Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
6 Pages«<3456>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DarkaneRules  
#61 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 11:44:45 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 354

Flynn showed his weaknesses. They were on full display for all to see. We were completely dominated up front so it wasn't just one person to blame. Everyone had a hand in it.

What I wonder and will ask you guys is this: Does anyone recall a play yesterday where the Lions rushed just four guys or was it just my perception at the time that it always looked like there were at least 5 guys crashing down on our o-line every snap? It looked like an all out assault.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline Zero2Cool  
#62 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 1:27:06 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Methodically moving the chains is the type of offense we need and Matt Flynn can do that.

Yeah, so about that ...

I'm convinced the Packers are trying to ruin my fantasy football season. I was doing pretty well and then Aaron Rodgers got hurt.

I then picked up Seneca Wallace. Guess what, first series after his first start, he's out!!

I picked up Scott Tolzien for the week after. 339 yards gave me hope against the poor Vikings passing defense. What happens? He gets yanked!!

I picked up Matt Flynn as he was named starter for this week. Hey, he did well last time against them right?

He didn't even get me 1.5 points!!!!

My Packers playoff hopes and my fantasy team hopes went down the dang drain with Rodgers. Both Ted Thompson and I failed to cement the backup QB position!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DarkaneRules on 11/29/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#63 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 1:48:37 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,630
Applause Received: 654

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
Flynn showed his weaknesses. They were on full display for all to see. We were completely dominated up front so it wasn't just one person to blame. Everyone had a hand in it.

What I wonder and will ask you guys is this: Does anyone recall a play yesterday where the Lions rushed just four guys or was it just my perception at the time that it always looked like there were at least 5 guys crashing down on our o-line every snap? It looked like an all out assault.

The Loins just have a really good DL.

We all know Mike's never gonna use screens, traps and draws to get them pursuing sideline to sideline and wear them down. But why not roll Flynn out from time to time? My god man, move that fucking pocket.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline nerdmann  
#64 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 1:49:28 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Yeah, so about that ...

I'm convinced the Packers are trying to ruin my fantasy football season. I was doing pretty well and then Aaron Rodgers got hurt.

I then picked up Seneca Wallace. Guess what, first series after his first start, he's out!!

I picked up Scott Tolzien for the week after. 339 yards gave me hope against the poor Vikings passing defense. What happens? He gets yanked!!

I picked up Matt Flynn as he was named starter for this week. Hey, he did well last time against them right?

My Packers playoff hopes and my fantasy team hopes went down the dang drain with Rodgers. Both Ted Thompson and I failed to cement the backup QB position!

This whole thing is YOUR fault, not McGinn's!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool on 11/29/2013(UTC)
Offline dhazer  
#65 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 1:59:36 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 48
Applause Received: 203

Yeah, so about that ...

I would feel sorry for you but your the one that put the restrictions on how many qbs you can have on your team to stop me so guess what. Enjoy watching the playoffs lol

UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#66 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 2:06:41 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Originally Posted by: dhazer Go to Quoted Post
I would feel sorry for you but your the one that put the restrictions on how many qbs you can have on your team to stop me so guess what. Enjoy watching the playoffs lol

lol to stop you? Are you serious? You do know we have FOURTEEN teams in the league with 32 "starting" quarterbacks, right?

You've played fantasy football long enough, I shouldn't have to explain such elementary logic to you.

I could have used my second slot on a backup quarterback, but rolled the dice with whomever the Packers were starting. I even had Alex Smith for awhile, but not sure why I cut him unless it was for Seneca Wallace. BRILLIANT!! LoL

btw, I am IN the playoffs ... I just don't see myself getting past the first round lol
UserPostedImage
Offline DarkaneRules  
#67 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 2:24:28 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 211
Applause Received: 354

It wasn't the kind of game for Flynn. It was lost early and it was lost up front. Anything cute you try to do will get sniffed out sooner or later. Like the screen game, after the first screen, the next ones went for nothing. Lions played out of their minds Thursday.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
Offline dhazer  
#68 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 4:01:51 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

lol to stop you? Are you serious? You do know we have FOURTEEN teams in the league with 32 "starting" quarterbacks, right?

You've played fantasy football long enough, I shouldn't have to explain such elementary logic to you.

I could have used my second slot on a backup quarterback, but rolled the dice with whomever the Packers were starting. I even had Alex Smith for awhile, but not sure why I cut him unless it was for Seneca Wallace. BRILLIANT!! LoL

btw, I am IN the playoffs ... I just don't see myself getting past the first round lol

You put the rule in because the year before I drafted the top 3 qbs with my first 3 picks and you got mad lol

UserPostedImage

Offline DoddPower  
#69 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 5:46:54 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,048
Applause Received: 514

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
The Loins just have a really good DL.

We all know Mike's never gonna use screens, traps and draws to get them pursuing sideline to sideline and wear them down. But why not roll Flynn out from time to time? My god man, move that fucking pocket.

They attempted several screens against the Lions. One or two worked, but overall, the Packers just suck at screens. It doesn't surprise me they're not called more often. For whatever reason, the Packers just suck at them.
Offline nerdmann  
#70 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 5:56:22 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
They attempted several screens against the Lions. One or two worked, but overall, the Packers just suck at screens. It doesn't surprise me they're not called more often. For whatever reason, the Packers just suck at them.

I counted three, that weren't to WRs.

They suck at them, because they don't practice them.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#71 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 6:55:50 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

You put the rule in because the year before I drafted the top 3 qbs with my first 3 picks and you got mad lol

You seriously believe it was because of you? That's adorable. If I were to make a rule it would be that when you play me in the regular season I have a 30 handicap lol

That rule was for the league.
UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#72 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 8:10:23 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 422

Just curious, how did you do with that strategy. the only way I can see that having a remote chance to work is if you start 2 qbs.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
DoddPower on 11/29/2013(UTC)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#73 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 9:48:43 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Just curious, how did you do with that strategy. the only way I can see that having a remote chance to work is if you start 2 qbs.

I can't wait for this answer lol (I already know, but I really want to hear him say it)
UserPostedImage
Offline sschind  
#74 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 8:55:23 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 422

I can't wait for this answer lol (I already know, but I really want to hear him say it)

Thanks Zero, I think you've answered my question but I'd like to hear it from the horse's mouth as well.Smile

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline dhazer  
#75 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:46:37 AM(UTC)
dhazer

I think Zero beat me out in the playoffs
UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool on 11/30/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed