You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DoddPower  
#46 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 1:41:26 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Applause Given: 1,445
Applause Received: 334

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Can't move forward till this position is addressed IMO. Hitting on a rookie to take up that slack seems a very big gamble. Counting on Sean Richardson to do it is nearly as big a gamble. But, I doubt we actually make a play for Byrd, and we'll be gambling Vegas style. Again.

I suppose this is my bigger point. Richardson looked decent in the pre-season, but has not looked like a starting caliber safety in the actual NFL games he has played so far. Sure, he absolutely may take the next step this off season and become a great player, but it's a big gamble. It's certainly not a gamble I would want to take if my job depended on it. I think Richardson has a ways to go to even be a good back up safety. I think he can be easily exploited in coverage, has stiff hips, and doesn't react fast enough. He's decent at playing the run, though. Perhaps the Packers could get by with that if they still had a player like Nick Collins beside of him, but they don't. They have another average player in Morgan Burnett.

That's just not going to be good enough to get it done. That's leaving a lot up to hoping that multiple players play substantially better than last year, or that some rookies contribute early (assuming no free agents, of course). It could all come together, but I would say the chances are higher that they won't come together perfectly.

Ted's just more of gambler than me, that's all. He's much more trusting of 21-23 year olds than I am. It would make me very nervous.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
yooperfan on 1/27/2014(UTC), Wade on 1/27/2014(UTC)
Offline sschind  
#47 Posted : Monday, January 27, 2014 1:47:58 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 78
Applause Received: 307

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
Thanks to my amazing MS Paint skills(Sarcasm), you can now see what Byrd would look like in a Packers uniform

UserPostedImage

Since he's now a Green Bay Packer, Byrd immediately suffers two serious injuries. Fear not though, Byrd continues to play despite needing a crutch, an arm sling and his foot covered in cast! Look at him run that ball!

And he still plays better than any Packer safety did in 2013

I fully respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.