lot more good for the Packers (14 TD season, plus game clinching first downs that won games) and would be far more successful in GB than anywhere else. If you question that, ask Greg Jennings.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 2/24/2014(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#33 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 10:19:38 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,629
Applause Received: 652

You talking about the drops he had this year, while playing with broken ribs?

I'd make JJ an offer, but I wouldn't break the bank on him.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline sschind  
#34 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 1:50:58 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 422

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
sschind Offline , we all say stupid shit. We are all Packers fans, therefore, none of us are stupid.

Can we have stupid thoughts? Sure. And yeah, singling one player out for a win/loss is silly, but so what. I don't think that gives us the right to say they are stupid or idiotic.

I missed this earlier.

This is the kind of comment that forces those whom might otherwise contribute into silence and that quite frankly, PISSES ME OFF.

Charles Tillman has made a career out of stripping the ball. James Jones had two bad games where he fumbled a total of three times. (oh no, more stats!). He's also done a lot more good for the Packers (14 TD season, plus game clinching first downs that won games) and would be far more successful in GB than anywhere else. If you question that, ask Greg Jennings.

When my nephew was 3 or 4 years old I told him jokingly one time that he should quit acting so stupid (his mom absolutely hates it when people call other people stupid) Right away he yells "Mom, uncle Stevie called me stupid" I said "I didn't call you stupid I said you were acting stupid" He yells back' Its OK mom, he didn't say I was stupid, just that I was acting stupid."

You are right though. Blaming a loss on one player single handedly is an idiotic thought (my word, I think its a bit more than silly.) but it is not absolute proof that the person who thinks it is an idiot.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline dfosterf  
#35 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 5:02:33 PM(UTC)
dfosterf

United States

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 416

Mistake to let my man James Jones go.

UserPostedImage
damn skippy I'm an owner. I currently own a full .00001924537805515393 % of the Green Bay Packers.

buckeyepackfan on 2/24/2014(UTC)
Offline mi_keys  
#36 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 5:58:18 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 218
Applause Received: 352

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post

Erroneous. Rex Grossman.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline DakotaT  
#37 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2014 6:09:46 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Erroneous. Rex Grossman.

How dare you question the great sschind? We should all bow down to his intellect.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower on 2/25/2014(UTC)
Offline Dulak  
#38 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 2:41:29 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 154
Applause Received: 100

JJ is my man ... He has Class and Style.

I hope they keep him at a decent price ... I agree with the others - Id take him over finley atm; finley's neck is a big question mark.

JJ used to be my favorite WR. Nelson has passed him a bit recently but still a great go to guy. And like others have said - rodgers often targets him
Offline blueleopard  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 2:46:39 AM(UTC)
blueleopard

Applause Received: 70

But he was suppose to become Sterling Sharpe with all that dynamic ability. Besides, I'm not the one not resigning him, just the guy speaking his mind about an average player. I'm just the same asshole too that expected Hawk to become a superstar with where he was drafted. I'm just horribly unfair to these guys. Rolling Eyes

I don't know whether or not it's blatant sarcasm, but I'm in agreement that Hawk was supposed to be a superstar. At the same time, he hasn't actually been a liability to the defense. His play hay been adequate. Good enough? Of course not.
Danreb Victorio A Believer of Greg Jennings
Offline mi_keys  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 5:56:23 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 218
Applause Received: 352

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
His play hay been adequate. Good enough? Of course not.

Adequate by its very definition is good enough...
Born and bred a cheesehead
steveishere on 2/25/2014(UTC)
Online Zero2Cool  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:25:43 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

Originally Posted by: blueleopard Go to Quoted Post
I don't know whether or not it's blatant sarcasm, but I'm in agreement that Hawk was supposed to be a superstar. At the same time, he hasn't actually been a liability to the defense. His play hay been adequate. Good enough? Of course not.

We're talking James Jones here, but to clarify a known fact. A.J. Hawk was never supposed to be a superstar. He was supposed to be a safe pick, a pick that had already reached his ceiling. Vernon Davis was supposed to be a superstar. He had a high ceiling. Hawk is who he was when drafted. An accountable player who isn't flashy. Hawk isn't the problem for the defense, or even the linebackers.

As for James Jones. I think after the report of how deep of a draft this is, he's gone.

UserPostedImage
wpr on 2/25/2014(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:39:03 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 452
Applause Received: 272

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
We're talking James Jones here, but to clarify a known fact. A.J. Hawk was never supposed to be a superstar. He was supposed to be a safe pick, a pick that had already reached his ceiling. Vernon Davis was supposed to be a superstar. He had a high ceiling. Hawk is who he was when drafted. An accountable player who isn't flashy. Hawk isn't the problem for the defense, or even the linebackers.

As for James Jones. I think after the report of how deep of a draft this is, he's gone.

I disagree about Hawk. You just don't draft somebody that high in the first round without strong expectation he will be a superstar. In the case of Hawk, I think "safe" meant no character issues or like that - compared to Davis for example, who I am on record as strongly preferring at the time.

Jones, on the other hand, was not expected to be a superstar. He has not been a disappointment. He just ain't worth the slightly less than Greg Jennings money it will probably take to sign him.

It's partly because of the position he plays too - shorter period of peak performance. I can foresee us having a similar discussion about Eddie Lacy in a few years - all out superstar, but questionable whether to pay him into his 30s superstar money.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline steveishere  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 8:45:57 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 47
Applause Received: 963

Lol I really dont see jones getting 8ish million a year
Offline DakotaT  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:07:31 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 661
Applause Received: 1,360

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
Lol I really dont see jones getting 8ish million a year

I actually think he is going to resign with the Packers for $3M a year. Doesn't mean I think he is anywhere near the talent of player that is Nelson or Cobb - or that I don't cringe every time he is running with the football. James Jones is damn lucky our defense held out in the Eagles and Steelers playoff games in 2010, or his touchdown drops would have sent him into the unemployment line that season where he got very little free agent interest. Like I've said many times, Packers fans overvalue their players. And we have some major flawed offenders of this in this very forum.
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2014 6:16:26 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 47
Applause Received: 963

I actually think he is going to resign with the Packers for $3M a year. Doesn't mean I think he is anywhere near the talent of player that is Nelson or Cobb - or that I don't cringe every time he is running with the football. James Jones is damn lucky our defense held out in the Eagles and Steelers playoff games in 2010, or his touchdown drops would have sent him into the unemployment line that season where he got very little free agent interest. Like I've said many times, Packers fans overvalue their players. And we have some major flawed offenders of this in this very forum.

I haven't really seen anybody here "overvaluing" James Jones. It seems to me like most here have been saying he's a decent WR and would be nice to keep but wouldn't be heartbroken if he left. Seems more like you are just inventing those people so you can be the edgy negative guy or something. Like you are just waiting for someone to say anything remotely positive about him so you can jump all over it with your "OMG you guys are overrating him he fumbled in this one game in 2007, everyone things James Jones is the best guy in the NFL" or some such comment.

Weeeee!!
Rss Feed