Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#31 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:41:07 AM(UTC)
buckeyepackfan

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 247
Applause Received: 365

Originally Posted by: K_Buz Go to Quoted Post
I get the sense that this could be one of those "trap" games.

At the beginning of the year that may have been true, but not now, Packers going into this game with 14 rookies who will be starting or playing crucial positions on Special Teams and as backups.

The vets know they have to pick up their game to help out the young guys, who are backups for a reason, they are not as talented(yet) as the guys they are replacing.

The rookies are going to want to prove themselves.

There is no looking past The Browns today, after an 0-2 start they have shown they can play with the big boys in their division and are noT the cakewalk they have been in years past.

No trap game today.

Edited by user Sunday, October 20, 2013 8:19:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

“"The preparation week is where you make your hay,You have to win the week first. That’s where a lot of the wins and losses come. It’s how you approach the week leading up to the game."
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Tezzy on 10/20/2013(UTC)
Offline nyrpack  
#32 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 8:02:54 AM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 41

i think boykin steps up and pack wins 37-21
jimmy b.
Wade on 10/20/2013(UTC)
Offline Tezzy  
#33 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 8:59:28 AM(UTC)
Tezzy

United States

Applause Given: 22
Applause Received: 65

Can't believe nobody has mentioned the single most important factor for the game.

Comfortable Pants

It's the 1929 replicas today correct? And if I recall Rodgers has mentioned before how comfortable they are. Rodgers and crew have had some huge games in those pants.
On top of every beard grows a man.
Offline beast  
#34 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 11:21:46 AM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 150
Applause Received: 250

Originally Posted by: Tezzy Go to Quoted Post
Can't believe nobody has mentioned the single most important factor for the game.

Comfortable Pants

It's the 1929 replicas today correct? And if I recall Rodgers has mentioned before how comfortable they are. Rodgers and crew have had some huge games in those pants.
Rodgers mentioned that the reebok throw back pants were extremely comfortible... but they're now wearing the nike thrown back pants... are they just as comfortible? I haven't heard yet...

This proves the Packers beat writers aren't doing enough...
because they're not asking the important answers ;) Tongue

America's team Of the people by the people for the people Packer People
UserPostedImage
~ madeby ~ pack93z ~
Offline DarkaneRules  
#35 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 11:45:26 AM(UTC)
DarkaneRules

Applause Given: 157
Applause Received: 262

Weren't we wearing them that year the Bucs thumped us with Freeman? I cannot remember
Offline wpr  
#36 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 10:35:12 PM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 2,738
Applause Received: 1,311

Had a great time at the game today. Will post a few pix when I get a chance. Sat in the 700 section under the canopy. We didn't get very wet at all. Thanks to Colton.

If anyone is thinking of going to a game in the future. The ticket holder who sat next to me said I was the first person (well my wife and I) to use those seats. I looked at the 2 rows behind us (Yes we were in the 3rd to the last row.) those seats were empty too. A quick look at stubhub show that seats in that section and the ones nearby run a little more than $200 apiece. Not horrible. As I mentioned even though they are high you have a roof to help keep the wain or snow out if there is any. You have an escalator to take up up/down. A separate entrance so you don't have to fight long lines. Smaller crowds for the concessions and bathrooms. Individual seating with armrests and backs instead of bleacher seats.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 10/21/2013(UTC), yooperfan on 10/21/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#37 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 5:22:40 AM(UTC)
wpr

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2012PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Gold: 2013FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2013

United States

UserPostedImage

this is one of the photos on the wall about the 500 level of the new addition. pretty cool since my son and I were there. not this exact photo. They used the blimp shot.

UserPostedImage

Offline yooperfan  
#38 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 5:33:23 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 521
Applause Received: 242

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
Had a great time at the game today. Will post a few pix when I get a chance. Sat in the 700 section under the canopy. We didn't get very wet at all. Thanks to Colton.

If anyone is thinking of going to a game in the future. The ticket holder who sat next to me said I was the first person (well my wife and I) to use those seats. I looked at the 2 rows behind us (Yes we were in the 3rd to the last row.) those seats were empty too. A quick look at stubhub show that seats in that section and the ones nearby run a little more than $200 apiece. Not horrible. As I mentioned even though they are high you have a roof to help keep the wain or snow out if there is any. You have an escalator to take up up/down. A separate entrance so you don't have to fight long lines. Smaller crowds for the concessions and bathrooms. Individual seating with armrests and backs instead of bleacher seats.

Thanks, WPR, for that valuable info.
I'm not planning on going to any games this year but you never know.
I will sock this info away for the future.
Actually I'm going to Green Bay next weekend because there is NOT a home game.

Offline sschind  
#39 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 6:14:57 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 100
Applause Received: 385

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
Thanks, WPR, for that valuable info.
I'm not planning on going to any games this year but you never know.
I will sock this info away for the future.
Actually I'm going to Green Bay next weekend because there is NOT a home game.

Its a good time to go if you want to avoid crowds.

About 15 years ago or so my sister was living and teaching in Green Bay and she was planning on getting married there. Since our family is from the Chippewa Falls area and her fiancees family was from the Lake Geneva and Chicago area everyone would have to travel and stay in hotels. They had the date picked out and it was going to be week 2 of the season but since the schedule had not been released there was a huge unknown. She was told that she could reserve as many rooms as she wanted for Saturday night only but if there was a home game that weekend she would have to reserve them all for Friday night as well as that is pretty much SOP in the area. No one night reservations on home game weekends. She got lucky and the schedule had us playing Chicago on Monday night. This made it interesting because most of her fiancee's family were Bears fans including him (Yeah I know I should have forbidden that she marry him but what can you do with a young girl in love. He's actually not a bad guy if you can get past that one major flaw. Besides I am just glad she didn't meet a vikings fan in college) Anyway, it was a great time, I got to see the HOF. she had some great photos taken in the Lambeau Field parking lot with the stadium in the background and we all saved a ton of money. The best wedding present of all however was the belated thumping the Packer gave the Bears on Monday night. OK I don't rally know if it was a thumping or not but I know we won.

Oh yeah, and instead of being able to sleep in Sunday morning and nurse a hangover all day, guess what we got to do. Help them move. Yup, they rented a uhaul the next day and moved to Milwaukee.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
wpr on 10/21/2013(UTC)
Offline wpr  
#40 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 7:03:15 AM(UTC)
wpr

United States

the double nite requirement is why I stay in Appleton or Oshkosh.

UserPostedImage

Offline sschind  
#41 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 1:25:38 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 100
Applause Received: 385

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
the double nite requirement is why I stay in Appleton or Oshkosh.

I'd probably look into that as well. The last time I was in GB for a game was the Sunday night game against the vikings a few years ago. I had a free room for Saturday and Sunday nights (to go along with free game tickets and tailgate party at BFs steakhouse) so I couldn't complain.

The two night requirement is just something they do because they can. I think it's kind of cheesy (no pun intended) but if people put up with it I guess more power to them. Although I think its kind of like charging $50.00 for a $15.00 sheet pf plywood before the hurricane arrives or $8.00 for gallon of gas after the airplanes hit.

I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
Offline wpr  
#42 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 2:11:02 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
I'd probably look into that as well. The last time I was in GB for a game was the Sunday night game against the vikings a few years ago. I had a free room for Saturday and Sunday nights (to go along with free game tickets and tailgate party at BFs steakhouse) so I couldn't complain.

The two night requirement is just something they do because they can. I think it's kind of cheesy (no pun intended) but if people put up with it I guess more power to them. Although I think its kind of like charging $50.00 for a $15.00 sheet pf plywood before the hurricane arrives or $8.00 for gallon of gas after the airplanes hit.

yep along with the jacked up room prices for the weekends there is a home game.

UserPostedImage

Offline GermanGilbert  
#43 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 3:09:22 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Applause Given: 30
Applause Received: 80

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post

That's the point. They do it because they can do it. The first thing I do once the schedule is released in April is to check the most suitable game(s) for me and reserve a hotel room near Lambeau right away. If you wait until June/July it's pretty much impossible to get a room in that area. People just pay what they have to pay, even if they don't really want to, so you have to be one of the first to pay what you don't want to pay Big Grin I guess you find an even cheaper one later on, but if you're without a car, the gameday price for cabs levels everything up.

But selling the rooms completely overpriced is not Green Bay specific. To get a room in Munich at Oktoberfest time will cost you twice tothree times of the normal rate as well. Offer and demand determine the price ;) Not nice to see, but reality is nice very seldom.
blank
Offline Porforis  
#44 Posted : Monday, October 21, 2013 3:36:58 PM(UTC)
Porforis

United States

Applause Given: 168
Applause Received: 333

It's capitalism. Demand outstrips supply in an area where supply is normally not an issue, thus price (and value) skyrockets.
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed