You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Gaycandybacon  
#16 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:40:29 PM(UTC)
Gaycandybacon

United States

Applause Given: 145
Applause Received: 173

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
What happened to House? He was on fire then got pulled out of the game.

Hopefully they didn't favor McMillian.... because he was plying like a man out there. House that is
Offline DoddPower  
#17 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:48:22 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Applause Given: 1,458
Applause Received: 343

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post
Hopefully they didn't favor McMillian.... because he was plying like a man out there. House that is

McMillan is pathetic in pass coverage, and doesn't seem to be getting better . . . at all. It's disappointing, for sure.

Offline play2win  
#18 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:51:38 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 844
Applause Received: 547

What an awesome Win for the Packers. That was a tough team they faced, on the road. Great win!
Offline steveishere  
#19 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 1:55:51 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 599

James JOnes says he's ok. Dodged a bullett
thanks Post received 5 applause.
DoddPower on 10/13/2013(UTC), Gaycandybacon on 10/13/2013(UTC), play2win on 10/13/2013(UTC), nerdmann on 10/13/2013(UTC), Zero2Cool on 10/14/2013(UTC)
Offline millertime  
#20 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 2:39:52 PM(UTC)
millertime

Applause Given: 3
Applause Received: 3

Anyone think that our new emphasis on the running game has prevented our passing game from getting into a rhythm? The passing game just has not seemed in sync this year.

Hopefully, Cobb's injury is not as severe as it seems because he seems to be our go-to guy on 3rd down.
People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.
-Vince Lombardi
Offline musccy  
#21 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 2:53:57 PM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 114

Quote:
Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 21m
Nelson on Cobb, Jones injuries: "As far as I know, it’s possibly not as bad as it could have been." That's all I've got, folks.

I don't know if this refers to James (who I assumed was OK) both, or Dr. Nelson doesn't have any clue about the severity of the injuries.
Offline play2win  
#22 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 2:55:52 PM(UTC)
play2win

United States

Applause Given: 844
Applause Received: 547

Actually, millertime, we just had so many moving parts. I believe they are still trying to figure out where to run, etc. An all new OL. I think Aaron is learning what it is like to have a running game, and so is McCarthy.

Add to that we have played some of the NFL's top defenses, and BOTH Super Bowl teams through just the first 5 games.

If Aaron hadn't lost Jones or Cobb today, it might have been a blowout, and discussion moot. Crazy.
Offline K_Buz  
#23 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 3:32:36 PM(UTC)
K_Buz

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 19

Why is Aaron so emotionless out there? I can understand staying calm, but sometimes you need to rally the troops.
Offline wpr  
#24 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 3:58:20 PM(UTC)
wpr

United States

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,192

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon Go to Quoted Post

not his thing. He has said many times he is laid back No Cal and CM3 is the wild and worked up So Cal.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller

UserPostedImage

Offline musccy  
#25 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 4:05:54 PM(UTC)
musccy

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 114

Cobb/Jones not as bad as it looked???

I believe Jones won't be too bad, but nothing M.M. says here eases my concerns for Cobb.

Quote:
"We'll find out tomorrow," McCarthy said. "I'm hopeful for good information tomorrow once we get him back. James Jones, I'm hoping for good information there, too. We don't have a full diagnosis on either one of those guys."
Offline sschind  
#26 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:18:35 PM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 78
Applause Received: 312

Originally Posted by: millertime Go to Quoted Post
Anyone think that our new emphasis on the running game has prevented our passing game from getting into a rhythm?

Only Texaspackerbacker.

I fully respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
play2win on 10/14/2013(UTC)
Offline beast  
#27 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:52:17 PM(UTC)
beast

Applause Given: 119
Applause Received: 211

Originally Posted by: millertime Go to Quoted Post
Anyone think that our new emphasis on the running game has prevented our passing game from getting into a rhythm?

I'd say yes, but also say they they're not emphasising it enough, which is also hurting the passing game. I'll try to explain what I mean.

Falcons WR Roddy White said one of the reasons the Falcons are struggling is because "This team doesn’t have an identity right now".

Right now, I don't think the Packers offense as a whole have a single identity which is hurtting the offense as a whole. On one hand you have Rodgers and the passing weapons, on the other you have the RBs and the blockers.

I think the focus on the OL's run blocking has hurt their pass blocking, which has hurt the passing attack because Rodgers doesn't seem to be as comfortible back there, as well as they no longer have Jennings, and may lose more WRs after this game, all which hurt the passing game.

But I also think the Packers playcallers (MM/Rodgers) wanting to pass it more often and ride the passing game has also hurt the Packers. As if they would give being a run first team a shot, it would often things up in the passing game as well as play action.

Though I did note that I could sometimes tell if it was a run or pass simple based on Lacy depth from Rodgers. I don't like tells and I'm sure the players and coaches are looking for tells a lot closer than I am.

America's team... of the people, by the people, for the people
UserPostedImage
~ made by pack93z
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#28 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 6:00:21 PM(UTC)
TheKanataThrilla

Canada

Applause Given: 99
Applause Received: 63

I don't think there is issues with the passing game, I just find we are going for very low percentage throws way too often. 3rd and 2 and we try and connect a 20+ yard throw. I couple of times it looked that Aaron could have even ran for the first, but threw the low percentage pass instead. Also our pass plays still look like they are ran to the sidelines.

Lots of dropped passes today. Boykins looked lost for most of his time out there.

"Stumbling from one disaster to another" Lost Together (Blue Rodeo)
nerdmann on 10/13/2013(UTC)
Offline DoddPower  
#29 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 6:15:09 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

United States

Applause Given: 1,458
Applause Received: 343

Losing two out of your three top targets is going to throw most teams out of whack for a while. I'm a little surprised they were able to do what they were able to do, really. Two crucial injuries like that can't be easy to adjust too. Add that to the poor pass protection and yeah, things probably aren't going to look that good. Other than the pass protection and a few drops, I thought things looked pretty good, all things considering.
play2win on 10/14/2013(UTC)
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 13, 2013 6:50:26 PM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

United States

Applause Given: 349
Applause Received: 210

Originally Posted by: sschind Go to Quoted Post
Only Texaspackerbacker.

A win is a win is a win but ........ did this look like the Packer passing game was in rhythm? Not to me. I'm as thankful as anybody for Lacy and the enhanced ability to run, and I'll blame good defense and bad O Line play for the lack of rhythm, but just the same, I'd rather see a Packer blowout - about 400 yards and 4 TDs passing, maybe about 45 - 17 - but I'm happy just the same hahahahaha.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.