You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Rockmolder  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 11:47:23 AM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Netherlands

Applause Given: 143
Applause Received: 215

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Selective point? You went back TEN years, I went back just a few and used the Packers to boot! You're being selective.

Do analysis on all 10 drafts from the top 16 selected, you can even omit the Lions picks because well I don't think that's fair to anyone lol

Here you go. It still doesn't really prove that much, as there are so many variables. Teams in the 2nd part of the draft generally draft better, so their percentage should be higher. Reaches on QBs in the top 15. Both skew it favorably for the 2nd part of the first round.

The Pro Bowl, on the other side, is still very much a hype contest. Easier to get into when you're already hyped as a top 10 pick.

Anyway, I remember Rourke doing a thread on statistics meeting football a couple of years ago. This thing is far from in depth, so if anyone feels a bit bored now that the season is over, feel free to add on to it.

EDIT: This download site sucks, but I can't upload anything on PH. Keep getting "String or binary data would be truncated".

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6foel2
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, January 8, 2014 11:52:08 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,738
Applause Received: 1,779

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
Here you go. It still doesn't really prove that much, as there are so many variables. Teams in the 2nd part of the draft generally draft better, so their percentage should be higher. Reaches on QBs in the top 15. Both skew it favorably for the 2nd part of the first round.

The Pro Bowl, on the other side, is still very much a hype contest. Easier to get into when you're already hyped as a top 10 pick.

Anyway, I remember Rourke doing a thread on statistics meeting football a couple of years ago. This thing is far from in depth, so if anyone feels a bit bored now that the season is over, feel free to add on to it.

Did you find that thread by Rourke?

I do get your point that the higher you select, the more fish you have to choose from. I just vehemently disagree that the Packers didn't win. Besides, does it really matter with Ted Thompson drafting? His 1st round picks haven't been ringers regardless of 5th overall or 32nd overall.

I wonder if teams drafting in top half of the draft would have more players in the Pro Bowl because chances are they have to play right away.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!