Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wpr  
#16 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:45:05 AM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 3,027
Applause Received: 1,467

Common buckeye tell us what you really think.

UserPostedImage

Offline warhawk  
#17 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 7:52:27 AM(UTC)
warhawk

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 220

Well, all I can say is I hope the team is more united and has more resolve than this group here. That's for sure.

If not they are certainly screwed.

I expect Wallace to be better Sunday. The Bears smelled blood knowing the backup has had few reps and they were getting after him. This week will probably be the same but Seneca will be more prepared.

The D needs to pick it up. This is where the fundamentals and assignment sure part really kicks in. That and they need Mathews and Perry out there. They have to get pressure. I saw where Perry and Mathews practiced on a limited basis yesterday.
I don't want to hear about the "medical staff" and their crap or McCarthy say "we're being smart". Playing with a bad heel is not career threatening. Pad it, give him a shot, and get out there. The club can protect Mathews.

We need these guys. I don't want to see a QB "almost" go down and then throw a miracle TD. We can't have a Matt Forte slip through the line and see them 20 yards from anybody because somebody got suckered out of position. The "A" team needs to be on the field.

Now.



"The train is leaving the station."
thanks Post received 4 applause.
Zero2Cool on 11/7/2013(UTC), coltonja on 11/7/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 11/7/2013(UTC), Cheesey on 11/7/2013(UTC)
Offline Yerko  
#18 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 9:17:57 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 10/15/2008(UTC)
Location: Chicago, IL

Applause Given: 152
Applause Received: 247

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
They WON'T be stat whoring from here on out. Let's see what this team can do.

Anybody with me? I think we can be successful.





Other than that...yes, I am with you. Don't confuse stat whoring and being one of the greatest quarterbacks in the league.
UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 11:30:53 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 451
Applause Received: 272

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post
Well, all I can say is I hope the team is more united and has more resolve than this group here. That's for sure.

If not they are certainly screwed.

I expect Wallace to be better Sunday. The Bears smelled blood knowing the backup has had few reps and they were getting after him. This week will probably be the same but Seneca will be more prepared.

The D needs to pick it up. This is where the fundamentals and assignment sure part really kicks in. That and they need Mathews and Perry out there. They have to get pressure. I saw where Perry and Mathews practiced on a limited basis yesterday.
I don't want to hear about the "medical staff" and their crap or McCarthy say "we're being smart". Playing with a bad heel is not career threatening. Pad it, give him a shot, and get out there. The club can protect Mathews.

We need these guys. I don't want to see a QB "almost" go down and then throw a miracle TD. We can't have a Matt Forte slip through the line and see them 20 yards from anybody because somebody got suckered out of position. The "A" team needs to be on the field.

Now.



Uh No. The Bears were so stupid that they played the same kind of D - those two safeties 20 or so yards deep - against Wallace that they did against Rodgers for most of the game. When their dumbass D coordinator finally got the message, our running game was shut down.

I hate to say it, but for the first time since before the Favre Era, I will be EXPECTING the Packers to lose - I hope I'm wrong, but if McCarthy stubbornly sticks with that lemon, Wallace, it is just about assured that we will lose. The Eagles will play cautious enough that our D can't win it for us. Knowing Wallace is worthless, they will stack the box and shut down Lacy and Starks. Sorry, but barring a miracle return by Aaron Rodgers or McCarthy going to Tolzien, I just don't see the Packers having a chance.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline warhawk  
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:49:17 PM(UTC)
warhawk

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 1
Applause Received: 220

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Uh No. The Bears were so stupid that they played the same kind of D - those two safeties 20 or so yards deep - against Wallace that they did against Rodgers for most of the game. When their dumbass D coordinator finally got the message, our running game was shut down.

I hate to say it, but for the first time since before the Favre Era, I will be EXPECTING the Packers to lose - I hope I'm wrong, but if McCarthy stubbornly sticks with that lemon, Wallace, it is just about assured that we will lose. The Eagles will play cautious enough that our D can't win it for us. Knowing Wallace is worthless, they will stack the box and shut down Lacy and Starks. Sorry, but barring a miracle return by Aaron Rodgers or McCarthy going to Tolzien, I just don't see the Packers having a chance.


Not so sure about that. Philly has the worst Pass D in the league. I'm not going to rate Wallace as so pathetic with more time to prepare that he couldn't hurt the Eagles if they did as you suggest.
ALL teams will try to slow the run game down. It's a lot harder to do when you can't defend the pass. With no prep time McCarthy wasn't about to go downfield with the ball but you can bet he will pull the trigger against this D if they are up in the box as you say.

"The train is leaving the station."
Offline sschind  
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 1:54:45 PM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 422

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post


You like over/unders...here's a few for you.

How many time will you claim a packer has failed"?

How many time will you claim a Packer has "sh!t shemsives"?

How many time will "bad fundamentals" be the reason a player was beaten or the other team makes a successful play?


Take the over no matter what it is.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline sschind  
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 2:04:53 PM(UTC)
sschind

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Joined: 3/5/2013(UTC)
Location: SE WISCONSIN

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 422

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Uh No. The Bears were so stupid that they played the same kind of D - those two safeties 20 or so yards deep - against Wallace that they did against Rodgers for most of the game. When their dumbass D coordinator finally got the message, our running game was shut down.

I hate to say it, but for the first time since before the Favre Era, I will be EXPECTING the Packers to lose - I hope I'm wrong, but if McCarthy stubbornly sticks with that lemon, Wallace, it is just about assured that we will lose. The Eagles will play cautious enough that our D can't win it for us. Knowing Wallace is worthless, they will stack the box and shut down Lacy and Starks. Sorry, but barring a miracle return by Aaron Rodgers or McCarthy going to Tolzien, I just don't see the Packers having a chance.


And if we do lose you will be on here saying I've informed you thusly and if we win you will have some excuse to why it was in spite of Wallace. Wallace will have to have a Matt Flynn vs the Lions type day for you to even consider giving him his due.

I will stop short of saying that you are probably hoping he does poorly because I know you are a Packer fan and I would hope that their success takes precedent over your need to be right on an anonymous internet website but I know you are warming up your I told you sos just in case.

The great thing about being so adamant on the internet is that there is absolutely no way to be held accountable. You (not you specifically but everyone in general) can rant and rave and make all the proclamations you want and if you are wrong, who cares, maybe you admit it maybe you don't but it doesn't stop you from making more.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
buckeyepackfan on 11/7/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#23 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:26:03 PM(UTC)
Pack93z

Rank: Hall of Famer

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Joined: 3/16/2007(UTC)
Location: North Central Wisconsin

Applause Given: 396
Applause Received: 1,073

Here is a big part of why we can and will sustain...
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline Rockmolder  
#24 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:35:43 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 156
Applause Received: 258

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
Other than that...yes, I am with you. Don't confuse stat whoring and being one of the greatest quarterbacks in the league.


Yeah, it's a ridiculous drum he's been banging for ages.

What does he have to do to not be stat-whoring? Throw it into triple coverage a bit more?

On topic, I don't know if the team will suddenly stand up and do a lot better than they used to. It's one of those things that barely ever happens, yet, seems to quite often, since it gets blown out of proportion. We'll just be decent and that's it.

Let's just see if we can keep around .500 'till Rodgers returns. Seems pretty doable to me with our upcoming schedule.
UserPostedImage
Offline RaiderPride  
#25 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 3:43:28 PM(UTC)
RaiderPride

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Joined: 7/17/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 113
Applause Received: 202

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan Go to Quoted Post
You're such a fricken hypocrit.

You were the fisrt and most vocal of anyone as you threw player after player under the bus in Live chat during Monday's game.
Then you come up with your favorite "stat-whoring" comment, which has been proven wrong time and time again, yet you fail to see the ignorance in the statement.

Now it seems you have come up with a new "nerdman favorite" Fundamentals, as if The Packers have been playing out of control, not adhering to basics that they have learned from day 1.

Come Sunday if plays don't go exactly as you think they should, you will once again be the 1st to throw players under the bus, and start whining how this should be done and that should be done.

Now you want everyone to "be with you" like you are the only one who has any confidence in The Packers as a team to grind through this latest setback?

You like over/unders...here's a few for you.

How many time will you claim a packer has failed"?

How many time will you claim a Packer has "sh!t shemsives"?

How many time will "bad fundamentals" be the reason a player was beaten or the other team makes a successful play?

Heres my favorite...How many times will you be absolutley wrong when you give your nerdman play by play instant analysis with only a tv view of the game?


Abraham Lincoln could not have penned a more honest and truthful response. I salute you Sir.

""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#26 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:02:37 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 451
Applause Received: 272

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
And if we do lose you will be on here saying I've informed you thusly and if we win you will have some excuse to why it was in spite of Wallace. Wallace will have to have a Matt Flynn vs the Lions type day for you to even consider giving him his due.

I will stop short of saying that you are probably hoping he does poorly because I know you are a Packer fan and I would hope that their success takes precedent over your need to be right on an anonymous internet website but I know you are warming up your I told you sos just in case.

The great thing about being so adamant on the internet is that there is absolutely no way to be held accountable. You (not you specifically but everyone in general) can rant and rave and make all the proclamations you want and if you are wrong, who cares, maybe you admit it maybe you don't but it doesn't stop you from making more.


I promise I will eat my words and congratulate Wallace if he does good enough against the Eagles. How much is good enough? If the Packers win and Wallace is a reasonable part of the success - in other words, not playing bad enough to lose the game. OK?

On the other hand, if he is the primary cause for losing - which I expect will happen, you better believe I will be saying I told you so.

As for internet anonymity, if they paid me (in a perfect world hahaha), I'd say exactly the same thing - this and everything else I ever say.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline nerdmann  
#27 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:45:18 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,627
Applause Received: 651

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, it's a ridiculous drum he's been banging for ages.

What does he have to do to not be stat-whoring? Throw it into triple coverage a bit more?

On topic, I don't know if the team will suddenly stand up and do a lot better than they used to. It's one of those things that barely ever happens, yet, seems to quite often, since it gets blown out of proportion. We'll just be decent and that's it.

Let's just see if we can keep around .500 'till Rodgers returns. Seems pretty doable to me with our upcoming schedule.


Well, he could stop passing up open guys underneath in order to throw deep. In doing so, he could stop holding the ball for 8 seconds.

He could develop a willingness to throw Hail Marys at the end of the half, risking an INT on his stat sheet. Shit like that.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline nerdmann  
#28 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:50:16 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,627
Applause Received: 651

Quote:
You're such a fricken hypocrit.

You were the fisrt and most vocal of anyone as you threw player after player under the bus in Live chat during Monday's game.
Then you come up with your favorite "stat-whoring" comment, which has been proven wrong time and time again, yet you fail to see the ignorance in the statement.

Now it seems you have come up with a new "nerdman favorite" Fundamentals, as if The Packers have been playing out of control, not adhering to basics that they have learned from day 1.

Come Sunday if plays don't go exactly as you think they should, you will once again be the 1st to throw players under the bus, and start whining how this should be done and that should be done.

Now you want everyone to "be with you" like you are the only one who has any confidence in The Packers as a team to grind through this latest setback?

You like over/unders...here's a few for you.

How many time will you claim a packer has failed"?

How many time will you claim a Packer has "sh!t shemsives"?

How many time will "bad fundamentals" be the reason a player was beaten or the other team makes a successful play?

Heres my favorite...How many times will you be absolutley wrong when you give your nerdman play by play instant analysis with only a tv view of the game?


Actually I've stated that since all these WRs have been down, they've actually BEEN adhering to fundamentals. Remember the Queens game? Queens D had nothing left. ToP, baby.

Yeah, during games, players often screw up. For instance, in this last game. The D sucked shit. There were many back breaking plays.

As for "being with me," you may or may not. I don't really care. lol Not take your meds. Your'e getting all huffy again.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#29 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:58:29 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)
Location: Lima, Ohio

Applause Given: 331
Applause Received: 443

Dude I'm not huffy, just trying to help you not look like a fool.

Whatever, you obviously played the game at a high level, then you must have coached, since you seem to see things that nobody else ever does.



Enjoy the ride – It kicks and just keeps on kickin’. "Stats are for Losers"
Offline Rockmolder  
#30 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 5:07:15 PM(UTC)
Rockmolder

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2010

Netherlands
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 156
Applause Received: 258

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Well, he could stop passing up open guys underneath in order to throw deep. In doing so, he could stop holding the ball for 8 seconds.

He could develop a willingness to throw Hail Marys at the end of the half, risking an INT on his stat sheet. sh!t like that.


Why on earth are you censoring the word shit in the least effective way you could?

Anyway, if anything, having a high completion rate ups your stats, doesn't it? Or is he only stat-whoring for yards? I feel like you have some inside knowledge on this or something.

Also, how often have you sat in your chair, thinking it was the perfect time for a hail mary? I'm convinced that he does it when the game is on the line. At halftime, I'm also pretty sure that he isn't the one who fully decides whether they take a knee, throw one into the endzone or kick a field goal.

While I agree that sometimes it is a bit annoying that he misses a wide open guy in the flat and just heaves another one downfield, I don't see how you've come to the conclusion that it's for stat whoring purposes. Seems like a thing you do regurarly, draw conclusions that have no factual (or even reasonable at times) basis and just run with them.

EDIT: Ah, the whole shit censoring thing is automatic. Sorry for that one.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
4 Pages<1234>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error

Tweeter

Recent Topics
43m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / nerdmann

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / steveishere

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Smokey

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / texaspackerbacker

22-Oct / Announcements / Zero2Cool

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Tezzy

21-Oct / Green Bay Packers Talk / Yerko