Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline steveishere  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:37:10 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Posts: 1,538
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 791

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Did he have neck fusion?


yep
Offline Zero2Cool  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:55:19 PM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,632
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,834
Applause Received: 1,991

Sean Richardson had surgery to repair a herniated disc in his neck in January.
Nick Collins had two vertebrae fused together.


UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline mi_keys  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:16:09 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,474
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 338

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Sean Richardson had surgery to repair a herniated disc in his neck in January.
Nick Collins had two vertebrae fused together.


UserPostedImage


Zero, that surgery to repair a herniated disk was a vertebrae fusion. According to this, Richardson had a fusion at a different location.

http://www.jsonline.com/...gs/sports/228996971.html
Born and bred a cheesehead
thanks Post received 1 applause.
gbguy20 on 10/24/2013(UTC)
Online DakotaT  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:18:30 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 7,245
Joined: 8/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 622
Applause Received: 1,296

Whatever already! All I know is that between Jennings and McMillian there has been a whole lot of suck going on opposite Burnett. Let Richardton compete.
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 10/23/2013(UTC)
Offline nerdmann  
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:49:37 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,884
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,294
Applause Received: 572

Very surprised they approved him.

Bernardo Harris played again after a neck fusion surgery, but that's the exception to the rule, especially with this team. He reinjured it too, iirc.

Anyway, let's see what the kid can do.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline Zero2Cool  
#21 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:00:04 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Rank: Legend

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States
Posts: 25,632
Joined: 10/13/2006(UTC)
Location: Green Bay, WI

Applause Given: 1,834
Applause Received: 1,991

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Zero, that surgery to repair a herniated disk was a vertebrae fusion. According to this, Richardson had a fusion at a different location.

http://www.jsonline.com/...gs/sports/228996971.html


Nick Collins C-3 and C-4
Sean Richardson C-5 and C-6


whatever the hell that means

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline steveishere  
#22 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:04:48 AM(UTC)
steveishere

Rank: 2nd Round Draft Pick

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2013

Posts: 1,538
Joined: 7/28/2012(UTC)

Applause Given: 38
Applause Received: 791

Originally Posted by: DakotaT Go to Quoted Post
Whatever already! All I know is that between Jennings and McMillian there has been a whole lot of suck going on opposite Burnett. Let Richardton compete.


Unless there are some season ending injuries I doubt they will activate him right away. They will probably keep him the full 3 weeks from whenever they activate him just in case someone else gets hurt during that time.
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:07:29 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States
Posts: 2,527
Joined: 3/4/2013(UTC)
Location: Texas

Applause Given: 388
Applause Received: 224

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
Nick Collins C-3 and C-4
Sean Richardson C-5 and C-6


whatever the hell that means


Look at the diagram in the post above. Richardson's problem was farther down than Collins - apparently a good thing.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline play2win  
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:14:04 AM(UTC)
play2win

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,783
Joined: 3/29/2012(UTC)
Location: Milwaukee

Applause Given: 1,076
Applause Received: 724

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post


If I could applaud this 10,000 times, I would. This is very, very good news for the Packers. They will eventually be teaming old teammates Casey Hayward and Sean Richardson in the same secondary. I can't wait to see it!

PickFest!
Offline beast  
#25 Posted : Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:36:31 PM(UTC)
beast

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,604
Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 250

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
It is amazing that 5 drs can agree on anything.

5 out of 5 drs agree that med school should of cost them less... and they should be paid more

Tongue
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
thanks Post received 1 applause.
wpr on 10/24/2013(UTC)
Offline beast  
#26 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 11:24:27 AM(UTC)
beast

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

Posts: 2,604
Joined: 10/5/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 250

jsonline.com wrote:
On Sunday, Richardson said, team physician Patrick McKenzie told him he had been cleared.


That's awesome for him. But he would still need someone to get IRed or released from the 53 man roster for him to get on it.

ESPN wrote:
There was one other surprise at practice. Safety Jerron McMillian was not in attendance. The reason wasn’t immediately known.


Hmmm... I wonder...

I don't think these two stories relate to each other... but they do play the same position. So it's possible they might...

But I would of expected the Packers to use Richardson's 3 weeks of practicing getting him up to speed first before putting him on the 53 man roster. Buty ou never know.



---
America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline luigis  
#27 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 3:48:00 PM(UTC)
luigis

Rank: 6th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 263
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 83
Applause Received: 85

If the C3 disk presses against the spine you can actually die as it's in the zone that controls the diaphragm.
A C3-C4 fussion means you are out of sports, or that no doctor will ever clear you.

C4-C5 is less risky, the player might have paralysis in his legs but there's no risk to die.

That's the main difference between Collins and Richardson injuries.

I still don't know if the Packers will allow Richardson to play even if cleared by docs. There's always a risk.
Luis
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/25/2013(UTC)
Offline mi_keys  
#28 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 4:38:05 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,474
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 338

Originally Posted by: nerdmann Go to Quoted Post
Very surprised they approved him.

Bernardo Harris played again after a neck fusion surgery, but that's the exception to the rule, especially with this team. He reinjured it too, iirc.

Anyway, let's see what the kid can do.


You do talk some absolute bollocks, don't you.

A quick google search on Bernardo Harris and fusion surgery only yields one relevant result: your post on this site.

Harris from 96 through 2001 was active 16 games each year. He was active 13 games in 2002. In 2003 he was put on injured reserve for a broken fibula and retired.

I don't think you recall correctly.

Also, I'd like to see you show any evidence to support your assertion that returning is the exception. I've looked and there doesn't seem to be a ton of data on the matter. One of the fewer studies I found showed almost three quarters of players returned to play from surgery for a herniated disc. Half of those surgeries were neck fusions.

Sources:
http://www.nfl.com/playe...doharris/2501039/profile
http://www.rotowire.com/...tball/player.htm?id=2773
http://www.aaos.org/news...snow/nov10/clinical2.asp
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline nerdmann  
#29 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 5:24:44 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Rank: Super Bowl MVP

Posts: 6,884
Joined: 9/14/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,294
Applause Received: 572

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
You do talk some absolute bollocks, don't you.

A quick google search on Bernardo Harris and fusion surgery only yields one relevant result: your post on this site.

Harris from 96 through 2001 was active 16 games each year. He was active 13 games in 2002. In 2003 he was put on injured reserve for a broken fibula and retired.

I don't think you recall correctly.

Also, I'd like to see you show any evidence to support your assertion that returning is the exception. I've looked and there doesn't seem to be a ton of data on the matter. One of the fewer studies I found showed almost three quarters of players returned to play from surgery for a herniated disc. Half of those surgeries were neck fusions.

Sources:
http://www.nfl.com/playe...doharris/2501039/profile
http://www.rotowire.com/...tball/player.htm?id=2773
http://www.aaos.org/news...snow/nov10/clinical2.asp


Johnny Holland? One of those guys.

He reinjured it as I recall.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline mi_keys  
#30 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 6:25:28 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Rank: 3rd Round Draft Pick

Posts: 1,474
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 198
Applause Received: 338

Fair enough, Johnny Holland did re-injure his neck after spinal fusion.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Rss Feed 
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Notification

Icon
Error



Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / StarrMax1

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / uffda udfa

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / porky88

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / packman82

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / musccy

16h / Random Babble / wpr

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23h / Fantasy Sports Talk / Mucky Tundra

24-Jul / Around The NFL / Dexter_Sinister

23-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23-Jul / Random Babble / Pack93z

23-Jul / Random Babble / DakotaT

22-Jul / Green Bay Packers Talk / DakotaT


Tweeter

Copyright © 2006-2014 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.