Join Our Green Bay Packers Interactive Community!

We have been providing fans with the best source of Packers information since 2006!
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 7:11:59 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 457
Applause Received: 275

As I edited my earlier post to say "except for PACKER major injuries" - adding the word "PACKER", I got to thinking. I have to plead guilty (sorry to those this offends hahahaha) to getting an "inappropriate" good feeling when I see an opponent get carted off.

I was just wondering if I was the ONLY member of AA here (ASSHOLES ANONYMOUS).
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 7:26:26 AM(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Yahoo! Fantasy Football - Gold: 2009FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Silver: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Silver: 2011ESPN NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2010Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2013

United States

Applause Given: 1,955
Applause Received: 2,186

I don't ever wish anyone to get hurt. I think that's inconsiderate and wrong. However, when a team playing the Packers has an injury, I do think "hope its bad enough to keep him on the sidelines for the rest of the game" while hoping its not serious enough to keep him out of next weeks game.

I fear karma.
UserPostedImage
Online nerdmann  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 8:32:11 AM(UTC)
nerdmann

Applause Given: 2,630
Applause Received: 654

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool Go to Quoted Post
I don't ever wish anyone to get hurt. I think that's inconsiderate and wrong. However, when a team playing the Packers has an injury, I do think "hope its bad enough to keep him on the sidelines for the rest of the game" while hoping its not serious enough to keep him out of next weeks game.

I fear karma.

We've already got that karma.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Offline texaspackerbacker  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 9:10:57 AM(UTC)
texaspackerbacker

Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Gold: 2014

United States

Applause Given: 457
Applause Received: 275

Come On guys, they say admitting you are that way is the first step to the cure hahahaha. I'm talking FEELINGS - not what's in your p.c. infected mind........ Or maybe I am the only asshole who feels that way hahahaha.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Offline sschind  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 10:00:03 AM(UTC)
sschind

United States

Applause Given: 117
Applause Received: 422

There may be a difference between getting a good feeling when an opposing player gets carted of the field and hoping such an injury happens. I kinda have to agree with zero on this though. If an opposing player gets dinged up bad enough that he has to miss the rest of the game but he will be back at full strength next week I don't feel the least bit guilty feeling a little bit happy about that. Of course it would be even better if that injury flared up and made the guy miss the next game we played against them as well.

On a slightly different angle I am not one of these guys who hopes our opponents have all their guys healthy so we can beat them at their best. If we play the vikings I hope Peterson is out with the flu. I hope Marshall tweaks an ankle when we play the Bears (not sure about Forte, I have him on three of my FF teams.) You get my drift. I don't care if Patriots fans say "yeah you beat us but Brady was hurt" All I care to hear is the "yeah you beat us" as that is all that matters.
I respect your right to have your opinion but that doesn't mean I agree with it or respect you for having it.
thanks Post received 1 applause.
Zero2Cool on 9/8/2013(UTC)
Offline Wade  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 10:32:59 AM(UTC)
Wade

Applause Given: 678
Applause Received: 698

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker Go to Quoted Post
Come On guys, they say admitting you are that way is the first step to the cure hahahaha. I'm talking FEELINGS - not what's in your p.c. infected mind........ Or maybe I am the only asshole who feels that way hahahaha.

I doubt you are the only one. You may be a bit more willing to admit it, though.

I do not want other players to be get hurt. But I wouldn't mind them going away suffiiciently traumatized mentally by the fact that they aren't in the Packers league as a team.

I want as many players, coaches, and water-carriers as possilbe on other NFL teams thinking "they're better than us...a lot better".

I want this team to be so good it demoralizes other teams to have to play them. I want this team to be so good that the *notion* of playing the Packers saps the will.

Victory is about imposing one's will. If the will is not there, the war cannot be won.

(I'm channeling Karl von C. today.)

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Offline DoddPower  
#7 Posted : Sunday, September 8, 2013 10:45:26 AM(UTC)
DoddPower

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Gold: 2011

United States

Applause Given: 2,048
Applause Received: 514

I NEVER wish for anyone to get injured, and it has nothing to do with being self-righteous. As someone who has had several ankle, knee, and leg injuries, I know how agonizing and painful they can be, and how long the recovery process can take. In fact, a few of my injuries still affect me today, and probably always will. Once the cartilage goes, it doesn't come back.

I couldn't imagine ever being any bit excited to see anyone get hurt. When I see someone get injured, it usually sends a shiver down my spine, and makes some of my previous injuries hurt.
Rss Feed