Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline steveishere  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 6:57:38 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Posts: 1,532
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 791

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Vince Young is something like 31-13 as a starter (compared to 6-15 for Wallace), and the Titans weren't exactly a shining example of a good team.



He won 17 games over his first 2 years playing a lot like Seneca did for us vs Chicago. The Titans couldn't have been all bad. Plus whatever happened 7 years ago doesn't change the fact that he's been such garbage lately that not a single NFL team even wants him as a 3rd stringer.
Offline DakotaT  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:14:49 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,243
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,296

Vince Young is an athlete with limited intelligence. The reason he hasn't made it in the NFL is not a physical thing, it is that he cannot learn a complicated offense.

Now, Seneca Wallace has spent most of his career in a WCO - but he is obviously out of his league right now and should be retired. Uncle Ted has now been caught with his pants down. We have been playing Russian roulette by not having a decent backup, and it is now biting us in the ass.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/6/2013(UTC)
Offline DarkaneRules  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:15:35 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,654
Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 262

The only real gripe I have with Wallace is his height. 5'11. Other than that, lets give him time with the starters before we write him off completely.
Online mi_keys  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:31:46 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,474
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 338

Yeah, let's trot out a QB's record as a reason for why they should/should not be the QB, because, you know, there aren't 52 other players on the team. Tim Tebow has a winning record. But please, wins and losses are all on the quarterbacks. Utterly spastic.

I think there is an honest debate between who would have done better for us between Young and Wallace. That's a knock on both. There's a reason why Young doesn't have a job in the NFL despite all the quarterbacks that have dropped like flies this year. A 97 year old Brett Favre got a call before Vince Young.

I'm not even going to dignify Coleman or Harrell.

I'm willing to give Wallace a chance to be a stopgap this week, in part because there is a difference between being thrown in on a surprise injury versus preparing for the week (for everyone that clamored for Flynn to come back on this site or otherwise, no one seems to recall his abysmal performance in Detroit when Rodgers got concussed), and in part because there aren't a ton of viable options out there. Lots of teams don't have a starting quarterback, let alone a backup.

Yes that performance was disappointing. Yes we should be looking at all our options. No, we shouldn't hit the panic button and completely write off Wallace. It's Canadian football for him: he's fucked up first down, and now he gets second down or he has to punt (incidentally, probably to the CFL).

The backup this week needs to prepare himself as if he will be the starter. We need to have that contingency plan this week. It will be interesting to see how things go.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline go.pack.go.  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:32:35 PM(UTC)
go.pack.go.

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,743
Joined: 11/12/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 44

I stopped reading when I saw you refer to Skip Bayless' opinion being a good idea. He's the biggest idiot known to man when it comes to anything sports.
Signature made by me
UserPostedImage
SUPERBOWL XLV CHAMPS!!!!
thanks Post received 4 applause.
Zero2Cool on 11/6/2013(UTC), hardrocker950 on 11/6/2013(UTC), DoddPower on 11/7/2013(UTC), gbguy20 on 11/7/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:56:44 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,881
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,293
Applause Received: 571

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules Go to Quoted Post
The only real gripe I have with Wallace is his height. 5'11. Other than that, lets give him time with the starters before we write him off completely.


He measured 6' 1" at the combine.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline nerdmann  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:59:12 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,881
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,293
Applause Received: 571

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, let's trot out a QB's record as a reason for why they should/should not be the QB, because, you know, there aren't 52 other players on the team. Tim Tebow has a winning record. But please, wins and losses are all on the quarterbacks. Utterly spastic.

I think there is an honest debate between who would have done better for us between Young and Wallace. That's a knock on both. There's a reason why Young doesn't have a job in the NFL despite all the quarterbacks that have dropped like flies this year. A 97 year old Brett Favre got a call before Vince Young.

I'm not even going to dignify Coleman or Harrell.

I'm willing to give Wallace a chance to be a stopgap this week, in part because there is a difference between being thrown in on a surprise injury versus preparing for the week (for everyone that clamored for Flynn to come back on this site or otherwise, no one seems to recall his abysmal performance in Detroit when Rodgers got concussed), and in part because there aren't a ton of viable options out there. Lots of teams don't have a starting quarterback, let alone a backup.

Yes that performance was disappointing. Yes we should be looking at all our options. No, we shouldn't hit the panic button and completely write off Wallace. It's Canadian football for him: he's f*cked up first down, and now he gets second down or he has to punt (incidentally, probably to the CFL).

The backup this week needs to prepare himself as if he will be the starter. We need to have that contingency plan this week. It will be interesting to see how things go.


Yeah, Seneca gets his fair shot.

If you could put Seneca's brain into Vince's body, you'd have the perfect QB.

Same thing with Harrell and Coleman. I think Seneca has a better presence out there though. He did tend to run backwards like George Plimpton a few times, but I don't think he's as intimidated by the stage as Harrell.

So we got guys with brains, lacking the physical tools and guys with tools lacking the brains. I guess the question is, which would you prefer?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 8:17:44 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,631
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,833
Applause Received: 1,990

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
(for everyone that clamored for Flynn to come back on this site or otherwise, no one seems to recall his abysmal performance in Detroit when Rodgers got concussed), and in part because there aren't a ton of viable options out there.


Middle Finger Asshole

http://packershome.com/f.../t20514-Flynn-vs-Wallace

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Online mi_keys  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 8:35:45 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,474
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 338



Sorry I'm not as quick to the punch as you... by a day. Some people definitely needed this reiterated... okay, I'm actually just plagiarizing you.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline DakotaT  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 8:55:50 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,243
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,296

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Sorry I'm not as quick to the punch as you... by a day. Some people definitely needed this reiterated... okay, I'm actually just plagiarizing you.


I don't have to start calling you Rand Keys do I?

Just tell Zero to go get bent. He's an accolade whore, who loves his little butt kissers around here who tell him how awesome he is.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
nerdmann on 11/7/2013(UTC)
Online mi_keys  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 9:47:11 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,474
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 338

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
I don't have to start calling you Rand Keys do I?

Just tell Zero to go get bent. He's an accolade whore, who loves his little butt kissers around here who tell him how awesome he is.


I've been around since 2008. I'm well aware.

BTW, I have to be honest, I don't get the Rand Keys reference. What's that from?
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline DarkaneRules  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:53:01 PM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,654
Joined: 8/15/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 262

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
He measured 6' 1" at the combine.


Then he shrunk :-p Packers.com and his personal bio list him at 5'11. The other backup we have is 6'2.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:14:21 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,631
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,833
Applause Received: 1,990

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Sorry I'm not as quick to the punch as you... by a day. Some people definitely needed this reiterated... okay, I'm actually just plagiarizing you.


I do think it's good, but I just thought it was funny we have a thread dedicated to something you singled out as no one considering. :)

I'm starting Seneca Wallace on my fantasy team in place of Aaron Rodgers.


UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Online wpr  
#29 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:24:46 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 12,335
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,741
Applause Received: 1,311

Bayliss is a tool's tool. I wouldn't waste my time ready his crap.

Uncle Teddy did gamble at the QB position and has done so for years. Trouble is you can "win" with the gamble for years but when you are wrong the team is screwed up big time.

you can not have one backup in OTAs, drop him and pick up another in TC. Cut him and pick up still another once the season has begun and expect the QB to do anything. Right or wrong stick him one guy and team him the system.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline buckeyepackfan  
#30 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:01:36 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Posts: 2,277
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

Batliss is a tool, there is a reason they call there set "the debate table", Johnathan A. usually takes one side and Bayliss takes the other, another of the ESPN shows that is more concerned about ratings, rather than actual facts in a lot of cases.

What pisses Bayliss off the most is that he can't get Aaron to "bite" and come on the show to debate him.

He knows the ratings would go through the roof if Aaron did that.

He wouldn't care if Aaron(and he probably would), would make him look like the fool he does most of the time because in ESPN's mind the show would be a success because of the huge rating boost.

Someday Bayliss might realize that Aaron Rodgers is way to smart to fall for such crap, if not, he will continue to spew his idiocy all over the ESPN airways hoping he will get a reaction from Packer fans.

The joke is on him, because the only forums I see benefitting is ones like this one, with posters who keep their comments here and don't fall for his dumbass remarks.

Edit: back on topic, looks like Ted and Mike have made the decision to stick with Wallace and Tolzien, their decisions have kept the Packers "in the hunt" the past 8 years, so I am not going to over react to anything until we all see just how much 6 days of preparation can do for Wallace and Tolzien.

These games could be "ugly", but if they can pull out a couple of wins the next 3 weeks it will be another successful "no move" on Teds part.
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Porforis on 11/7/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error



Recent Topics
5m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10m / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

14m / Random Babble / wpr

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / GermanGilbert

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / DoddPower

6h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

18h / Around The NFL / Dexter_Sinister

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23h / Random Babble / Pack93z

23-Jul / Random Babble / DakotaT

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Wade


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.