Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Online DoddPower  
#16 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 5:04:20 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 1,957
Applause Received: 468

Originally Posted by: luigis Go to Quoted Post
Again this? Flynn can't play anymore he is done in the NFL because of his elbow.

Man, you sure do have some inside information! Flynn's career is done due to an injury! I wish I had your sources.
Offline beast  
#17 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 5:04:36 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 193
Applause Received: 288

Originally Posted by: Bigbyfan Go to Quoted Post
The real question is Matt Flynn or Seneca Wallace as the reserve? My answer for that is Matt Flynn.

I think it depends on Flynn's arm and if he's injured and if so how bad... but I wouldn't mind taking a good look at Flynn AND OTHERS.

Also look at others on practice squad.

Others could include

Vince Young
Matt Scott in Jacksonville PS
Tyler Wilson in Oakland PS
Chandler Harnish in Indianapolis PS
Greg McElroy in Cincinnati PS
Ricky Stanzi
others that I've never heard of...
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline nerdmann  
#18 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 5:10:38 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,485
Applause Received: 623

All things being equal, I'd take Flynn over Harrell.

If Flynn's arm really is toast, it's probably about the same as Harrell's. But Flynn isn't intimidated just by being on an NFL field.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline luigis  
#19 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 5:17:33 PM(UTC)
luigis

Applause Given: 84
Applause Received: 86

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
Man, you sure do have some inside information! Flynn's career is done due to an injury! I wish I had your sources.

I think he would have started for us today and been signed long before had he been healthy.
He could start in Buffalo or Oakland, isn't that enough?
Luis
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#20 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 5:18:21 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 178

Wait so Flynns arm will never recover from his injury?
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 11/10/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#21 Posted : Sunday, November 10, 2013 5:40:18 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post

Unknown.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#22 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:12:57 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,889
Applause Received: 2,087

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post

Outside of Matt Flynn and his doctors, I don't think anyone has this answer. If Packers don't sign him, then we can pretty much assume your answer would be, no.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower on 11/11/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#23 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:28:23 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,885
Applause Received: 1,397

Originally Posted by: schroeder84 Go to Quoted Post
I was pleased with Scott Tolzien today - he was in no way perfect, but for a first go 'round with next to no practice and a new promotion from the practice squad, it was a decent enough day. I would like to see him play more. It's not that I dislike Matt Flynn, but even if they sign him Monday, he still has to get up to speed with this year's personnel and offense. So, no matter if they sign Flynn or recycle Seneca Wallace, I would like to see Tolzien get the start next week. Hopefully with a week's practice with whoever is left alive on the 1st team will help to make next week a better week for him and see his emergence as a decent backup.

says it all.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Zero2Cool  
#24 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 6:33:27 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,889
Applause Received: 2,087

Originally Posted by: Bigbyfan Go to Quoted Post
Tolzien has proven to me that he is a capable backup. He'll probably show more improvement with a week with the 1st team.

Tolzien has never thrown for 280 yards in college or the pro's before. I think his passing attempts was a career high when factoring in college too.

Seem like a lot to ask of a guy who a week ago was on the practice squad and took minimal snaps as the starter.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 2 applause.
play2win on 11/11/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 11/11/2013(UTC)
Offline dhazer  
#25 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 7:27:06 AM(UTC)
dhazer

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2013Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2009PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 195

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post

Thats why Flynn is on his way to Green Bay for a workout today? Maybe they are making a qb coaching change.
UserPostedImage

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be :)
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#26 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 7:50:14 AM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 357

Right now we have a QB that knows the playbook and can't play in Rodgers. We don't need that in a backup with Flynn as well.

I was rather pleasantly surprised with Tolzien. He has a much stronger arm than I remember. For the most part he made some nice decisions with the ball. Sure he also made a couple poor ones but how much can you expect from somebody who was on the practice squad a week ago.

He zipped some nice passes, threw with some touch at times, and the sidearm to Kuhn showed some nice improve. He managed the offense very well, moving up and down the field more than a couple times.

If a couple PIs get called, who knows.

The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
play2win on 11/11/2013(UTC)
Offline play2win  
#27 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 8:23:20 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

I, too, was super impressed with Tolzien. All things considered, he did a decent job. I would stick with him.

This game was a classic clusterfrick. Losing EDS and Barclay hurt, for sure. Oh well. All we need to do is steal 2 or 3 wins in our next 4 games. That would give us a shot at 10-6 or 11-5 with a healthy return of Rodgers and some others.

@NYG
MIN
@DET
ATL

Maybe we split that. Maybe we surprise one of those teams and steal one, getting 3 wins in these next 4. Maybe, we win them all… wishful thinking, but possible.
Offline nerdmann  
#28 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 9:01:13 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Originally Posted by: play2win Go to Quoted Post
I, too, was super impressed with Tolzien. All things considered, he did a decent job. I would stick with him.

This game was a classic clusterfrick. Losing EDS and Barclay hurt, for sure. Oh well. All we need to do is steal 2 or 3 wins in our next 4 games. That would give us a shot at 10-6 or 11-5 with a healthy return of Rodgers and some others.

@NYG
MIN
@DET
ATL

Maybe we split that. Maybe we surprise one of those teams and steal one, getting 3 wins in these next 4. Maybe, we win them all… wishful thinking, but possible.

If we can't beat Minny, we don't deserve the playoffs.

If I'm Mike, I shitcan Seneca last night, bring in Flynn as the backup. Ok, maybe take a look at Flynn first. If Flynn can't go it, call Graham Harrell.

I've heard Flynn's got tendinitis in the elbow. That's treatable with alternative modalities like acupuncture. I've got some special kung fu linimints and stuff that could help. I got scar tissue in my arm from baseball, and if I needle my arm first, it's a huge difference.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#29 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 9:29:02 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 294
Applause Received: 411

There is another option!!!!!

Make the call Ted!!!!
Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’.
Offline play2win  
#30 Posted : Monday, November 11, 2013 9:43:48 AM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 725

We have been nothing but tonic to the Giants when they are ailing. Now they are coming off of 3 straight wins… would love to shock them and take them down in their house. It is a dream, but I would love to see it happen. Tolzien or Flynn. Doesn't matter to me. Get somebody ready to manage the game and hand the ball off!!!!

On another note, why is Mike McCarthy asking our 3rd string QB to make these back shoulder throws to a WR running a post in the back of the end zone and expecting him to hit it? There are probably 7 QBs playing now that can make those throws. It is almost as if McCarthy refuses to change his game plan. Refuses to recognize he had his 3rd stringer in there, with little to no prep.

Isn't getting your entire team prepared for Sunday part of the job description? Yourself as HC included? Like, what's the plan should Wallace go down? Keep throwing?

wow.
Rss Feed