Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#16 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 1:16:56 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 305
Applause Received: 423

This whole situation reminds me so much of early 2010.

Packers were just embarrased in Tampa Bay.

Players were falling like flies, fans were calling for Ted Thompsons head, among others.

Veterans like Donald Driver and Woody called a player only meeting and whatever they said worked.

I just don't know if there is a strong leadership on this team.

Talking to the media is one thing, saying the play was unnacceptable.

There comes a point where the team leaders need to step up and call out each and everyone.

Firing the DC in mid-season does little, we all know these guys have talent, we've seen it displayed time and time again, imho, a lot of these guys don't know how to react to all the adversity.

Those that went through it in 2010 need to step up now.

If it takes a player only Come To Jesus meeting, then hopefully someone steps up and calls one.

Time to rally around Scott Tolzien, he is the man for now.

Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline DakotaT  
#17 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 1:31:33 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 658
Applause Received: 1,347

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
This whole situation reminds me so much of early 2010.

Packers were just embarrased in Tampa Bay.

Players were falling like flies, fans were calling for Ted Thompsons head, among others.

Veterans like Donald Driver and Woody called a player only meeting and whatever they said worked.

I just don't know if there is a strong leadership on this team.

Talking to the media is one thing, saying the play was unnacceptable.

There comes a point where the team leaders need to step up and call out each and everyone.

Firing the DC in mid-season does little, we all know these guys have talent, we've seen it displayed time and time again, imho, a lot of these guys don't know how to react to all the adversity.

Those that went through it in 2010 need to step up now.

If it takes a player only Come To Jesus meeting, then hopefully someone steps up and calls one.

Time to rally around Scott Tolzien, he is the man for now.

Face. Palm. Rolling On The Floor Laughing Rolling On The Floor Laughing Rolling On The Floor Laughing Rolling On The Floor Laughing Rolling On The Floor Laughing

That senile old bastard needed to be gone 2 years ago already. 2 man rushes on 3 and 15, play soft coverage all the time. He's lucky Wood, Tramon, and Shields had all those picks over the years. His defenses lack testicles and us true fans have been calling for his head for years. Capers does not command respect anymore. Offenses are moving at will on us and for God sakes, running the ball down our throats to end games. See ya Capers, I'm sure your overinflated salary will keep from the breadlines as you move forward.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
hardrocker950 on 11/11/2013(UTC), Mucky Tundra on 11/11/2013(UTC)
Offline dhazer  
#18 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 1:54:37 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 201

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra Go to Quoted Post
Tbh I wouldn't be against Greene getting the DC job. What he would lack in schemes and play calling I think he would make up for in energy, the ability to connect with players and bring a environment of accountability. Like that missed tackle Brad Jones had on the screen pass on 3rd and 7 that broke GBs back. With Capers I get the feeling that Jones won't hear that much about it; if Greene were DC I feel that he would be up Jones ass all week.

Mucky you do know he played most of his career in the Labeau 3-4 the inventor of the 3-4, maybe Greene could bring his toughness to this team and the toughness those Steeler teams had
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline Zero2Cool  
#19 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 2:14:22 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,913
Applause Received: 2,118

Based on McCarthy's presser. Nothing is changing.

Appears LombardiAve was talking out of their ass.
UserPostedImage
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#20 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 2:17:18 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Based on McCarthy's presser. Nothing is changing.

Appears LombardiAve was talking out of their ass.

Really? Wonder if they are a member of packershome "cool club", those guys always seem to be talking out their asses!!!!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 2:23:03 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,913
Applause Received: 2,118

I asked them about the article. They played it like they didn't know anything about it. Now that IS possible, but unlikely. We wouldn't have the snippet IF they didn't publish it.

Edited by user Monday, November 11, 2013 3:58:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
wpr on 11/11/2013(UTC), mi_keys on 11/11/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#22 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 2:27:49 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,966
Applause Received: 1,429

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I asked them about the article. They played it like they didn't know anything about it. Now that IS possible, but unlikely. We wouldn't have the snippet IF they didn't publish it.

most likely they had some inside source like McCarthy's cat and got burnt them big time.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline porky88  
#23 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 2:46:22 PM(UTC)
porky88

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2013Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2014

Applause Given: 189
Applause Received: 379

I would think Darren Perry would be ahead of Winston Moss on a list of possible in-house replacements. The Packers also aren't a team that panics. They'll stick with Capers through the rest of the season.
Offline Bigbyfan  
#24 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 2:57:58 PM(UTC)
Bigbyfan

Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 78

Yet another example of the "quality" work of LombardiAve.

I believe a change should happen. How many years of subpar defense do the Packers have to go through before a change is made? Yes, we had a good defense when the Packers won the Super Bowl, but it has been sh*t since then. Statiscally, it may not look that bad due to the fact we play some bad offenses and back up quarterbacks. We have not shown any ability to stop the good quarterbacks we face. Every year we hear from the coaches the same sh*t about how our defense needs to improve, yet it has not to this point.

Dom Capers has done this wherever he goes. He has a good to great first year with a new team, then steadily declines with each passing year. The guy has not shown the ability to adjust, yet the Packers still keep him around. Maybe a change would help set a fire under these guys. Let everyone know that this defense is unacceptable. It's possible a change won't help, but I don't see how it could possibly hurt us anymore.

The defense and Dom Capers have been able to hide behind the stellar play of Rodgers for years. Now they're being exposed.
blank
thanks Post received 3 applause.
wpr on 11/11/2013(UTC), play2win on 11/11/2013(UTC), Zero2Cool on 11/11/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#25 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 3:02:29 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,966
Applause Received: 1,429

Originally Posted by: Bigbyfan Go to Quoted Post
Yet another example of the "quality" work of LombardiAve.

I believe a change should happen. How many years of subpar defense do the Packers have to go through before a change is made? Yes, we had a good defense when the Packers won the Super Bowl, but it has been sh!t since then. Statiscally, it may not look that bad due to the fact we play some bad offenses and back up quarterbacks. We have not shown any ability to stop the good quarterbacks we face. Every year we hear from the coaches the same sh!t about how our defense needs to improve, yet it has not to this point.

Dom Capers has done this wherever he goes. He has a good to great first year with a new team, then steadily declines with each passing year. The guy has not shown the ability to adjust, yet the Packers still keep him around. Maybe a change would help set a fire under these guys. Let everyone know that this defense is unacceptable. It's possible a change won't help, but I don't see how it could possibly hurt us anymore.

The defense and Dom Capers have been able to hide behind the stellar play of Rodgers for years. Now they're being exposed.

I was just thinking about this too.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline DakotaT  
#26 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 7:14:40 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Really? Wonder if they are a member of packershome "cool club", those guys always seem to be talking out their asses!!!!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Please enlighten us with some of those faggy stats you're so proud of that show what an awesome defense we have.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/11/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#27 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:25:32 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Please enlighten us with some of those faggy stats you're so proud of that show what an awesome defense we have.

Pleas enlighten me on where I mentioned any stat about The Packers defense and where I called The Packer Defense awesome.

I gave my opinion on letting a DC go during the season, I also stated I felt the veterans on the team needed to step up and address the problem with the whole team.

That is just my opinion.

hmmm, I guess I hit a nerve with my remark about how your self-proclaimed "cool club" had a 3rd member.

Truth hurts sometimes, sorry.Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Offline DakotaT  
#28 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:34:36 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Pleas enlighten me on where I mentioned any stat about The Packers defense and where I called The Packer Defense awesome.

I gave my opinion on letting a DC go during the season, I also stated I felt the veterans on the team needed to step up and address the problem with the whole team.

That is just my opinion.

hmmm, I guess I hit a nerve with my remark about how your self-proclaimed "cool club" had a 3rd member.

Truth hurts sometimes, sorry.Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

You don't hit nerves, Buckeye and you also have no sense of humor and lack personality - I just think you know a lot less about football then you think you do. We have not fielded a shut down defense in a very long time, and Capers needs to hit the bricks because accountability lies on his shoulders. I'm quite positive the "club" that feels this way is growing by the day. But I do think it's cute that you think you have an effect on me, little Buckaroo!
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/11/2013(UTC)
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#29 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:43:10 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
You don't hit nerves, Buckeye and you also have no sense of humor and lack personality - I just think you know a lot less about football then you think you do. We have not fielded a shut down defense in a very long time, and Capers needs to hit the bricks because accountability lies on his shoulders. I'm quite positive the "club" that feels this way is growing by the day. But I do think it's cute that you think you have an effect on me, little Buckaroo!

Right there it is, you just wrote it and don't even realize what you said.

Look at your post and try and figure it out, if you can't, then get the help from your "growing" club.
Offline dhazer  
#30 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:59:38 PM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 201

I can get on Dakotas nerves lol speaking of getting on nerves where has LTF and DFoster been?
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)