Green Bay Packers Forum

Welcome to your Green Bay Packers Online Community!

Since 2006, PackersHome has been providing a unique experience for fans.
Your participation is greatly anticipated!
Login or Register.
4 Pages<1234>
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TheKanataThrilla  
#11 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 6:04:06 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 352
Applause Received: 335
Philly has been trying to do this with Michael Vick as well. It is bullshit. You can not fake like you are running and not expect to be clbbered when you then decide to pull-up and throw. It doesn't work that way. If a punter decides to do this is he protected as well. Let's remove the discretion from the game not add to the grey areas that give the refs more challenges to get it right.
Offline DarkaneRules  
#12 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 6:57:46 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 288
Applause Received: 539
I got very angry when I read this. I would rather just not pay attention to him. Like the coach in Seattle, this is a guy who annoys the crap out of me. I respect him as a coach more than the other guy Pete, but at the same time, I just think he's a prick.
Offline buckeyepackfan  
#13 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 9:10:54 AM(UTC)

FleaFlicker Fantasy Football - Bronze: 2012Yahoo! NCAA March Madness - Bronze: 2014

Applause Given: 584
Applause Received: 652
Pack93z said: Go to Quoted Post
Been of that viewpoint for 25 years... since the high school days of the bullsh!t red "don't touch me" jerseys... pansy asses anyways.

I always enjoy reading your "viepoints", Makes me laugh, because they are so true!!!

Someone else mentioned it earlier, if a Packer player or 2 happen to get a "flag" for a so called roughing the passre, so be it.

I'm not talking about cheap shots, but as we saw in preseason, one of The Packers lbr's(?) made what Mike called an absolute textbook hit on the QB and he got flagged.

Take your shots boys, Harbaugh can cry all he wants, I for one am tired of hearing about 'The New" NFL QB.

RGIII has probably already taken a few years off his career, let's see if him and his coach learned anything from last year.

This new"pistol" offense will become a thing of the past when the owners have to start paying their franchise QB's while they are standing on the sidelines rehabbing or are put on IR.

Money talks boys and girls, won't take much.
Offline PackerTraxx  
#14 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 9:31:44 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 60
Applause Received: 195
Harbaugh is lucky I'm not a ref...I very much dislike whinny crybabies...he would never get the benefit of the doubt. Every coach works the ref, constantly whining and trying to set your own rules is overboard.
Offline Wade  
#15 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 10:46:13 AM(UTC)

Applause Given: 797
Applause Received: 803
I'm not concerned about what Harbaugh says or does. If he wants to act and look like a camel with plugged-up bowels when he's on the sideline, let him.

That said, I have to I say that I hope that the Packers approach is more about keeping Kaepernick from getting TO the open field and less about how hard to hit him once he's got there.

Better tackling form is something the Packers need to stress across the board on defense, but ISTM once you let someone like Kaepernick out of traffic, you've already seriously limited even the best tackler from stopping him.

Keep him from getting to the line of scrimmage, and you don't have to worry about what he can do past it. Keep him from finding a hole or getting outside, and you don't have to worry about what he would do if he does.

Offline Yerko  
#16 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 12:11:45 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 186
Applause Received: 335
First, I am gad to see that the Packers are taking the route they are taking by wanting to test the rules of the NFL, instead of screwing up and later blaming the rules for their poor performance.

Second, I am so tired of the bullshit protection any quarterback in the league gets and to even have a conversation of furthering the protection for a scrambling/pistol/read-option/whatever the hell they are calling them quarterback is ridiculous. Take the quarterback off the pedestal and put him on a level playing ground of every other player on the field.
If the league gives a read-option quarterback more protection, it just creates a giant mess. Like the article states, the read-option offense is about deception. If you are allowing one player of that read-option to be untouchable, the defense is screwed.

Third and lastly, please stfu Harbaugh. The season hasn't even started yet and you are stomping your feet and crying about something. If you don't like the rules, change your offensive scheme you dillweed.
Offline nyrpack  
#17 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 1:01:37 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 8
Applause Received: 88
Let the whining begin for Jim horrible nicknamed after his qb play
Offline gbguy20  
#18 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 1:41:08 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 381
Applause Received: 438
All I am worried about is that we actually touch him this game. Last year he ran all over us nearly untouched. We need to hit him behind the LOS, not 20 yards later.
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Wade on 9/5/2013(UTC), wpr on 9/6/2013(UTC)
Offline Bigbyfan  
#19 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 1:53:38 PM(UTC)

Applause Given: 64
Applause Received: 183
If I was Dom Capers, I would take a 15 yard penalty early in the game just to send a message. Have Clay Matthews drive Kap's candy ass into the ground and let him have a little something extra to think about for the rest of the game,
thanks Post received 2 applause.
Wade on 9/5/2013(UTC), wpr on 9/6/2013(UTC)
Offline Pack93z  
#20 Posted : Thursday, September 5, 2013 2:27:43 PM(UTC)

PackersHome NFL Pick'em - Bronze: 2012

United States
Applause Given: 410
Applause Received: 1,134
The NFL's Reply..

NFL confirms: Read-option QBs can be hit like runners

Players on the Packers have been talking about hitting 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, and San Francisco coach Jim Harbaugh is not happy about that. But the NFL has some bad news for Harbaugh: Taking hits comes with the territory of being a read-option quarterback.

In an officiating video distributed to the media, NFL Vice President of Officiating Dean Blandino says that read-option quarterbacks can be hit like runners, even if they don’t have the ball. If a quarterback who handed off or pitched the ball is still carrying out a fake in a running posture, he can be tackled the same way he would be if he still had the ball.

“He is still treated as a runner until he is clearly out of the play,” Blandino said. “The quarterback makes the pitch, he’s still a runner — he can be hit like a runner until he’s clearly out of the play.”
thanks Post received 3 applause.
gbguy20 on 9/5/2013(UTC), Mucky Tundra on 9/5/2013(UTC), GoPack1984 on 9/6/2013(UTC)
Rss Feed