Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages«<456
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline beast  
#76 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 3:54:37 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 250
Applause Received: 312

To me Richardson and Hyde are sort of opposite in their coverage skills...

Hyde can twist and turn with great stop and start skills and quickness to boot but struggles with pure straight line speed. Like a little supped up car that can handle with the best of them and turn on a dime but doesn't have the huge speed engine.

Richardson on the other hand has the pure straight line speed but he struggles to keep the speed up on turns and start and stopping. Like a drag racer car that's only set up going to go straight and struggles with the curve roads.

Richardson not being able to handle curves nearly as well and his tight hips are always going to hurt him in coverage. But I think he might have more potential as well in different type roles. Such as maybe as a coverage ILB... or maybe a single deep zone FS role... yes I said FS and I know some might think I'm crazy but let me explain.

I think Richardson would struggled with a man to man FS role as I'm sure most of you would as well... but as a single deep Safety in a deep zone roll (which GB hasn't used a lot recently), the FS mainly hang back and wait for the QB to throw it and use their pure speed to get over to the ball or WR and take it out like a missile.... Richardson has the speed and the missile part down already and basically the deep zone FS is like a speed demon LB, which Richardson is.

Of course like I said I haven't seen Capers use much of it lately... as they prefer two Safeties normal depth Safeties... but the Packers have done the single deep Safety role in the past with the Packers.

It was a 2-4 nickel defense... where both OLBers moved up to the DL and Nick Collins moved up to the ILBers making it look like a 4-3 looking set up with 3 CBs and one deep Safety. I think Richardson might be able to play the deep Safety or the Safety that lined up with the LB there.

But again Capers doesn't use the single deep zone FS role a lot... so that's probably off the table from simple not using it enough.

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 2 applause.
DoddPower on 8/24/2014(UTC), DarkaneRules on 8/24/2014(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#77 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 4:35:41 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 354

You're the best beast!
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline sschind  
#78 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 4:54:25 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 422

Originally Posted by: beast Go to Quoted Post
To me Richardson and Hyde are sort of opposite in their coverage skills...

Hyde can twist and turn with great stop and start skills and quickness to boot but struggles with pure straight line speed. Like a little supped up car that can handle with the best of them and turn on a dime but doesn't have the huge speed engine.

Richardson on the other hand has the pure straight line speed but he struggles to keep the speed up on turns and start and stopping. Like a drag racer car that's only set up going to go straight and struggles with the curve roads.

Richardson not being able to handle curves nearly as well and his tight hips are always going to hurt him in coverage. But I think he might have more potential as well in different type roles. Such as maybe as a coverage ILB... or maybe a single deep zone FS role... yes I said FS and I know some might think I'm crazy but let me explain.

I think Richardson would struggled with a man to man FS role as I'm sure most of you would as well... but as a single deep Safety in a deep zone roll (which GB hasn't used a lot recently), the FS mainly hang back and wait for the QB to throw it and use their pure speed to get over to the ball or WR and take it out like a missile.... Richardson has the speed and the missile part down already and basically the deep zone FS is like a speed demon LB, which Richardson is.

Of course like I said I haven't seen Capers use much of it lately... as they prefer two Safeties normal depth Safeties... but the Packers have done the single deep Safety role in the past with the Packers.

It was a 2-4 nickel defense... where both OLBers moved up to the DL and Nick Collins moved up to the ILBers making it look like a 4-3 looking set up with 3 CBs and one deep Safety. I think Richardson might be able to play the deep Safety or the Safety that lined up with the LB there.

But again Capers doesn't use the single deep zone FS role a lot... so that's probably off the table from simple not using it enough.

You mean Richardsons and Hydes right.Big Grin

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Online Zero2Cool  
#79 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:52:22 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

Seems like the Safeties coach is on board, are you?

Darren Perry wrote:
Sean's been consistent and has probably had the most splash plays of anyone in the group. He's playing with a lot more confidence than I've ever seen him have, and he's playing with lower pad level. When you're a big safety like that and you stand tall you look a little slow.
UserPostedImage
Offline DoddPower  
#80 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 2:00:58 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,040
Applause Received: 514

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Seems like the Safeties coach is on board, are you?

I'll be "on board" when I see him consistently making plays in the regular season. Until then, a quote from any coach, player, or general manager means very little to me. Hopefully at minimum they utilize him effectively in certain packages designed to best-utilize his skill-set.
Rss Feed