Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online cheeseheads123  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 9:59:46 AM(UTC)
cheeseheads123

Applause Given: 69
Applause Received: 114

Originally Posted by: luigis Go to Quoted Post
I would invite you to take a look at the few games Hayward played this year and see not his plays but the look on the other players whenever he decided not to tackle.
I hope to be wrong but I sense bad chemistry between him and the rest of the team.

Hard to have/build chemistry when you are out the majority of the season.
UserPostedImage
Offline steveishere  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:08:34 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 47
Applause Received: 963

Originally Posted by: luigis Go to Quoted Post
I would invite you to take a look at the few games Hayward played this year and see not his plays but the look on the other players whenever he decided not to tackle.
I hope to be wrong but I sense bad chemistry between him and the rest of the team.

I see absolutely nothing to back this up. You are basically just making things up.
Offline luigis  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:17:29 AM(UTC)
luigis

Applause Given: 92
Applause Received: 95

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
I see absolutely nothing to back this up. You are basically just making things up.

I'm telling you what I feel, and what I see. You can agree or disagree of course.
Luis
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:23:24 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 436

As long as Dom sticks around there's not much reason to hope for much out of any rookies or inexperienced players on D. The guy hates playing young guys and pretty much the only way for those guys to get many snaps are if they are SIGNIFICANTLY better than a vet at their position or if vets ahead of them get injured. I mean it took 4 weeks for Matthews and Hayward to break the line up and they were legitamate ROY candidates. If you aren't that good off the bat you aren't really getting on the field much at all. So I'm not gonna worry too much about guys not playing right away. The important thing is Datone showed those flashes of talent (Boyd too) and hopefully can make the step up in year 2. After year 1 I'm pretty optomistic that we overall had a great rookie class this year. If the 2012 group can stay pretty healthy it definitely looks like we are on the way up as far as talented youth.

This aggravated the hell out of me over the final month of the season. If you're desperate to make a stand like this team was and get some Ws, you start playing guys regardless of where they're drafted and how they're paid. And if you don't get those wins, then at the least you know what to work on next year.

We didn't draft Jones to be on the kickoff unit, we drafted him to be a three down 3-4 lineman who could stop the run and rush the passer. He may not have set the world on fire and been bad at times, but I find it hard to believe he couldn't have contributed as much as the fat lump known as BJ Raji.

Or hell, look at Josh Boyd. Dude has a great game in Dallas, gets snaps against Pitt and then bam, back down to less than 10 snaps on D vs the Bears even though Forte went over 100 yards with an average of 5 yards a carry.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Offline play2win  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:30:21 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
This aggravated the hell out of me over the final month of the season. If you're desperate to make a stand like this team was and get some Ws, you start playing guys regardless of where they're drafted and how they're paid. And if you don't get those wins, then at the least you know what to work on next year.

We didn't draft Jones to be on the kickoff unit, we drafted him to be a three down 3-4 lineman who could stop the run and rush the passer. He may not have set the world on fire and been bad at times, but I find it hard to believe he couldn't have contributed as much as the fat lump known as BJ Raji.

Or hell, look at Josh Boyd. Dude has a great game in Dallas, gets snaps against Pitt and then bam, back down to less than 10 snaps on D vs the Bears even though Forte went over 100 yards with an average of 5 yards a carry.

Add Sean Richardson to that list. The kid barely had a chance, but played better than MD Jennings. Yet, Jennings starts… after two benchings. Unreal.
Offline steveishere  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:34:22 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 47
Applause Received: 963

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
Add Sean Richardson to that list. The kid barely had a chance, but played better than MD Jennings. Yet, Jennings starts… after two benchings. Unreal.

"but MD Jennings has the experience"
-Dom Capers
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:36:21 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 355
Applause Received: 436

-Dom Capers

Yeah, riding guys for 3-4 yards on "tackle" attempts.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 1/7/2014(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 10:40:49 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

-Dom Capers

Yeah. Amazing. Part of the reason why I would like to see a new DC. Does playing only veteran, experienced players align with a GM who continually trots out the youngest team in the NFL, year after year? Nope. And, how much more experienced is MD Jennings really?

Capers, while he may be an old school defensive mastermind, he is still old school, and we've all come to question the mastermind part. New blood at DC could improve this team.

I'm disappointed we didn't get to see the Vandy teammates Hayward and Richardson together working the field this season. Maybe next season...
Offline DoddPower  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 1:56:09 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,040
Applause Received: 509

For the life of me, I couldn't understand why Raji continually got so many snaps despite his poor play. Where is the accountability? Either the other guys must have looked very bad in practice, or they were just hoping Raji would finally turn things around. I would personally like to see more hard-ass decisions, but what do I know.
Offline luigis  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:11:17 PM(UTC)
luigis

Applause Given: 92
Applause Received: 95

This is a really good point.
Why do we go change the defense every time it starts to work well?

The case you mention with Boyd is a very valid one.
Another case is the good play from House and Hyde we got when Hayward was injured, he returned from injury and House was benched. Why?

If the message is that what you do on the field does not matter to decide who is going to be the starter next game then we have a huge problem.
Luis
Rss Feed