Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Zero2Cool  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 10:35:58 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,895
Applause Received: 2,093

What do you think about Johnathon Martin, Tackle (Height: 6-5 Weight: 312 ) for the Miami Dolphins leaving the team due to being bullied?

Richie Incognito is said to be the biggest culprit in the harassment with texts allegedly saying things like "I want to sh*t in your mouth".
Wow ...

“Hey, wassup, you half n—– piece of s—,” a voicemail left for Martin by Incognito in April 2013 reportedly begins. “F— you, you’re still a rookie. I’ll kill you.”

Edited by user Monday, November 4, 2013 12:16:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Sponsor
Offline wpr  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 10:44:49 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,914
Applause Received: 1,409

I don't think his size matters because the other guys are just a big. And if his temperament is not as abrasive as someone else it can be a real issue. Especially if 3,4 or 5 guys get involved.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 1:43:54 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 360

Hard to say what is up, and what is normal within the organization and the players. I know I have sent texts and voice messages to people I know, that if read or heard from outside would appear really bad, but from within doesn't.

The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Pack93z  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 10:54:22 AM(UTC)
Pack93z

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 1,047

Well.. way to call down the thunder on your own self.. a hyper sensitive topic right now and you put this out there.

AntrelRolle wrote:
“Richie Incognito, is he wrong? Absolutely,” Rolle told Joe & Evan. ”But I think the other guy is just as much to blame because he’s allowed it to happen.”

Further elaborating, Rolle said he would never allow himself to get involved in such a situation.

“First of all, know something like that would never, ever happen to myself, because I wouldn’t allow it to happen,” the two-time Pro Bowler said. “… You know, at this level, you’re a man. You’re not a little boy. You’re not a freshman in college. You’re a man. So I think everything has its limits. So there’s no way that another man is gonna make me pay for something that I choose not to pay for.”
I think when there's enough will and aggression, there's no shortage of talent either.

UserPostedImage
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 2:10:45 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 420
Applause Received: 250

They interviewed Cameron Wake on ESPN, and he said this is just part of the culture of the NFL.

This is much ado about nothing - a big hyper-sensitive wimp who can't take the same type hazing that probably every rookie who ever came into the league had to deal with.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline steveishere  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 5, 2013 2:39:30 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 919

Pretty dumb from Incognito. That stuff he said in that voicemail and continuing to mess with this dude when he's not even a rookie anymore is weak. Yeah Martin needs to stand up for himself more but just the fact that these guys are supposed to be professionals and teammates makes it kind of unbelieveable. I don't see how that crap makes their team better. I know I wouldn't want that dude on my team.

That's selfish stuff from someone who is just there to collect a paycheck. Miami must have absolutely no leadership in that locker room at all.
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 8:59:50 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 420
Applause Received: 250

It seems like more and more Miami players as well as from around the league are coming out against this Martin guy. The only ones who want to make a big deal about this are the media a$holes.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline VinceLambeauStarr  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 9:14:35 AM(UTC)
VinceLambeauStarr

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 24

What I don't, won't, and cannot fathom is how a man can ever feel pressured into parting with $15,000 freshly minted coin.

That's on Martin. Hazing be damned, how can you let someone mess with your money? As much as Incogdouche is a proven 22 carat Kunthair, a grown man should never feel "pressured" into parting with what is his.

Because of the pussification of Mr Martin, that pressure looks like extortion when it should have been a "Feck you, vaginawart. You can ask me to carry your pads but you ain't getting my money".

Incognito is still a grade A, protected destination of origin, premium like the oranges used in Tropicana piece of fecal matter.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool is my captain.
Offline olds70supreme  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 10:51:44 AM(UTC)
olds70supreme

Applause Given: 16
Applause Received: 35

Disclaimer: I (like everybody else speculating on this) don't know the whole story. That being said, harassment is harassment, be it physical, mental, other... The arguement "Oh, well every rookie has to undergo treatment like this in the NFL, it is part of the culture, therefore this isn't an issue" is stupid. If you try to defend harassement at work with "Oh, that's just how we do it here" you aren't going to be employed very long. There is a difference between good natured "ribbing", and harassment. If Incognito crossed that line than he deserves what is coming to him.
blank
Offline steveishere  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 1:43:24 PM(UTC)
steveishere

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Applause Given: 45
Applause Received: 919

I don't know much about this Martin guy personally but I do know he doesn't seem like the kind of guy whose going to be motivated by that kind of treatment. It's like Rodgers says, you have to figure out what motivates guys individually and focus on that. Leadership is about building your teammates up and helping them to make the team better not breaking them down because you like being an a$hole. Martin should certainly have stood up for himself but he also shouldn't have had to.

That's why I think you don't see problems like this in GB because we have good leaders here. We have guys who aren't the super intense "ass kicker" personalty type like CJ Wilson or Jordy Nelson yet everyone can get along. The Dolphins leaders on the locker room seem more like a clique that will just ditch someone who doesn't have the mentality they want. That's pretty poor leadership to me.
Offline nyrpack  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:31:20 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 4
Applause Received: 50

incognito is a moron, but dam this kid cant stand up for himself, he aint a placekicker for goodness sakes !!
jimmy b.
Offline PackFanWithTwins  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, November 6, 2013 8:34:16 PM(UTC)
PackFanWithTwins

Applause Given: 13
Applause Received: 360

What is interesting is that the tweets and such are from April. It is what, November.

I can't help thinking, if Martin saw those messages as so bad, how was he able to work next to this "BULLY" day in and out for 7 months. Considering these happened in April, yet Martin went out to NBA games in June with Incognito. It seems unlikely the way he talked and messaged was first or only time he "talked" like that. More likely that that Oline Group interacted and talked that way to each other all the time.

If this was bullying, where is the evidence of bullying for the last 7 months? It seems more like one out of a group, could not handle the way the rest of the group acted with each other. And since Incognito tweeted and left a message, Martin was able to use those messages to deflect from himself and blame others has he slinks away.
The world needs ditch diggers to Danny!!!
UserPostedImage
Offline Wade  
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 4:22:21 PM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 670
Applause Received: 675

If it is harassment, my guess is that there is more than one or two damning e-mails out there. While it is possible to have actionable harassment from a single act, most of the cases tend to involve a "pattern" or a "climate" (or some other buzzword they tell us at our annual mandatory harassment workshops).

It depends on what, if you will, is "everyday practice." If the locker room consistently does the bad language/hazing/actions/whatever, then that's exactly the problem.

I'm not a fan of the so-called "pussification" of America. (I hate those damn mandatory workshops.) But I see no reason why athletes should be able to get by with things the rest of us can't. Or shouldn't. Professional football locker rooms are places for adults; apart from jobs where you're training people to charge up hills against machine gun fire, IMO, there's no excuse for a workplace that resembles the worst of junior high school locker rooms in this respect.

IMO
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Rockmolder on 11/7/2013(UTC)
Offline IronMan  
#14 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2013 5:19:19 PM(UTC)
IronMan

ESPN NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2010

Applause Given: 43
Applause Received: 70

The bottom line is, its never ok to call someone a "Half n..." And the fact that those words came out of Inconito'š mouth makes him a f*cking loser.

If Incognito got hit by a Mack truck, the world would be a lot better off.