You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline nerdmann  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 4:38:56 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
OK, I'll bite. Hell no, I don't think any of those things are gonna happen, and I really don't think they SHOULD happen.

Ball control is overrated. Nothing wrong with it, but not essential. I'll take big plays any day.

The Packers have been running more No Huddle because it works, and part of the reason why it works is not giving the other team's D a chance to think. Taking the play clock down between plays (other than at the end of the game to run out the clock) lessens that benefit.

If Rodgers gets rid of it quick sometimes to avoid the pass rush, fine. But I'm all for having him take the time to throw it deep even if that means using his legs to buy that time.

How many points did we get off those 4 consecutive turnovers last game?

What works is adhering to fundamentals. We need to win this game.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline nyrpack  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 5:30:50 PM(UTC)
nyrpack

Applause Given: 2
Applause Received: 39

we better put points up , lions can score and bush does get scary at times, i still think the pack will win 34 - 23 !!
jimmy b.
Offline steveishere  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 7:16:47 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 601

The packers do take the play clock down when they run no huddle. The reason they go no huddle is to stop the other team from substituting.
Offline DakotaT  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 2, 2013 7:23:25 PM(UTC)
DakotaT

Applause Given: 570
Applause Received: 1,191

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
The packers do take the play clock down when they run no huddle. The reason they go no huddle is to stop the other team from substituting.

You're going to have some tired O-lineman, getting in their stance for 20 seconds.
UserPostedImage
Offline Zero2Cool  
#20 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 7:13:20 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

United States

Applause Given: 1,744
Applause Received: 1,792

After Adrian Peterson's first carry against he Lions, they shut him down quite well. It'll be interesting to see how the Packers RB's fair.

UserPostedImage
Click here and find the LATEST Packers News!
Offline yooperfan  
#21 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 7:57:37 AM(UTC)
yooperfan

Applause Given: 480
Applause Received: 227

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
After Adrian Peterson's first carry against he Lions, they shut him down quite well. It'll be interesting to see how the Packers RB's fair.

IMO the difference will be that we have a QB who can actually pass the ball and complete passes.
This should loosen up the run game more than the Vikes could.

thanks Post received 2 applause.
nerdmann on 10/3/2013(UTC), texaspackerbacker on 10/3/2013(UTC)
Offline Dulak  
#22 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 10:27:19 AM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 80

Originally Posted by: yooperfan Go to Quoted Post
IMO the difference will be that we have a QB who can actually pass the ball and complete passes.
This should loosen up the run game more than the Vikes could.

ya watched the lions chicago game and stafford really cant throw that well ... at least when you compare him to rodgers.

He's got some decent receivers but so do we.

oh ya we should be happy we dont have a qb like cutler - geez Id hate my team if he was on it. Looks like such a sour puss. Especially with him throwing all the INTs
Offline mi_keys  
#23 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 11:10:43 AM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 142
Applause Received: 226

Originally Posted by: Dulak Go to Quoted Post
ya watched the lions chicago game and stafford really cant throw that well ... at least when you compare him to rodgers.

He's got some decent receivers but so do we.

oh ya we should be happy we dont have a qb like cutler - geez Id hate my team if he was on it. Looks like such a sour puss. Especially with him throwing all the INTs

Stafford missed some throws badly early on. The Lions could have been up much bigger in that first half had Stafford not been so erratic.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Offline Dulak  
#24 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 2:40:23 PM(UTC)
Dulak

Applause Given: 122
Applause Received: 80

Originally Posted by: mi_keys Go to Quoted Post
Stafford missed some throws badly early on. The Lions could have been up much bigger in that first half had Stafford not been so erratic.

agree - the lions really trounced the bears that game but stafford really didnt shine in the 1st 1/2. He was over throwing etc ... was like a kid throwing a football with bad hand eye corordination
Offline steveishere  
#25 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 3:30:23 PM(UTC)
steveishere

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 601

That's who Stafford is all the time, not just a 1 game thing. He'll drop back and have a clean pocket but still throw a stupid pass sidearm off his back foot. For no reason he just does these weird things where if you watch guys like Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers they have the same motions and mechanics pretty much every time.
Offline mi_keys  
#26 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 5:03:09 PM(UTC)
mi_keys

Applause Given: 142
Applause Received: 226

Originally Posted by: steveishere Go to Quoted Post
That's who Stafford is all the time, not just a 1 game thing. He'll drop back and have a clean pocket but still throw a stupid pass sidearm off his back foot. For no reason he just does these weird things where if you watch guys like Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers they have the same motions and mechanics pretty much every time.

Yup. He's Brett Favre without the talent to be Brett Favre.
Born and bred a cheesehead
thanks Post received 1 applause.
texaspackerbacker on 10/3/2013(UTC)
Offline porky88  
#27 Posted : Thursday, October 3, 2013 8:27:49 PM(UTC)
porky88

Applause Given: 156
Applause Received: 284

Next two weeks are huge because the schedule softens. This game could get Green Bay rolling or it could derail the season, as a Detroit victory sends them to 4-1 and drops Green Bay to 1-3.

Defensively, stop Reggie Bush. Let Calvin Johnson get his 145 yards and a touchdown. It's Bush that makes this Lions team complete. He's the player that extends drives and hits you for a big play. In previous seasons, it was all about Matthew Stafford finding Johnson. That didn't work too often against the Packers or many other teams. Make those two players beat you instead of the other 51.

Offensively, I think the short-passing game will help early. Losing Jermichael Finley was big against Cincinnati. It took away the center of the field and it hurt the short-passing game. When Rodgers knows pressure is coming, he checks to Finley often. In previous seasons, Finley wouldn't do much or drop the ball, but he's playing great this year. He's faster, stronger, and catching the ball. These plays seem trivial, but they're extending drives or setting Green Bay up with manageable third downs.

I'm also curious as to how Green Bay uses Johnathan Franklin and Eddie Lacy. I'm excited about the prospect of having two young running backs impact this offense.

It should be fun. I’m expecting a ton of points. Just throwing this out there, but the Packers are 21-1 in their last 22 regular-season home games, and the Lions haven’t won in Wisconsin since 1991.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Zero2Cool on 10/4/2013(UTC), wpr on 10/4/2013(UTC)
Offline Yerko  
#28 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2013 9:30:59 AM(UTC)
Yerko

Applause Given: 110
Applause Received: 197

I am trying to figure out where all this hoopla is coming from for the Lions as their 3-1 record is against pretty abysmal teams. They have barely beat the Vikings and the Redksins, beat an over-hyped Bears team and lost tot he Cardinals (who are just as bad as the Vikings). They are 3-1 though and that's really all that matters.

Maybe I am giving the Packers too much credit but I think they handle the Lions pretty easily this game. Aside from their defensive line, the Lions are outmatched in every other aspect of the game. Reggie Bush will determine if the offense succeeds or not but I think the Packers defense will zone in on him.

Rodgers is coming off of having to sit on a loss (that should have been a win) for two weeks. We all know how Rodgers is and I think he comes out on fire. Add to that, we get Eddie Lacy and Jermichael Finley back in the mix which will allow Rodgers those short passes if the Lions defensive line is breaking through easily. As long as the Packers offensive line can do an average job against the Lions defensive line, the Packers should come out on top Sunday afternoon.

Expect a high scoring game...

Packers- 38
Lions- 31
UserPostedImage
Offline nerdmann  
#29 Posted : Friday, October 4, 2013 12:16:06 PM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,108
Applause Received: 474

Originally Posted by: Yerko Go to Quoted Post
I am trying to figure out where all this hoopla is coming from for the Lions as their 3-1 record is against pretty abysmal teams. They have barely beat the Vikings and the Redksins, beat an over-hyped Bears team and lost tot he Cardinals (who are just as bad as the Vikings). They are 3-1 though and that's really all that matters.

Maybe I am giving the Packers too much credit but I think they handle the Lions pretty easily this game. Aside from their defensive line, the Lions are outmatched in every other aspect of the game. Reggie Bush will determine if the offense succeeds or not but I think the Packers defense will zone in on him.

Rodgers is coming off of having to sit on a loss (that should have been a win) for two weeks. We all know how Rodgers is and I think he comes out on fire. Add to that, we get Eddie Lacy and Jermichael Finley back in the mix which will allow Rodgers those short passes if the Lions defensive line is breaking through easily. As long as the Packers offensive line can do an average job against the Lions defensive line, the Packers should come out on top Sunday afternoon.

Expect a high scoring game...

Packers- 38
Lions- 31

We're at home AND just off a bye. Two enormous advantages.

I classify it as a must win game btw. We really shit ourselves against the BeenGirls and now we're behind the 8ball at 1-2.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Online Mucky Tundra  
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 6, 2013 4:56:21 AM(UTC)
Mucky Tundra

United States

Applause Given: 226
Applause Received: 273

Coming off the bye, people are getting healthy, at home, Rodgers will be razor sharp, running game looking good. I think this will be the game is Datone Jones coming out party. Defense will force some turnovers early and the team will roll to victory. Stat Padford will add some garbage points late.

45-21
UserPostedImage