Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sschind  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 2:10:21 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 100
Applause Received: 388

Even though I spend way too much time on them I really do not like computers. I firmly believe that a lot of the problems our society faces today can be traced back to the personal computer and world wide access to just about everything. No I am not going to go into details on what I mean.

What prompted this little rant you may ask. I just spent about 20 minutes drafting a well thought out rational, polite (at least I think it was well thought out rational and polite) response to the Phil Robertson thread. All of a sudden boom, I get some sort of stupid RTS time out error BS garbage that loses everything. This is why I have no solid objects around my computer. Replacing monitors is expensive.

You guys are great and all and I do enjoy the discussions but no offense, if I didn't know you existed I don't think my life would be any less fulfilled. Well maybe a little less but I wouldn't know so it wouldn't matter.

Its your loss though. The worlds loss actually. I know my insight would have been an eye opener for everyone. It may have even provided the impetus for both sides coming together on this issue and forging new ground toward everlasting world peace and harmony. As it is I am so pissed I can't bring myself to re type it all. So keep that in mind when we are all foraging for survival in the nuclear winter that could have been prevented simply by having a computer that didn't screw up. You can thank Bill Gates now.

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Sponsor
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 3:27:11 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Even though I spend way too much time on them I really do not like computers. I firmly believe that a lot of the problems our society faces today can be traced back to the personal computer and world wide access to just about everything. No I am not going to go into details on what I mean.

What prompted this little rant you may ask. I just spent about 20 minutes drafting a well thought out rational, polite (at least I think it was well thought out rational and polite) response to the Phil Robertson thread. All of a sudden boom, I get some sort of stupid RTS time out error BS garbage that loses everything. This is why I have no solid objects around my computer. Replacing monitors is expensive.

You guys are great and all and I do enjoy the discussions but no offense, if I didn't know you existed I don't think my life would be any less fulfilled. Well maybe a little less but I wouldn't know so it wouldn't matter.

Its your loss though. The worlds loss actually. I know my insight would have been an eye opener for everyone. It may have even provided the impetus for both sides coming together on this issue and forging new ground toward everlasting world peace and harmony. As it is I am so pissed I can't bring myself to re type it all. So keep that in mind when we are all foraging for survival in the nuclear winter that could have been prevented simply by having a computer that didn't screw up. You can thank Bill Gates now.

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone

I hope you find a way to redo your post. I've had either the same or something similar happen - a white screen with a lot of computer words come on - and just clicking the back arrow returns me to the screen I'm writing on.

Thank you for the civility and effort - even if you probably were gonna come down on the wrong side of the issue hahahaha.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline sschind  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 10:00:41 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 100
Applause Received: 388

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
I hope you find a way to redo your post. I've had either the same or something similar happen - a white screen with a lot of computer words come on - and just clicking the back arrow returns me to the screen I'm writing on.

Thank you for the civility and effort - even if you probably were gonna come down on the wrong side of the issue hahahaha.

I think you would have been surprised although I did lay into you a little bit. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline Mucky Tundra  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 11:27:12 PM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 300
Applause Received: 366

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post

I refuse to get a smart phone no matter how cheap and/or recommended they are to me because I already spend too much time on my computer and the internet. I don't want to be able to access it at all times.

Probably not what you're thinking of but I think sorta see where you're going with your post.
May not have the best looking number...but it's the sexiest! -David Bakhtiari
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed