You are not logged in. Join Free! | Log In Thank you!    

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Share
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline DoddPower  
#16 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 12:53:54 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,569
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,457
Applause Received: 343

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
That is what frustrates me about the package. They should replay the games all week long or have them in que and let you watch them on demand. Why be so stingy about it? You may want to watch more than one game and don't have a dvr. They put out these games with an eye dropper and are afraid that you may get more than your are paying them for the service.



I can agree, but since all the games are broadcast live, it is what it is. I'm sure they want everyone to purchase DVR's too. Although there is the NFL Game Rewind for all the games that shows the game in about 30 minutes. I don't really like that, however. NFL Network also replays a couple games each week, too. Otherwise, I suppose one could watch the Red Zone channels offered through Direct TV and the NFL Network. A lot of people really seem to like those, but I don't care for them much. I'd rather just flip between the games I want to watch, not just see all the big plays at their discretion.
Offline wpr  
#17 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 1:07:03 PM(UTC)
wpr

Rank: Hall of Famer

United States
Posts: 11,865
Joined: 8/8/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 2,405
Applause Received: 1,192

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post
I can agree, but since all the games are broadcast live, it is what it is. I'm sure they want everyone to purchase DVR's too. Although there is the NFL Game Rewind for all the games that shows the game in about 30 minutes. I don't really like that, however. NFL Network also replays a couple games each week, too. Otherwise, I suppose one could watch the Red Zone channels offered through Direct TV and the NFL Network. A lot of people really seem to like those, but I don't care for them much. I'd rather just flip between the games I want to watch, not just see all the big plays at their discretion.


yep. It is measured out in teeny tiny increments. Heaven forbid they give fans total and unfettered access to the games as much as they want as often as they want. What would happen if they did THAT?? The NFL might lose a little of their tightfisted iron grip control they now have. People could actually think and chose for themselves.
"You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em." Chesty Puller



UserPostedImage

Offline GermanGilbert  
#18 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 1:20:29 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 569
Joined: 11/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 70

Originally Posted by: wpr Go to Quoted Post
yep. It is measured out in teeny tiny increments. Heaven forbid they give fans total and unfettered access to the games as much as they want as often as they want. What would happen if they did THAT?? The NFL might lose a little of their tightfisted iron grip control they now have. People could actually think and chose for themselves.


So that's even more heaven on earth to have the option of the gamepass. Applause It offers you all games in the 2h version (without commercials) and 30m version (only plays) whenever you want after the games. I watch the Packers game live, rest of the Sunday Redzone Channel and the big failures of Vikings and Bears whenever I want, either in the short or extended version Big Grin





blank
Offline DoddPower  
#19 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 1:38:41 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,569
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,457
Applause Received: 343

Originally Posted by: GermanGilbert Go to Quoted Post
So that's even more heaven on earth to have the option of the gamepass. Applause It offers you all games in the 2h version (without commercials) and 30m version (only plays) whenever you want after the games. I watch the Packers game live, rest of the Sunday Redzone Channel and the big failures of Vikings and Bears whenever I want, either in the short or extended version Big Grin







Yeah, DirectTV has several other options that even I choose not to purchase. They have their own red zone channel. I'm not sure why I would need that, considering 1.) I don't even like RedZone Channels, and 2.) NFL Network has a Red Zone channel themselves. They also offer the ability to watch games on the go via the internet, cell phone, tablet, etc. That's a pretty cool feature, but I just don't really need it. If I can't watch the game on Sunday, it means I'm traveling and won't have time to watch the game anyway, even if I could watch it on my phone, etc. I'll just record the games I want to watch and view them once I return. And the ability to record 5 games at once is plenty to for me, as there is usually not many more games on than that anyway for the first set of games at 1:00 pm estn, and definitely not for the 2nd set at 4 pm estn. The ability to get all the games live is fine for me paired with a DVR. I must admit though, that it's nice they dropped the price. The original price of around $350 dollars was too much. A little over $200 for the base package is reasonable imo, all things considered.

With that being said, I must say I'm really enjoying the shift in my game days Sundays now that I've moved from the east coast to the west coast. It's nice to have the games come on at 10 am and be completed before 9 pm on Sundays (vs. starting at 1 pm and not ending until around midnight on the east coast). The west coast football schedule is the way to go, imo. I don't miss those late football nights, at all.

Offline GermanGilbert  
#20 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 2:17:01 PM(UTC)
GermanGilbert

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

Posts: 569
Joined: 11/18/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 27
Applause Received: 70

Originally Posted by: DoddPower Go to Quoted Post

With that being said, I must say I'm really enjoying the shift in my game days Sundays now that I've moved from the east coast to the west coast. It's nice to have the games come on at 10 am and be completed before 9 pm on Sundays (vs. starting at 1 pm and not ending until around midnight on the east coast). The west coast football schedule is the way to go, imo. I don't miss those late football nights, at all.



I guess that's a question of personality. As a "late guy" 10 am would be a real shocker for me to watch the games. 7pm to 2am for all the NFL noon/afternoon games works perfect for me, that's my common time to go to bed. And if the Packers play one of the night games -> day off the next day.

As a Packers fan you're maybe OK at 10 am in the morning in CA, but figure out how Browns fans there feel taking shots all morning to somehow survive the game Big Grin

blank
Offline DoddPower  
#21 Posted : Friday, September 20, 2013 9:49:08 PM(UTC)
DoddPower

Rank: 1st Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 2,569
Joined: 9/24/2007(UTC)
Location: Visalia, CA

Applause Given: 1,457
Applause Received: 343

Originally Posted by: GermanGilbert Go to Quoted Post
I guess that's a question of personality. As a "late guy" 10 am would be a real shocker for me to watch the games. 7pm to 2am for all the NFL noon/afternoon games works perfect for me, that's my common time to go to bed. And if the Packers play one of the night games -> day off the next day.

As a Packers fan you're maybe OK at 10 am in the morning in CA, but figure out how Browns fans there feel taking shots all morning to somehow survive the game Big Grin




Browns fans? Did you mean Raiders?

And it's not so much about personality as it is career. Having to wake up at 5 am for a 12 hour work day makes watching a football game until midnight miserable. I'm more of a night person, and waking up every morning early is terrible no matter how many times I do it, but it is what it is. It's nice to have the games over with by 9 pm or earlier, and still have time to get ready for the next day and get in bed at a decent hour. I guess it's all part of getting older and falling into such a strict routine. I'm OK with it, though. I've got to work, and I loves me some sleep! It's taking some time to adjust to. After all, it's only happened for two weeks of an NFL season for me so far, and only one early game. Either way, my chocolate lab puppy doesn't let us sleep late anyway, so I'm up regardless.

Wanna Box? Wanna Box?
Offline SINCITYCHEEZE  
#22 Posted : Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:20:30 PM(UTC)
SINCITYCHEEZE

Rank: 5th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 508
Joined: 8/7/2008(UTC)

Applause Given: 155
Applause Received: 105

If you think having early game starts at 10 am in the Pacific time zone is tough to get used to. Try living in Arizona. You start out the season with 10 am games. Then come October they get pushed back to 11 am because of the change back to Standard time across the rest of the country. Yup Arizona is one of the few or maybe the only states that stays on Daylight Savings time all year round.
Wisconsin Born,Packer Bred
UserPostedImage
thanks Post received 1 applause.
DoddPower on 9/21/2013(UTC)
Offline Tezzy  
#23 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2013 6:50:10 AM(UTC)
Tezzy

Rank: 4th Round Draft Pick

United States
Posts: 979
Joined: 8/21/2008(UTC)
Location: Wayne's Basement

Applause Given: 16
Applause Received: 53

OK, I'll send a case of beer to whomever does the research to determine the Packers record with Buck and Aikman calling our game.
... not gay, but like a Viking. Same difference.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF 2.1.0 | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.367 seconds.