Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages«<234
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#46 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 8:11:27 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,868
Applause Received: 2,044

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
I was not aware of his negativity toward Aaron Rodgers, and yeah, that alone is a sign of wrongheadedness. However, I've heard him various times on football, basketball, baseball, etc., and generally what he says rings true - more so than what others around him are saying. I have extremely little respect for news media, sports and otherwise, but Bayliss certainly seems no worse than any of the rest of them.

You can't even spell his name properly, Skip Bayless. Obviously you have no respect for him and know even less about him.

Skip Bayless is going the avenue of Eminem 10 years ago. Say something to SHOCK everyone to get attention. Guess what. It made both rich. Think about it. If he were to say something that went in line with most others, would he be noticed? Nope. THAT IS EXACTLY why he goes against the grain. Christ almighty, he even acknowledged it!!

UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#47 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 8:25:17 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 402
Applause Received: 233

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
You can't even spell his name properly, Skip Bayless. Obviously you have no respect for him and know even less about him.

Skip Bayless is going the avenue of Eminem 10 years ago. Say something to SHOCK everyone to get attention. Guess what. It made both rich. Think about it. If he were to say something that went in line with most others, would he be noticed? Nope. THAT IS EXACTLY why he goes against the grain. Christ almighty, he even acknowledged it!!

I plead guilty to the spelling thing hahahaha, and not respecting him or any other "journalist" much either. And I also plead guilty to knowing next to zilch about Eminem (wasn't he that white wannabe who tried to sound black? Or is that somebody else?)

I have heard Bayless talk on a variety of subjects, and he made sense. The shock thing must be something his detractors conjure up because they are jealous of him. Do you have any examples - other than disrespecting Aaron Rodgers?

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Pack93z  
#48 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 8:39:04 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 382
Applause Received: 1,027

I have heard Bayless talk on a variety of subjects, and he made sense. The shock thing must be something his detractors conjure up because they are jealous of him. Do you have any examples - other than disrespecting Aaron Rodgers?

Just a quick example:

Bayless on the ND vs Michigan rivalry: How he followed the games for decades...

Quote:
This is not an historical... Are you kidding me? I mean, I grew up, I couldn't wait for Michigan-Notre Dame, going back to Bubba Smith

First problem.. Bubba Smith played for Michigan State.. second when Smith was in college.. ND and Michigan didn't play.. that entire decade.

He with frame his argument with anything he can get his mouth behind.. even if it is completely incorrect. I think DeadSpin did a piece on him and some of the other ESPN hacks.. how they are so factually incorrect on topics to flat out lying. I think Mark May is one of the targets.

But just listen to him any given day.. his job is to be combative apparently.. regardless how weak his position is.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 11/8/2013(UTC)
#49 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 8:48:21 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Originally Posted by: Pack93z Go to Quoted Post
Just a quick example:

Bayless on the ND vs Michigan rivalry: How he followed the games for decades...

First problem.. Bubba Smith played for Michigan State.. second when Smith was in college.. ND and Michigan didn't play.. that entire decade.

He with frame his argument with anything he can get his mouth behind.. even if it is completely incorrect. I think DeadSpin did a piece on him and some of the other ESPN hacks.. how they are so factually incorrect on topics to flat out lying. I think Mark May is one of the targets.

But just listen to him any given day.. his job is to be combative apparently.. regardless how weak his position is.

OK, good example with the ND/Michigan or MSU thing - I'd call that confusion or stupidity, not shock, but whatever.

As for the combative thing, that's my impression of Steven A on their show - Bayless says something sensible, then Steven A gets pissy about it - not always, but most of the time when I've watched. I wouldn't be surprised if it's all scripted, and even if they reverse roles sometimes, but I still say I have heard more good than bad from him (Bayless).

And on the relevant issue here - Seneca Wallace - they both agreed, he wasn't a decent NFL QB.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#50 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 8:58:50 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

And on the relevant issue here - Seneca Wallace - they both agreed, he wasn't a decent NFL QB.

I'm quite positive most with a heartbeat agree as there aren't even 32 decent starting QB's, it's a little unreasonable to bash a General Manager for NOT having a starting caliber backup in the salary cap age.

However, blindly saying Vince Young would have won the game is just absurd. I don't believe Vince Young plays defense and the defense LOST the game to the Bears. It's that simple.

Packers just need Wallace to play smart football and move the chains. The deep game is gone, it has to be. I didn't see anything wrong with Wallace's arm strength, but I have no confidence in his deep ball, primarily because I haven't seen him attempt one of note.

The football field has to be 10 yards long on every drive. Move the chains, eat clock and let the defense be in full attack mode with being fresh. They do this, they will win.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#51 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 8:59:24 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Sorry..missed the "shock" aspect.. how about this nugget claimed by Bayless.

Quote:
"Tim Tebow is the next Brett Favre!"

For months and months he was proclaiming him to be the next coming.. dismissing the fact that his game needed developing like.. accurate passing.
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#52 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 9:04:33 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Or

Quote:
"I'm totally against taking America-born white players in the first round of the draft."

Or..

Quote:
"One day, when Manti Te'o, the Next Ray Lewis, has retired after 15 or so NFL seasons as a perennial Pro Bowler,

Or

Quote:
"I've been consistent w/ this for 4 years: I think VYoung a little better QB than MVick, whose very good but now a little overhyped"

Or

Quote:
"Melo proving again he's a better all-around scorer than LeBron."

He speaks things just to get a reaction..

UserPostedImage
Online steveishere  
#53 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 9:06:08 AM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 867

Don't forget he didn't think Lebron James was a top 5 NBA player
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Pack93z on 11/8/2013(UTC)
#54 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 10:09:08 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Or

Or..

Or

Or

He speaks things just to get a reaction..

OK, you win about Bayless - my original post wasn't about defending him, and I'm tired of doing it.

He AND Steven A did get it right, however, and pretty much everybody else commenting on TV just kinda takes it for granted that going with Seneca Wallace is a losing proposition.

BTW, saying Tebow was the next Favre was over the top, but Tebow IS better than maybe half a dozen QBs starting and most of the backups in the NFL today. Does THAT shock you? hahahaha

Offline Zero2Cool  
#55 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 10:31:58 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

OK, you win about Bayless - my original post wasn't about defending him, and I'm tired of doing it.

He AND Steven A did get it right, however, and pretty much everybody else commenting on TV just kinda takes it for granted that going with Seneca Wallace is a losing proposition.

BTW, saying Tebow was the next Favre was over the top, but Tebow IS better than maybe half a dozen QBs starting and most of the backups in the NFL today. Does THAT shock you? hahahaha

Skip Bayless said Tim Tebow was the next Brett Favre as in being over hyped by the media, not quarterback. I faintly remember that comment.

If Tim Tebow were better than half dozen starting QB's and most backups, he'd be employed by an NFL team. He is not.
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#56 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 11:02:04 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

United States

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Skip Bayless said Tim Tebow was the next Brett Favre as in being over hyped by the media, not quarterback. I faintly remember that comment.

Not how I remember it.. Bayless was a his biggest fan... Railed on the Broncos for giving up on him.. then the Jets if memory serves me.

But I could be wrong.. I can handle Bayless (and Steven A) for only so long.. actually I only tune in when it becomes completely bananas in terms of absurd.

Edited by user Friday, November 8, 2013 11:16:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#57 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 11:35:44 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Not how I remember it.. Bayless was a his biggest fan... Railed on the Broncos for giving up on him.. then the Jets if memory serves me.

But I could be wrong.. I can handle Bayless (and Steven A) for only so long.. actually I only tune in when it becomes completely bananas in terms of absurd.

Apparently it wasn't Skip Bayless then. I don't think I've ever listened to him unless he was on Around The Horn. Which he was kind of a dipstick there.

http://www.faniq.com/blo...t-Brett-Favre-Blog-17879

UserPostedImage
Rss Feed