John252
10 years ago
Just wondering what everyone's favorite college football teams are. I'd assume a lot of you are badgers fans, but I'd still like to know!

Mine (as you could probably figure out in my signature) are the ECU Pirates. We have some decent chance to go BCS busting this year, despite a crushing loss against VA Tech last weekend (crushing because we were so, so close.) We'd have to win out, which is extremely unlikely, but that doesn't stop me from hoping! I guess it all depends on how we do against the two ACC opponents NC State and Carolina. If we can beat them we have a pretty good chance of winning out. Other key games are Marshall and Tulsa, although after seeing Tulsa get shredded by Bowling Green and barely slipping by Colorado State, I don't really see them as much of a threat, but who knows?

But yeah, how do the college football allegiances line up here?

Also, sorry if there's already a thread like this, I have absolutely horrible luck with search functions on forums like this and didn't see anything.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
10 years ago
#Badgers

I grew up worshiping Florida State and Bobby Bowden.. actually got to meet him while at a high school football camp.. wasn't there to see me however.. lol. That would have been cool.

I have a few schools I follow sometimes closer than others.. Clemson, Arizona State, UCLA, Washington and Colorado.

And anyone playing "Thee" Ohio State University and Michigan. I loath the ground that OSU walks upon.. lol.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
I graduated from Northern Illinois so naturally I support them. They had some lean years after I graduated when they got the bright idea to go indy. I guess they thought they could do what ND does. That and I think they wanted to be #12 in the B$G. I mean the new Big 12. I mean the Big Ten. Ok they gambled and failed miserably at least they crawled back to the MAC and have excelled.

Besides them I follow Illinois on the big boys level. I just wish they played like big boys these days. The past few coaches have really tore the team down along with a little help for the former AD. But they seem to be creeping back toward mediocrity. After that hopefully they will get back on the the big stage like they were in the 80's and 90's.

My younger brother went to Lawrence so I like to keep an eye on them but the team isn't as good as when he played. Late 70's. Anyone who beats Michigan or Ohio U is ok in my book same for teams that beat ND. I don't care for the SEC very much these days. They seem to be the football factory at least the B1G tries to pretend and have their athlete-students (see what I did there?) go to class for a couple of years and have a C average. Unlike the SEC or old big twelve.

I like how Oregon more or less busted on to the scene a few years ago. Although I hate their unis. Boise State is another one who has scratched and clawed their way into my admiration. Just hate that dumb field.

edit- I was trying to think of an east coast team that I like and I can't think of any. As close as i get is Rutgers but since they are coming into the B1G I find myself more and more apathetic about them.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
BADGERS all the way. That half time feature last week about VanderKelen, Richter, and the '63 Rose Bowl - possibly the greatest game in the history of college football, I watched that flat on my back with a 103 fever and chicken pox, a day I will never forget. Some graduate in engineering, some in business, etc., as I used to tell people, I graduated in 69 - from UW of course.

I tried to become a Baylor fan down here, first when my daughter went there, then again with Robert Griffin - he came from Cooperas Cove, the next town over from me, and my grandson played soccer with his little brother - but I couldn't get very fired up for them.

Also, I used to be a Notre Dame fan way back in the Theisman era - they were the only team on TV consistently then, but I soured on them completely when Dan Devine coached there, and I have never been able to get back on their side.

So my heart is BADGERS ALL THE WAY!
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
John252
10 years ago
I don't think I can properly express how happy this makes me.

UserPostedImage

Good game, but to be perfectly honest, UNC has the worst football atmosphere I've ever experienced. The ECU fans that had to travel to Chapel Hill (myself included) were consistently louder than the entire UNC fanbase throughout the entire game, (that includes BEFORE the game became a blowout) and the stadium looked like the picture below around halfway through the 3rd quarter.

UserPostedImage

I don't know about you guys, but win or lose I like to stay to the very end of a game. For example last year I stood in the student section until the bitter end staring in horror as Navy (yeah, NAVY) ran the option on EVERY play and shredded our defense. I guess UNC's issue is just the byproduct of being a basketball first school, but still....

This game really opens the door to our team doing big things this year. The only game that we shouldn't be favored to win after this one is against NC state later in the season, but who knows where they really stand right now, working with a backup quarterback and a squad that struggled to pull off a win against the Richmond spiders. More on this later in the season.

All in all though, good game day. The tailgating was fun, with the beer and food flowing nicely, and to top it off, the 13 point underdogs that I was rooting for beat the spread by almost 40 points. Good day.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
10 years ago
North Dakota State University, but if you make me choose a football factory; I'll go with Wisconsin.

At 93Z - how can such an outstanding person such as yourself choose to root for such a doucebag as Bobby Bowden?
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
10 years ago

At 93Z - how can you choose to root for such a doucebag as Bobby Bowden?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Well in the late 70's.. as my football hunger was growing.. part of my adoption of Florida States football program was he took a program that was in the toilet and made it a winner.. and part of it was the colors of the program itself.. it was the same as our school colors.

Not a fan of Bowden the person.. was a fan of Bowden the coach.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
DakotaT
10 years ago

Well in the late 70's.. as my football hunger was growing.. part of my adoption of Florida States football program was he took a program that was in the toilet and made it a winner.. and part of it was the colors of the program itself.. it was the same as our school colors.

Not a fan of Bowden the person.. was a fan of Bowden the coach.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

You can't separate a person like that. Joe Paterno = extreme douchebag!
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dhazer (25m) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (4h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (14h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (21h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (22h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (22h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.