You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages<1234>»
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:11:12 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Applause Given: 349
Applause Received: 210

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
Only win Cutler has beaten us in his career was in Week 3 on MNF in 2010. Cutler sucks against the blitz imo. That's what kills him. He has a better offensive line though, Mcclown has a better offensive line. It's gonna be tough to get pressure on the Bears without Matthews. Hopefully we get back Nick Perry this week. Mike Neal has struggled the past 2 weeks. Gonna be a tough game. For the first time in severalllll years the Bears offense is better than their defense. Which isn't a bad thing.

hahaha It's a bad thing for their defense. For some odd reason (maybe because of that game you mentioned), Cutler scares me just a little bit with his potential to explode/get inspired/whatever - even though it would be unlikely to happen. I'm more comfortable with a low-ceiling career backup like McCown in there. I bet he throws a couple to our guys.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:27:05 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

Bears have 14 days to prepare for the Packers.
Packers have 7 days to prepare for the Bears.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline nerdmann  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:29:59 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

The rest will definitely help them.

It's somewhat unfair to match teams like that. Too bad they can't work it out so teams who play each other have the bye week at the same time. At least we'll get an extra day of rest, since it's a Monday night game.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline wpr  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:07:30 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,417
Applause Received: 1,203

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post

and yet GB will still kick their butts.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 2 applause.
pokethebear on 10/30/2013(UTC), texaspackerbacker on 10/30/2013(UTC)
Offline warhawk  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:12:45 AM(UTC)
warhawk

Applause Received: 164

Not having Briggs will hurt an already poor defense. He created more hell for us on the inside runs often blowing them up for losses. Instinctive and hard to block player who was the leader of the D after Urlacher left.

The only chance they have is if they get multiple strips from our young receivers and RB's and Hester takes a couple back all the way or deep into our territory.

I always dread playing these guys because it's always ugly. They won't do anything at all and then they pick up a ball laying on the ground for a TD and get a big return out of Hester and all of a sudden they are in the game.

We will probably kill them stat wise. Double their first downs and total yards but the score won't show that. Like I say, it's always ugly playing the Bears. They seldom win without three turnovers and a couple of big ST plays thrown in.

That and the fact that no matter how bad they get their ass kicked all game long Bears fans will always come up with one or two plays that would have won the game for them regardless of how fortunate they were to even be in the game at all.
"The train is leaving the station."
thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 10/30/2013(UTC), sschind on 11/1/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:57:04 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

Originally Posted by: warhawk Go to Quoted Post
Not having Briggs will hurt an already poor defense. He created more hell for us on the inside runs often blowing them up for losses. Instinctive and hard to block player who was the leader of the D after Urlacher left.

The only chance they have is if they get multiple strips from our young receivers and RB's and Hester takes a couple back all the way or deep into our territory.

I always dread playing these guys because it's always ugly. They won't do anything at all and then they pick up a ball laying on the ground for a TD and get a big return out of Hester and all of a sudden they are in the game.

We will probably kill them stat wise. Double their first downs and total yards but the score won't show that. Like I say, it's always ugly playing the Bears. They seldom win without three turnovers and a couple of big ST plays thrown in.

That and the fact that no matter how bad they get their ass kicked all game long Bears fans will always come up with one or two plays that would have won the game for them regardless of how fortunate they were to even be in the game at all.

I agree, but I think we'll win it.

It'll be almost like a strike team game, from '87 with all the injuries and whatnot. We got this.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 10:11:36 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Applause Given: 349
Applause Received: 210

Good Point above about Hester, but hopefully THAT situation has been dealt with after opening kickoff last week. I like the way we didn't shy away from kicking to the guy after his big return. Hester is still good, but he seems to be getting a little bit fragile with age. If he starts out with a half decent return, maybe we sic Mashay on him and slow him down some hahahaha.

About the bye week thing, it probably all evens out over the course of a season or at least seasons. In the Bears case, it did not allow them (apparently) to get any of their hurt stars back.

edit: actually, I guess we did kick away from him part of the time, but it wasn't by squib or short kicks, it was the directionally kicking it through the endzone.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Yerko  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 3:37:30 PM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 110
Applause Received: 197

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
It all depends on your perspective. South of the cheeseland border beating to Bears even if they are hapless is much better than beating the vikies even if that win is for the division title.

The crap I get from Bears fans even from grandmas is ridiculous. A couple of wins a year keeps them quiet. I have not heard a whisper since the Bears began their annual hibernation.

Chicago here...
Watched football by myself growing up...pretty much my entire lifetime of watching football due to latching onto the Packers back in the early 90's. Rest of my family and friends are hardcore Bears fans (and very fair-weathered fans) so we have very much different opinions and taste in football, mine being better of course. So, for me...a Bear beat down is the ULTIMATE beat down of the season...especially when it is done twice.

Been using the Ditka in a Packers jersey picture all week to taunt them.
UserPostedImage

Game thoughts.
Is James Jones coming back this week? I know injury disclosure doesn't have to happen until tomorrow being a Monda night game but since he was so close to coming back for the Vikings game, I am guessing he might be a yes? If so, this offense should be perfectly fine with their pass game. The Bears defense is in trouble. I don't think a single one of their linebackers have ever been a starter in the NFL (maybe one of their OLB). Their 2-3 defensive tackles are injured and it has taken a toll on the defensive ends, Peppers and McClellan (who sucks anyways). I expect the Packers to run-run-and run some more on the defense and then hit the play action.
The Bears safeties are also horrible. Matt Bowen was writing about how they are easily lost on the field and thrown off by a QBs pump fake or eye contact. Well, they are facing Rodgers this week so they are in for a treat.

I think the Bears offense can still be scary but it will have its sputtering moments. McCown isn't going to do anything for this team and we all witnessed how frustrated Brandon Marshall became with this defense and its game plan last season. Right now, the Bears biggest threat is Matt Forte breaking the big runs and the Packers run defense has been great against top runningbacks.

It seems anything the Bears have, the Packers are able to cancel out.

Packers- 41
Bears- 23
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Gaycandybacon on 10/30/2013(UTC)
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 3:53:17 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
Chicago here...
Watched football by myself growing up...pretty much my entire lifetime of watching football due to latching onto the Packers back in the early 90's. Rest of my family and friends are hardcore Bears fans (and very fair-weathered fans) so we have very much different opinions and taste in football, mine being better of course. So, for me...a Bear beat down is the ULTIMATE beat down of the season...especially when it is done twice.

Been using the Ditka in a Packers jersey picture all week to taunt them.
UserPostedImage

Game thoughts.
Is James Jones coming back this week? I know injury disclosure doesn't have to happen until tomorrow being a Monda night game but since he was so close to coming back for the Vikings game, I am guessing he might be a yes? If so, this offense should be perfectly fine with their pass game. The Bears defense is in trouble. I don't think a single one of their linebackers have ever been a starter in the NFL (maybe one of their OLB). Their 2-3 defensive tackles are injured and it has taken a toll on the defensive ends, Peppers and McClellan (who sucks anyways). I expect the Packers to run-run-and run some more on the defense and then hit the play action.
The Bears safeties are also horrible. Matt Bowen was writing about how they are easily lost on the field and thrown off by a QBs pump fake or eye contact. Well, they are facing Rodgers this week so they are in for a treat.

I think the Bears offense can still be scary but it will have its sputtering moments. McCown isn't going to do anything for this team and we all witnessed how frustrated Brandon Marshall became with this defense and its game plan last season. Right now, the Bears biggest threat is Matt Forte breaking the big runs and the Packers run defense has been great against top runningbacks.

It seems anything the Bears have, the Packers are able to cancel out.

Packers- 41
Bears- 23

Ditka is definitely a Rodgers fan!
Offline wpr  
#25 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:17:54 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,417
Applause Received: 1,203

yerko my son heads out to one of the Packer bars and watches the games. lots of fans there.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline Cheesey  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:25:25 PM(UTC)
Cheesey

Applause Given: 159
Applause Received: 326

Cutler and Briggs being gone spells doom for "Da Bares".
Briggs was their best defensive player, and his loss will hurt their already poor D.

That, and the game being in Green Bay.

I'd say hold out Jones if he's not 100% and let hime heal another week. Why chance it if he's not needed? I can see having him ready, but don't use him if you can get by with what you have.
UserPostedImage
Online buckeyepackfan  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:37:23 PM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

Applause Given: 213
Applause Received: 332

Mentioned earlier, this will probably end up being ...UGLY,UGLY,UGLY!!!

Always seems to turn out that way.

Looking foward to The Packers shoving the ball down the throat of that depleted Bears defense.

Don't think Aaron will have a big game, for some reason The bears always seem to reign him in.

Monday Night Football!!!!

Lambeau Field!!!!

PACKERS DOMINATE IN THE END!!!

Packers 16 - Bears 0
“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
Offline Zero2Cool  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:55:52 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

10th Green Bay Packers +11.934
96.089 defensive passer rating
108.024 offensive passer rating

15th Chicago Bears +2.679
91.275 defensive passer rating
93.954 offensive passer rating

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline Tezzy  
#29 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:59:25 AM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 16
Applause Received: 53

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
hahaha It's a bad thing for their defense. For some odd reason (maybe because of that game you mentioned), Cutler scares me just a little bit with his potential to explode/get inspired/whatever - even though it would be unlikely to happen. I'm more comfortable with a low-ceiling career backup like McCown in there. I bet he throws a couple to our guys.

Marshall and Jeffery can both go up and get jump balls. That right there is why I always cringe playing against Cutler, even though we have the record to say otherwise against him. He is willing to just chuck it up and let the WR make a play, and they can. I do think the Trestman offense is more tailored to be able to succeed with a backup like Josh, so I don't expect their offense to be neutered by much. Like our focus so many games this year, stuff the run and go from there.

The Bears defense, just having problems in so many areas. Their front 4 have not been getting it done, and I would like it to stay that way. Really don't want to see Peppers have the game of his season on Monday. Some fresh faces at LB, but that's what they drafted for, so could actually be a bright spot with the upgraded youth. Outside of Tillman, their backend is very beatable, and I look for Rodgers to have a stat padding kind of night that would make Nerdmann proud.

All said and done:
Packers - 34
Bears - 20

... not gay, but like a Viking. Same difference.
nerdmann on 10/31/2013(UTC)
Online DarkaneRules  
#30 Posted : Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:40:36 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 133
Applause Received: 199

McCown can break contain pretty well too. Keep in the pocket and pressure him as much as possible.
nerdmann on 10/31/2013(UTC)