play2win
10 years ago

Well, I guess ole Bob has changed his tune since he wrote the now "infamous" Packers can win without Aaron Rodgers" story.

Or is it he is just trying to make the fans forget HOW WRONG HE WAS then and next year, with a little luck, The Packers stay farly healthy, he will once again have written a "I'm just a dumbass writer trying to appease the fans" article.

Let's see how long "these elite teams" stay that way when all thier 1st round top 5 draft picks start demanding more money than a team can afford.

Down year, still North Champions, did everything but "win" their playoff game", which is a hell of a lot better than the 2 prior years where they forgot to show up.

Hell, I may be in the minority here, but after a certain point,(15 guys ir'ed), I was impressed with the Heart and Desire of the guys left playing.

Outmanned and playing with a bunch of "Babies" and career "backups", they still managed to make it to The Playoffs, that is all anyone can ask.

NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO PANIC!!!!!!!

There will be changes this offseason, but IMHO, not as drastic as some may want or think.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

That's all well and good, but look a little closer and we are in serious trouble. We did not beat a single team with a winning record. We've had 4 picks on D in Rounds 1 and 2 over the past two years at key areas of need, and not one of them did anything exceptional for us this season. Not one. Not a single player out of those 4 made a real impact on this defense in 2013.

We have a HC who refuses to part ways with coaches on his staff who are not performing up to task. The status quo is not good. How do you expect to see change for the better when there will be no change?

Until I see some real commitment from this staff to change their ways, we are unfortunately in for much of the same. No key FA acquisitions. No turnaround in a Strength & Conditioning staff that has left us with the most adjusted games lost in the NFL for 4 years running. No change in DC. Our defense has set all-time NFL records for futility over these past 3 seasons, and last season showed very little change there. Its not like we're ticking up, getting better.

I don't see it. And, barking about winning the NFC North? Really? I'm happy we did win it, but, wow. The rest of the division is a laughing stock.

Offensively, I thought we did some good things this season. Got a running game going. Got an OL together that was serviceable. We sure weren't road graders, but we saw an improvement. Boykins came on as a 4th WR and did well. And, Rodgers was good when healthy enough to play.

Aside from that, we pretty much sucked. Even on offense we had questionable play calling and game time mismanagement from and experienced HC. How many pre-snap penalties did we get at crucial moments during games? 12 men on the field, twice in a row? Our clock management was suspect at the end of the first half during our playoff loss to SF. How?

Defensively, we didn't get the job done, and we looked to have gaping holes at a number of position groups on our D. We showed heart in beating DAL and CHI teams that continually choke under pressure. That is pretty much it.

There is an awful lot that needs fixing this offseason and regular season. How will we be healthier next season? How will we not telegraph our intentions to the opposition? The good teams we played knew exactly what we were going to do, and we too often failed to execute. We looked out classed, and let's face it, we were. Exactly how is that going to change?

Personnel acquisition philosophy needs to change as well as coaching philosophy, and hopefully some staff that will perform better, and get more results from our players. Hopefully we add new, top tier talent. Will that happen? How?

No one got the job done last year, from Ted on down to the coaching staff and the players. Time for some real change on this Packers team.

The Patriots won 3 Super Bowls since 2001. Their coaching staff is better, their personnel staff is not bound to using only young draftees and UDFAs, they are fluid, willing to take risks with trades and signings, and their players have a professional attitude in going about their work at game time. We should have won at least two during Rodgers' tenure to date. Yet, we've surrounded him with inexperienced draftees and complacent coaching and personnel staffs.

We need vets who can show our younger players the way to win, the way to prepare, and we need a staff, both in coaching and in personnel, who is accountable, who will exhaust all of their energies and resources to win. I hope we see these changes. But, my expectations have been lowered, beaten down after three years of the same old BS lip service. I want to see this team change for the better. Both Ted and Mike might be too stuck in their ways for that to happen...
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (10h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (11h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (13h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (14h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (16h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (17h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Around The NFL / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.